Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

alright, here it is. use this thread to request swatches. the guidelines are up to you and your needs: single swatches, comparison swatches, specific skin tone swatches

when comparisons are requested, feel free to provide whatever you have of that request--i want anyone to participate and contribute if they want to. have fun, hope this is helpful !

Re: THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

@Titian06 It really is! 

While I’m at it, here are a few more new swatches. 

New Mario blush, missing a few in-store but I will swatch mine under hauls tomorrow if the sun ever comes out or not like nighttime all day. 😭 Tarte blush, Nars blush and Saie highlighter blush too. Love the Saie! Cool texture. Tarte very soft as you can see. Mario look very promising! (Not all shades in my small store. 😊)

Not sure who may wanna see these! 

IMG_8917.jpeg

IMG_8829.jpegIMG_8830.jpegIMG_8831.jpeg

Such cute colors, i thought they were ugly, turns out there beautiful! Tysm!

Great job with all the swatches @Sunnysmom !

Thanks @makeitup305 , love yours too! 💞

Thanks, @Sunnysmom ! 😘  The Saie blushes look lovely.  Those weren't even on my radar.

They are really really nice @Titian06 ! My swatches will be up in Hauls soon. What a nifty blend of blush and highlighter. The texture reminds me of WA lip compact and her Westman Atelier Super Loaded Tinted Cream Highlighter Peau de Rose etc highlighters. I really love all things Saie! 

@Sunnysmom ,

You are working very hard to bring us all these swatches!   Reporting from the trenches with the latest color stories!

Haha that made me giggle @tsavorite ! Yes my fav kind of reporting job! 

@Sunnysmom the Tarte blushes really do look...juicy?  

I know @CookieGirl1 . It wasn’t like the store was even warm at all either. The opposite. I had thought I wanted to maybe try one but that put me off sadly. They are smooth but too soft imo. 😕

@Sunnysmom I can see blushes like those turning into a disaster very quickly 😂

🤣 Yes @CookieGirl1 me too! I’m like um are these a gloss?! 😆 I’m trying to recall their other cream blush, they weren’t this soft right? Do you remember? I think I had one and it was just a normal cream formula. I probably need to see these in a different store and see if was just a one off because I feel badly giving them a less than great mark if so. 

@Sunnysmom their other blushes are definitely more of a "standard" cream formula; I'm not sure how these ones made it past R&D 😂.

Pretty! I really want to try the Mario blushes soon! @Sunnysmom 

I think I could love them @sister13 . He does such a nice job with his blush I feel like. 

I was so surprised to go into Sephora today and see the new Dior Rosy Glow Blush 006 Berry and all the shades! Says online only! I did a few quick swatches on a few of them. Something was off with the Rosewood as maybe it had been wet or lotion on it because it would barely swatch. The others did however. Soft ish I would say. Colors are pretty. Remarkable? Verdict is out. 🤷🏻‍♀️😆 (excuse Buddy photo

bomb to show in diff light. His Auntie @blackkitty2014 insisted. 😂

Edit- I’ll add other colors asap. 

DOUBLE EDIT lol- here are the other 2 shades. It’s sooo gloomy here and store’s lighting was not great so forgive. 

@Titian06 and all. 😊 Coral is quite apricot I would say? 

IMG_8833.jpegIMG_8832.jpeg

IMG_8669.jpeg

IMG_8666.jpeg

Thank you, @Sunnysmom! None of these colors really grab me so I'm glad I didn't blind buy one.

Yup I get it @curlychiquita . They seem quite flat to me except Rosewood. I wish they had tweaked the formula. Oh well. Lol 

@Sunnysmom - Thank you so much for taking the time to go to the store to swatch the coral shade!  Uhg...definitely not the color I was expecting although I guess they all look different than expected.  I'm looking for a replacement for my beloved Benefit Coralista (the original, not the reformulated more pink version).  Sorry to be so picky! 🤗

Never picky @Titian06 , I am always on the hunt for THE perfect pink blush or red lip. Shocking I know. 😆

I bet @BlackKitty209 maybe has some thoughts on great coral blush shades. Did you try the  Gucci Luminous Matte Beauty Blush 04 Bright Coral or Gucci Luminous Matte Beauty Blush 02 Tender Apricot by any chance. They look to be good ones. Oh or HAUS LABS BY LADY GAGA Color Fuse Talc-Free Powder Blush with Fermented Arnica Pomelo Peach MAKEUP BY MARIO Soft Pop Plumping Blush Veil Just Peachy ? Just a few pretty corals I have seen on the drivebys! 🥰 

1 Reply
testing