Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

alright, here it is. use this thread to request swatches. the guidelines are up to you and your needs: single swatches, comparison swatches, specific skin tone swatches

when comparisons are requested, feel free to provide whatever you have of that request--i want anyone to participate and contribute if they want to. have fun, hope this is helpful !

Re: THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

Thank you @bem564 and I bet you’ll love it! They’re all so good! 

All so pretty! @Sunnysmom 

Thanks @sister13 , they’re a good bunch! 💞

@Sunnysmom what do you think of the Saie? I got a chance to try one for free and I really like it. I picked Saie Lip Blur Soft-Matte Hydrating Lipstick with Hyaluronic Acid Modern which is the most "natural" on me and really like it. It wears evenly and leaves a nice stain. I was thinking of picking up a brighter shade in order to get that popsicle "stain" look. All your pics are gorgeous.

Oh wow @makeitup305 , lucky you, I wish! 🥰

Yes I really like them too. They really apply like a dream in only one swipe and I love the smooth even look. I was happy to see how nice it still looked after even a few hours and a mask on inbetween. I love the popsicle look too! These brights will both do that! 

Thanks for these swatches, @Sunnysmom ! 💖💖💖  I think the Saie and YSL I added to my Loves list are ones you swatched.  How surprising, right??? 🤭  I'll have to check out the SCs; those look nice.

Ooh @Titian06 I meant to tag you!! 🥰 Of course they are! I think the SC are sleeper hit of my lippies! 

@itsfi @Sunnysmom 

top is VB Pearl highlighter, middle is PMG nude duo without the balm

applied, bottom is PMG nude duo

balm with the balm applied on top. 

The colors are so similar. The only difference is that VB looks sheerer and glides on but you can get the exact same feel and look when applying the balm on top of the PMG nude

shade. 

A3163417-F2CB-46A8-96E8-E427DA053AE0.jpeg

CDD8DAFC-47A7-4215-8214-C691628BE700.jpeg

@SportyGirly125 ,

These are both so beautiful!  Thanks for the swatches!  Very helpful.

@tsavorite @Welcome 

thanks for the comparison @SportyGirly125 !

@makeitup305 @Welcome 

Thanks @SportyGirly125 , it does look similar. I love the sheerness and feel of VBB. Good to know I can save my money and not get the Pat tho it’s lovely too! 

MAC Colour Excess Gel Pencil Eyeliner

Black-Glide or Die

Lavender-Commitment issues

Blue-Perpetual Shock!

Frankie at MAC swatched them on my hand and I was shocked. These liners give you a little play time to smudge out but after that they do not budge. I rubbed my fingers back and forth after a few minutes and it was smudge proof. I also tested it out in 94 degree weather and washed my hands and it’s still there. I am obsessed. I picked up Nudge Nudge, Ink Ink since she said it was a hot seller and was similar to Costa Riche. They have so many amazing colors to choose from. I really want Commitment Issues next.

159B8509-2729-4008-AC53-E00B32B57187.jpeg

204BED5B-A775-4CDF-89B6-0508A3E1AD28.jpeg

MAKEUP BY MARIO SoftSculpt Transforming Skin Enhancer® Light Medium , Chanel Soleil Tan Medium, Saie Sun Melt Natural Cream Bronzer Light Bronze . Hard to tell with the lighting, but Mario is more cool toned/neutral, Chanel is more peachy/warm, Saie has more of a sheen. They all have a similar slippy texture.

20220625_213226.jpg20220625_213231.jpg

So helpful @makeitup305 ! Love the sheen of the Saie, are you liking it? Have to try it! 

@Sunnysmom I like all of them so far. I think the main difference between the Saie and the Chanel is that, even though they both feel kind of slippery/balmy when first swatched, the Saie stays balmy longer and thins out eaiser. I wouldn't say it's radiant or that glowy after it's set down. 

I swatched all my cream bronzers the other day just for future reference.'

Before blending it out

20220701_184054.jpg

After blending

20220701_184541.jpg

Spoiler
From wrist to elbow- Salt New York Sculpt + Bronze Creme Tint Pro in Taupe, Makeup by Mario SoftSculpt Transforming Skin Enhancer in Light Medium, Westman Atelier Face Trace Cream Contour Stick in Biscuit, Tarte Sea Breezy Cream Bronzer in Seychelles, Chanel Les Beiges Healthy Glow Bronzing Cream in Soleil Tan Medium Bronze, Saie Sun Melt Cream-Balm Bronzer in Light, Rose Inc Solar Infusion Soft-Focus Cream Bronzer in Kauai, Hourglass Illume Sheer color trio (bronzer shade), Tom Ford Shade and Illuminate in Intensity 1.0, Salt New York Bronzer Sculpt + Bronze Creme Tint Pro in Light Medium.

WM Biscuit is considerably more cool toned than anything else, and more pigmented than Salt New York Taupe and the Mario. The Saie, Salt New York, and Mario were the thinnest and took the longest to set down and the Mario was by far the most balmy. It needs something on top (it seems it was designed that way). Tarte Seychelles and the Hourglass seemed to have the most standard, thicker cream formula and Seychelles is quite pigmented but blends out well. Chanel feels slippery when applying but sets down. Rose Inc Kauai feels the most cream to powder when applying and is the most golden out of all. Tom Ford looks patchy because it set down before I blended it. Honestly, they're all good. The only one that might need more work is the Mario.

@makeitup305 OH my gosh... I love this set of swatches!  I've been eyeing up more cream bronzers and this is so helpful!

glad I could help @missjeanie ! Honestly, you can't go wrong with any of these.

@makeitup305 ,

Your cream bronzer collection is amazing!  Thanks for showing us!  Before blending and after blending is interesting, too.

I like them blended on your skin much better.

@tsavorite it's a lot easier to determine undertones once blended, which definitely helps. I wish more people would swatch things like that online. 

1 Reply
testing