Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

alright, here it is. use this thread to request swatches. the guidelines are up to you and your needs: single swatches, comparison swatches, specific skin tone swatches

when comparisons are requested, feel free to provide whatever you have of that request--i want anyone to participate and contribute if they want to. have fun, hope this is helpful !

Re: THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

@Sunnysmom are these buildable? I have Rosy Beige in my cart as I've decided I no longer like how the powder Laura Mercier blush I've been using forever looks on me and I need something a bit more on the mauve than the pinky side.

Yes they are @niki172 . I experimented with both and they looked beautiful whether super subtle or a few swipes or over a creme blush too. A few passes did not look clown like at all vs just like a more intense flush. I bet Rosy Beige would look soft and pretty on you. Let me know if you try it. Bummer about LM. I like hers as well but I think these more. 

Thanks for the input @Sunnysmom clown is not the way I want to go lol! IDK if maybe it's expired (I honestly don't know when I opened it) but not only am I not a fan of the color but the staying power is lacking and if I do try and build it up I do wind up looking like I'm trying to join the circus. I'm not sure what happened but it's not like I don't have other blushes I can try out 😜

Haha @niki172 , I’m afraid of the times I may walk out without blending mine better! 😂 I agree that the LM do not have the lasting power which is a shame because the shade selection is just so nice isn’t it. I’m sure you do have options!! 😘 

Crosspost from hauls of some new fall lip swatches. 
These new formulas are sooo good! Especially SC!

SEPHORA COLLECTION Satin Hydrating Lipstick 12 Not Too Much ,13

Yves Saint Laurent The Bold High Pigment Lipstick 21 Rouge Paradoxe ,4,9

Saie Lip Blur Soft-Matte Hydrating Lipstick with Hyaluronic Acid Classic , Pop

E0C5FC44-1042-4233-87A9-E015869BA758.jpeg

F3288FFC-755D-4910-99D4-CA98959EDC1C.jpeg

  

1AB3D415-397F-40C2-B885-DE854D390441.jpeg

AD3502CC-A3EF-4125-B546-9CD47102B562.jpeg

AC09146B-8F30-409D-BF7E-DA947C7AC051.jpeg

21638B10-4174-4DBD-AB40-AD35E484D053.jpeg

@Sunnysmom ,

Thanks for all the wonderful swatches!  Gorgeous lipsticks!   And your roses in the purple vase- I love this!  Pretty photos!

Aww you’re too kind @tsavorite thank you! Just an amateur. Lol. The colors make the pic! 💄

@Sunnysmom wow they weren't kidding when YSL said bold - that color just *pops* soooo pretty! I have a few on my wishlist I may need to pick up anyways.

Right @niki172 ?! Boom! 

@Sunnysmom I just added the YSL bold 21 to my cart. It’s perfect! Thank you for your swatches!

Thank you @bem564 and I bet you’ll love it! They’re all so good! 

All so pretty! @Sunnysmom 

Thanks @sister13 , they’re a good bunch! 💞

@Sunnysmom what do you think of the Saie? I got a chance to try one for free and I really like it. I picked Saie Lip Blur Soft-Matte Hydrating Lipstick with Hyaluronic Acid Modern which is the most "natural" on me and really like it. It wears evenly and leaves a nice stain. I was thinking of picking up a brighter shade in order to get that popsicle "stain" look. All your pics are gorgeous.

Oh wow @makeitup305 , lucky you, I wish! 🥰

Yes I really like them too. They really apply like a dream in only one swipe and I love the smooth even look. I was happy to see how nice it still looked after even a few hours and a mask on inbetween. I love the popsicle look too! These brights will both do that! 

Thanks for these swatches, @Sunnysmom ! 💖💖💖  I think the Saie and YSL I added to my Loves list are ones you swatched.  How surprising, right??? 🤭  I'll have to check out the SCs; those look nice.

Ooh @Titian06 I meant to tag you!! 🥰 Of course they are! I think the SC are sleeper hit of my lippies! 

@itsfi @Sunnysmom 

top is VB Pearl highlighter, middle is PMG nude duo without the balm

applied, bottom is PMG nude duo

balm with the balm applied on top. 

The colors are so similar. The only difference is that VB looks sheerer and glides on but you can get the exact same feel and look when applying the balm on top of the PMG nude

shade. 

A3163417-F2CB-46A8-96E8-E427DA053AE0.jpeg

CDD8DAFC-47A7-4215-8214-C691628BE700.jpeg

@SportyGirly125 ,

These are both so beautiful!  Thanks for the swatches!  Very helpful.

@tsavorite @Welcome 

thanks for the comparison @SportyGirly125 !

12 Replies
testing