Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

alright, here it is. use this thread to request swatches. the guidelines are up to you and your needs: single swatches, comparison swatches, specific skin tone swatches

when comparisons are requested, feel free to provide whatever you have of that request--i want anyone to participate and contribute if they want to. have fun, hope this is helpful !

Re: THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

Swatches if anyone is curious about the latest shade of Lisa Eldridge in Pink Moon and CT Quick and Easy Sets. This is CT Pretty Easy set and Sunkissed lip and cheek refill. Cheek is coral but leans pink when on and Sunkissed is a more nude medium pink tho may not totally look it on here. The case is cute and colors are very wearable. I find no sparkle or shimmer really in cheek only a soft glow. They melt into the skin nicely too. Smooth not sticky. Highlighter is so pretty.  I find I’m a little clumsy putting them back in though that’s just operator error lol. I do wish they came with a little better separate lid if not wanting to keep them in case but I wanted to see the products so tried them. The lid is fine, fits well and you can see it nicely too. 
Lisa E is same glowy formula as previous shades. Cool very subtle pink. Beauteous! 
@TraceyEB did you also try any? @blackkitty2014 @Ispend2much6 

A87FBE7A-6707-4431-A8E3-9617BEE98FFC.jpeg

FDE56E16-45C0-443F-8172-FB0096C39A91.jpeg

5D1F6FCE-309E-4AF9-874F-DC2AA11F20F9.jpeg

CT Pretty Fresh 

006E127A-E0C2-4218-AC01-A1CD0913B28F.jpeg

 Sunkissed 

0192B4C8-E809-47F4-8257-EC645C1DED37.jpeg

 Lisa E Pink Moon 

E534C547-7BFF-475F-A881-ED5011BC43C7.jpeg

@Sunnysmom The coral cheek blush looks beautiful and perfect for spring 💐

These are very nice and smooth @Guessgal! 🤗

Pink Moon is stunning, @Sunnysmom.

She’s a beaut beaut @CookieGirl1 . 

Thx you for the swatches. These are so lovely @Sunnysmom 🥰 👍

Just wanted you to see the Lisa E @blackkitty2014 . 😘

@SunnysmomThanks for the tag!  Good to hear about the CT set.  I love glow but not glitter.

I swatched LE's Crystal Nebula on my hand next to CT's Hollywood Filter, and I saw that Crystal Nebula had tiny bits of glitter showing, but Hollywood Filter didn't.  That has me guessing as to whether I would want the Pink Moon.  But it sure is pretty!

Glow is good @Ispend2much6 ! Hmm have to compare that too. I didn’t think LE was noticeable was it? Micro if so? I think CT is much slicker/ more shimmer tho so I have to use it so sparingly I feel like. I love them both so much! 

@Sunnysmom  The particles were definitely very small.  I just don't like the idea of them being visible in the sunlight.

I understand that too @Ispend2much6 , but I bet it still looks very pretty on you. 💞

Reposting Jones Road swatches for @tsavorite as requested. I bought the little original kit and some others when the line first launched last year and have added some in recent months. I’ll add my updated thoughts. I have always liked her, her aesthetic and attention to details for more mature skin too. @Loretta55 

The new WTF Moisture Tint ( not sure she had to do this name but whatever!) feels very soothing with a light coverage that can be built up but I would say it’s def for someone who is drier. It has separated a little and is a little messy in the pot I hate to say tho I really like it.  It feels / looks natural throughout the day and the color remains true so far. Guessed on shade Light as they seemed forgiving tho a little dark. I can definitely detect the scent. ( Reminds me of other BB face products in scent. ) 

The Face Oil Stick is ok in the winter but I never seem to use it.

Oh man I just realized I forgot the mascara in the pic and it’s really nice, one of my fav things I think. 🤦🏻‍♀️ Adding it separately with navy liner I also forgot about! The mascara is dark deep black, not thin, tho can get a little tricky or clumpy when layering it a few times like I like to do. It grew on me tho never seems to be in stock! 

The eyeliners are decent. Quite smooth and lasts best if I also layer it over shadow. I double double. No irritation from them. Onyx is just a bit more sparkley version of a lighter black. I maybe prefer VBB, Chanel or PM but I still use these a lot. The navy is a nice true dark blue with a little black to it which I love. 

I tried the cooler deeper eye shadow shades as the lighter ones seemed similar to those I had and these looked a little more unique. I wear Patina a ton, Smokey Grey is fun to work with and layer and The Best Color in the World is a fun inky grey black . A bit patchy. They seem to last best with a creme stick under them or a primer tho I usually use a creme stick. On their own not as much. 

The Just A Sec Linen creme eye pot was in the kit (along with the face oil, balm and pink gloss) or I wouldn’t have bought it. It’s bouncy, a little patchy and doesn’t really stay on nor show up much but it’s ok for a quick wash of color or maybe over another shade for a pop. 

The Miracle Balms are a nice soothing product , just not sure my favorite as they don’t really give much color and feel quite slick to me. In the winter they feel better obviously. The new Flushed shade gives the most color and I just pat them on if a low makeup day or as a last minute pat over it all. If you’re quite dry and love a balm like this I’m sure they feel terrific all year. 

The new pink Shimmer Oil in Pink Opal is very pretty, dries down decently and can be subtle or amped up, It does leave a nice sheen. Doesn’t emphasize lines much either so that’s a bonus. 😊 Probably similar to Rare Beauty, Lisa E, Valentino, JLo, Saie even a little tho Saie and Lisa E are more sheer I would say. 

I love and use the  blush/ lip sticks often. They are smooth and can be layered or on own and do last well throughout the day. Mine don’t settle in my pores tho I don’t really have large ones but I do have lines lol. I don’t use them as lips too often but if so it’s sometimes the plum. No shimmer except a healthy sheen on them. They do look like a perfect translucent shade with some opacity if that makes sense. Lol (Also, not quite like any of the BB stuff. Better I think. ) 

The Best Blush is truly that. One of my very favorites to wear. Gives perfect healthy pop of true pink with slight sheen and shimmer. Lasts well throughout the day and it’s just perfect if you love pink! 

The brushes are very nice quality and sized well. The shadow and blush brushes are soft and help apply products softly and quickly. 

Lastly, the glosses do remind me of BB both in minty and texture aspect. Very smooth, never sticky tho not long lasting which I suppose makes sense. I’m not a real gloss girl but wanted to try them as I love mint in any gloss. It’s a natural mint taste too. Yummy. Once the gloss wears off they still feel like you have something on your lips plus the mint lasts nicely too. Not overwhelming to me at all unless you’re not a mint fan. 

Hope this helps anybody curious about JR. All in all it’s a nice, clean, well-edited line in wearable shades. My favorites continue to be the Best Blush, Patina shadow, mascara, navy liner, cheek sticks and new WTF tint. ( Of course I’m always looking for a cool red somewhere in there in the future as the gloss is definitely a warmer fire engine orange red. 🙃💄) Love to hear anyone else’s thoughts or those who have gone into Credo or her shop! Lucky! Go Loretta go! 🥰 ( @itsfi I think maybe you have seen it in person as well no? Not sure 😊. )

4C3BD247-701C-4226-B889-BA1CDDBE5976.jpegForgot the mascara and navy liner :)Forgot the mascara and navy liner 🙂8E5C93D3-3EDB-4BFE-B5DE-0D7C35C3071F.jpegD141AF72-F606-4EFD-9667-70636095FF52.jpegA09D497B-3B53-427A-9585-A4FE29B45674.jpegNavy linerNavy liner

506C3CE4-A6D9-430C-BB55-069ADE3E202F.jpeg

Adding the new Lip Tints. They feel so smooth and can be built up. Not terribly long lasting from what I can tell so far but I think I probably lick my lips too much. lol. I detect no fragrance. Will be using them on cheeks too! Ruby is probably my fav so far. Black Cherry is a bit grey on me sadly but I can layer it. Nice nice. @Ispend2much6 @tsavorite @itsfi @Loretta55 @curlychiquita 

@WinglessOne did you receive yours too? 

C516BD03-2D04-47F3-B609-D3A9485A07F8.jpeg

E2B34D4D-0468-4566-B02E-3F01B6510800.jpeg

The look very nice, @Sunnysmom! There are so many beautiful lip products coming out.

Always eh @curlychiquita ?! UGH 🥰

Thanks for posting swatches, @Sunnysmom !  They're all pretty, especially Merot. 😍

I love that one too @Titian06 , meant to tag you!! 🥰 

@Sunnysmom, thanks for the tag and swatches. I have a couple of her skincare products and that'll probably be all I pick up from the brand for a while.

Yup @itsfi , not sure if you wanted to see them or if you had 😊. Do you like the skincare? I haven’t tried any of those. 

@Sunnysmom. Merlot is so pretty!!

It is @Ispend2much6 , think you’d like these! 

44 Replies
testing