Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

alright, here it is. use this thread to request swatches. the guidelines are up to you and your needs: single swatches, comparison swatches, specific skin tone swatches

when comparisons are requested, feel free to provide whatever you have of that request--i want anyone to participate and contribute if they want to. have fun, hope this is helpful !

Re: THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

So Marilyn

image.jpeg

I left Velvet Underground on the Color Challenge thread.

Do you want arm swatches too?

Spry, what is your Sephora IQ? Beth's is close to mine and she thinks you're close to hers.... I'm wondering if it wouldn't be a good idea to share our faves with each other?

When I'm "tan" in the summer 2R03 supposedly, but now 2Y01 supposedly. 

You two?

Hmmm, I get most of my hits in the 1y05-06 category.

I think the red in my face and the warm lighting I often have when picture taking throws things off. 

I'm 1R05. Have also gotten 3Y03, but the product recommendations for that one seem far too yellow.

I think you have a similar complexion to me so lips are great! Dang, this one was lower on my list of priorities but seeing it on you I'm reconsidering...

So, here's my "issue" with this color

Spoiler
image.jpeg

But! It still looks decent soo...

Spoiler
image.jpeg

Yup. Again, remind me. lol

Here is Jones Road Beauty in Boysenberry Cool Gloss and Dusty Rose Miracle Balm. Gloss is minty, pretty sheer on and not sticky. Balm is interesting. Def sticky at first then dries. I piled it on to swatch lol. Barely shows up on my skin however.  I tried alone and over my tinted moisturizer. Feels soothing and nice. Supposed to be worn alone, to bronze , highlight or tint the skin. Smells lots like BB balms. Gloss similar to BB also , fresh mint, just the cleanness factor and no makeup makeup to her new Jones Road line I suppose. @itsfi @Ispend2much6  @blackkitty2014 5977DAF4-5CC4-4195-BCAE-59E3E4BAC8E2.jpeg66C006D5-54CA-418A-8F6F-343D5F61D657.jpeg

Nice swatches @Sunnysmom ! Do you feel like the balm is something you’d use regularly? 

I’m just not sure @Kim888 . I will see how it works as is recommended. At first it was so greasy I thought no way but it really dried or absorbed so fast I was shocked. While I don’t want it wetter I feel like it needs more of something to make it make sense. Lol. Glow maybe. Not shimmer. It really flattens out on me and if I put it over blush etc it seems to take any of my colors or product away. Interesting. They must be using it very heavy handed in the pics. Maybe it should just be used on a super natural skin day over moisturizer? I’m too pale for that. Not sure on the mixing of shades either. Thoughts?! 

@Sunnysmom - The gloss is very pretty!  Thanks for swatching both items!

Thanks @Titian06 @blackkitty2014 , kind of messy but wanted to show it! 

The gloss is so pretty @Sunnysmom. Thx you for the swatches. 😍🌹

Ohhh @Sunnysmom, that boysenberry gloss is gorgeous! 😍 About the balm... is it one you'd either repurchase (if you were able to get through the container - it looks like there's a lot of product in that balm!) or purchase in another color? Thanks so much for the tag; really helpful to see your swatches.

I think I gasped when I saw how large it was @itsfi! lol. Not sure if pic shows how big it truly is!  I really debated this shade as I hoped it had the most color to it but so far I’m just not sure. I would like another color to mix it with I think? What one would it be if so? 🤔 

I need to research the other ones first I think. It truly hardly shows up on my skin! If you’re really pale right now it prob would more so on you? Gloss tastes yummy I will say that and feels so good too. It’s not this bright on at all. Very natural almost and sheer. 

It's huuuge, isn't it @Sunnysmom? lol! I watched a YT video where they showed the container up close and I just couldn't fathom how many times I'd have to reach for it to even use up half of it. Can't say she skimps on product, that's for sure. I saw online that she now has a couple of kits with "mini" versions of the balm. I might pick up one of those sets, though I'm also sorta holding out, hoping that she makes mini versions of these balms available for individual purchase. I wonder if the color of the balm would show up more if you used it as a topper, like either over blush? Or applied over a more pale color lipstick? 

Excellent idea @itsfi , I didn’t see many videos on it except first ones. Didn’t see sets, good idea! Except you need to kind of dig into them at first. Lol. I did put it over my blush today and all the color just went away 😖😂. Don’t know if mixing would just be greasier. I feel like using over lip may be pretty tho don’t think it’ll add any color. At least this color which I thought was going to be the most intense pinky nude but it isn’t. I’m too pale to use too light of a lip or I just look dead 😳. Try it and let us know. 🤣

@Sunnysmom, I will definitely let you know if I end up getting one of the kits with the mini balms. Having just one face is really making it challenging to try everything!!! 😂 

Haha @itsfi can you imagine the trouble you’d get into if you did?! 😳😂

13 Replies
testing