Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

alright, here it is. use this thread to request swatches. the guidelines are up to you and your needs: single swatches, comparison swatches, specific skin tone swatches

when comparisons are requested, feel free to provide whatever you have of that request--i want anyone to participate and contribute if they want to. have fun, hope this is helpful !

Re: THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

Oh nice @Anastasiya13 glad you are they are very soft and wearable. I forgot I had a liquid blush too! 🤦🏻‍♀️ You’ll like it. 

That color is so pretty @Sunnysmom! 😍 And that packaging!!!! ♥️ How adorable! Love the pics and swatch. I’m slowly building up my collection of Rare Beauty products; I feel like blush will be the next thing from her line that I pick up. 🛍 

“So creamy” @itsfi ! ( old movie line lol) Me too. Dipping toes in. Think you’d love it! 🥰

@Sunnysmom, would that line happen to be “These mashed potatoes are so creamy”? From While You Were Sleeping? 😂 

You know it is @itsfi ! 😘😂 Think I know every line. 😳🤦🏻‍♀️

@Sunnysmom - Pretty color and it looks lovely on you!  Thanks for the swatch!  💖💖💖

Aww thanks @Titian06 ! 🤗

More unsolicited swatches 😜. I got the royal and tuxedo Victoria Beckham palettes and the Eye lustres in onyx and blonde. My swatches don’t do them justice. They are all so stunning. I love the commitment to sustainability in addition to being cruelty free and love the slim profile on the palettes.  

The cream color is shimmery and more of a neutral tone where the rest are slightly cooler. I think they’d be wearable on a range of skin tones. 

A6C1573B-C555-4A15-957B-9F7791F7621A.jpeg011C80D8-9FAD-4D2F-9ECC-98EE5CA99658.jpeg

The Lid Lustres! I had high expectations but was blown away! I was expecting a cream shadow and while they are creamy they are closer to the old Armani Eyes to Kill shadow pots than a Tom Ford cream shadow. I don’t know about wear time because I just received and swatched them but they are some of the most beautiful of this type of product that I have seen. Very elegant and refined. @meganlisa check out blonde!

8A17CA26-DA1C-4A4C-AE79-9F57BE4EC367.jpegE96650B9-0803-49FB-BB66-2C8982A1CA39.jpegA4FCA7DE-1E1D-4D2D-87B0-832226A4070D.jpeg

@lipstick4soul @Sunnysmom I might have to get blonde.  These swatches are stunning.  Really lovely products.  I have not yet bitten but will be heading to that site now.

I must add, the CDP photos below still steal the show.  I have resisted the price tag up until now but that lipstick!  The packaging!  Gorgeous!!!

@meganlisa Me too. I really want Onyx. I ordered the black liner and had it 2 days later. Amazing shipping. I like the liners a lot and bet these pots would be sooo pretty over it all. Pulling trigger very slowly after those mess of ones by ELVB. Glad she was able to redeem in a do over!! The CDP are really very good. You would love! 

Did you order Onyx @Sunnysmom ? I wore it as a liner and worked ok. Definitely applies better tapped on with a finger rather than a brush. I wore Blonde on the lid over a bit of the cream shade from the tuxedo palette and no primer and 12+ hours with no creasing. A bit of fallout by the end of the day but not terrible 👍👍 I went back for the bronze pencil and the mink lid luster and also the red CdP you swatched. 😬 

Nope @lipstick4soul not yet. Such discipline right. 🤣 Was going to wait thinking maybe she’s going to release something else asap so free ship but then I got a free ship yesterday anyway. Let’s see how I can hold out. I got the black liner and love it. Smudges but also holds well. Smooth. You’ll love bronze I think! Let us know. 

Your review on them is very enticing. Blonde sounds great too. I probably have to go for it and at least get Onyx. And now I would love the CdP you got. Lol. I am hopeless. 🤦🏻‍♀️

The CdP is beautiful and I’m not sorry I got it @meganlisa but I’d try something from the new VB line over that if I had to choose. 

@lipstick4soul @Sunnysmom Interesting commentary.  So VB over CDP?  Hm.  Watch me do both...

No I don’t think you can choose one child over the other @meganlisa . Lol. Apples to oranges. It’s a both vote from my end for you! You will love the VB and the creamy but lasting goodness from CDP. VB lips must be coming soon I’m guessing from the pics. 

How beautiful thanks for your great swatches and thoughts on them @lipstick4soul ! I think I may have to go for Onyx. Can’t resist. Let me know how it wears etc first maybe? 😘 @meganlisa did you pick some up also or nope?!

I’ll be wearing tomorrow! 

Forgot to mention that @Sunnysmom  previously swatched tuxedo so didn’t take pictures of that. 

My local Sephora had the new Givenchy lip velvets and Night Noir out! They’re very smooth, comfy and the shimmer on Night Noir is so subtle. Perfect for those of us who don’t want much and so nice as a topper over any others. They were missing one of mattes unfortunately but I swatched all quickly as I could. They are in order of number. Cases are gorgeous too! You may like them @TraceyEB @Ispend2much6 @blackkitty2014.

30EC1DE4-7759-4915-BB69-3E02CE34D493.jpeg

Night NoirNight Noir

MattesMattes

@Sunnysmom,

That nude shade is calling my name! Thank you for swatching:)

❤️ Melissa

Oh fun @melissabt!  They are all so pretty. So happy Sephora got em so quickly! 🥰

1 Reply
testing