Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

alright, here it is. use this thread to request swatches. the guidelines are up to you and your needs: single swatches, comparison swatches, specific skin tone swatches

when comparisons are requested, feel free to provide whatever you have of that request--i want anyone to participate and contribute if they want to. have fun, hope this is helpful !

Re: THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

looking at it closely, is this pretty clise to ND mini sunset, doesn't it @SportyGirly125 

@naturalooks15 I don’t own the mini Sunset to compare. I do own the regular size Sunset palette when it came out. 

Those shades definitely suit you @SportyGirly125 and are pretty.  Thank you for sharing 🥰

@2manyperfumes thank you 

@SportyGirly125 I love this palette! So pretty!

Best,
Rebecca

RE: Re: THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

I was wondering about this palette! Thank you @SportyGirly125
Anonymous Insider

THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

All of my foundations swatched on my arm. What do you think about shade match? worst & best one? I will Swatch the top picks on my face in a blended & unblended pic. also, would love to see yours......!

RE: THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

Tom Ford & Giorgio Armani are definitely the best! Can't really decide on which is the worst match though
Anonymous Insider

I'll post some face pics soon if the common favorites!! T...

I'll post some face pics soon if the common favorites!! Thanks for the replies.

TF, GA and CT I think are the best. The hourglass just ab...

TF, GA and CT I think are the best. The hourglass just above the charlotte doesnt look to bad either though it looks more pink so would be interested in the face swatch next to the others. It would also be interesting if you swatched the one you find looks best on your face, if it isnt in the ones we picked out.

@Anonymous Armani is definitely the best- you can barely see where the swatch ends and your skin starts, and it's not even blended in the first picture.

But, does it have the same effect when you apply it to your face?  Our arms and faces are sometimes different shades, due to sun exposure (I have a "driving" arm, hand, and side of my face that gets more sun than the other. And the skincare I use on my face affects its appearance also.

I'm so glad you posted a swatch of the Armani;  I was curious about it.

The Georgio Armani and the Tom Ford foundation stick are really your colors, @Anonymous!

The GA cushion seems to just disappear into your skin. That would be my choice for closest match @Anonymous  The TF stick is right up there too. 

As for the worst I’d say the ND 20. The undertone is all wrong for you IMHO

Anonymous Insider

I totally agree! ND20 is definitely off and I didn't real...

I totally agree! ND20 is definitely off and I didn't realize untill a week into wearing it 😂 that is why I have ND10. The Guerlain L'esstional 100C seems to be way off when I wear it on my face, it almost makes a red/pink mask. Thanks for your opinion!!! 🥰

For anyone interested in Rouje lipsticks- here are a few of them. Very pretty, a bit matte but feel good, lasting with  good pigment also. 

Top to bottom- 

Jeanne, Lamia, Camille, Sophie, Laura

54513C54-C71F-4E8F-9C2F-70B8FF91BE55.jpeg

7351DF5A-7B88-462C-B156-0FE0783EFC21.jpeg

@Sunnysmom   I never heard of this brand!  Look at Laurnia and Laura- so pretty!

Good colors @Ispend2much6 . Lamia is more neutral ,red with browns to it - beautiful. Laura is vibrant. Much more matte but probably a little more satin matte vs too dry. Some of the shades are more matte than others. 

4BDA6AC4-6982-41AF-B7AD-ABC2A89DBD34.jpeg

CD2F7BF4-8672-482F-B653-913C959266FA.jpeg

@Sunnysmom What cute packaging! The bag is such a fun idea! Thanks for sharing.

Best,
Rebecca 

@RebeccaBT  It was a fun surprise GWP! They are very cute too but product is good. I’ve loved her lips forever! 

@Sunnysmom Good to know! I will have to give them a try!

4 Replies
testing