Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

alright, here it is. use this thread to request swatches. the guidelines are up to you and your needs: single swatches, comparison swatches, specific skin tone swatches

when comparisons are requested, feel free to provide whatever you have of that request--i want anyone to participate and contribute if they want to. have fun, hope this is helpful !

Re: THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

@Aaliaa thanks anyways. My interest was in the bright colors as well & your irl swatch and videos ive watched all have the brights as a disappointment so I'll stick to pat McGrath for the blue & green 🙂

Also not requested but I couldnt find the active Marc Jacobs thread so I'm posting here:

In order from left to right (assuming it will show up properly for everyone):

Kate lipstick, Work It! gloss, Call Me! gloss, Cherry Moon gloss, Sugar Sugar gloss and then Forbidden Fruit gloss.

I love it all, and if any of you want lip swatches let me know because I took those too, just didnt post because it's too many photos.  The only thing I'm kinda bummed about is that Work It! is really dark... I found a swatch online that wasn't as dark looking at all.  Oh well.

mjstuff.jpg

@sabrinas I'm surprised to see that Forbidden Fruit is so light and peachy! On the MJ website it looks like a bright tangerine orange. I wouldn't have bought it based on the website description, but this swatch is gorgeous!  

Spoiler

Wow Kate is much deeper than I was expecting.  I'd be all over this for fall but right now it's just not pulling me in.  

Thanks for sharing the swatches. I love the MJ glosses!  

May I please see Kate on you @sabrinas? What looks great on you looks good on me 😄

Thank you!

Sure thing 😄 Here you go! Taken in natural daylight, however it's cloudy and gross outside so photo is more cool than usual. @niki172

katelip.jpg

There isn't a shade of lipstick that doesn't suit you! You look lovely. 

Ooohhh so pretty! In your expert opinion - is this a must have? Thank you very much @sabrinas

YES! Get it.  It's honestly better than I expected.  Very rich and beautiful.  It's a deep rose/berry/mauve.  Its beautifulllll 😄 @niki172

Just push me over the edge there @sabrinas 😄 😄 😄

It also helps that today is the last day to get 20% off on the MJ website 😉 😛

I am somewhat painfully aware of that lol.

Obviously not that painful as I just placed my order :P. 3 orders today from 3 different places I think my credit card needs a break (until tomorrow) :).

Leaving this here too, since my sale order was just dropped off.  Happy with my choices 🙂

i0804166mage.jpeg

Both are gorgeous! I really don't need more blushes lol

Dahlia looks gorgeous... I already own Nightingale and love it...I wonder how close in color they are?

I don't have nightingale but I swatched it in store the other day.

aside from the shimmer aspect, nightingale was more red and dahlia more pink burgundy.

thank you 😄

I never wear bright blushes. I believe it will not look good on me but Dahlia looks so pretty, you are making me want to get it 🤔

I just purchased Dahlia, and now I'm excited! Unfortunately Foxglove was OOS and I was eyeing that one too.

Omgg Dahlia. Wow. May have to get that. And I may have to get it now, since I probably won't be wearing dark blushes once it gets much warmer. Hmmmm.

@Mochapj, agree with @MK89's suggestion - you have lots of blog fodder with all of the fragrance reviews and swatching 😛

testing