Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

THE SUQQU THREAD | NEWS & DISCUSSION

I’m a huge Suqqu (and several other Japanese beauty brands) fan. I’m not sure how many other enthusiasts we have on BIC but I thought it’d be nice to have a dedicated space.

Suqqu is primarily sold in the Asian market but a small portion of their inventory seems to make it to the UK as well.

Current release (SS19)

SUMMER 2019 GLOBAL - LADYISH NEON: 

Spoiler

SUMMER 2019 UK:

Spoiler

514627E5-D29E-4069-A88A-B9C957BEE335.png199BDBD9-C176-4EDE-9B3A-23EAB647F033.png81CCD0DE-7D10-4BEC-A5E3-0DDE9409FA7C.png

Swatches of permanent range items:

Spoiler
Designing Color Eyes 1-
8A06053E-B539-4F8B-BD59-DB2FB5DB919E.jpeg

Designing Color Eyes 1-9Designing Color Eyes 1-9

Pure Color Blush 1-958BFDE9A-E33E-441D-AD52-5D9C8FD11ECF.jpeg

3DFB44CA-0C19-4C69-872B-C86860914AEA.jpeg

Gel Eyeliner Pencil 2-5 / Eyeliner Creamy 1-4
F286284B-E57F-4AB4-9580-2D757BADC7EF.jpeg

I mostly decided to maintain this thread because I know how incredibly challenging it's been for me to find information and swatches of upcoming releases without speaking the language. I'm sure there are probably others out there who have this issue too, so hopefully this thread will be helpful to someone.

Please feel free to ask questions and share any upcoming news you might find.

Re: THE SUQQU THREAD | NEWS & DISCUSSION

@TraceyEB Ugh, what a nightmare! At least you got two pallets out of it, but that sounds so frustrating 😡

Thanks, @MissPuff. I'm really going to enjoy the palettes that I got. I see the 3 eyeshadow palettes have been restocked. I'm keeping an eye on the blushes in case they restock.

Anonymous Insider

I just picked up the Moon (Gekkouka) palette!!! Couldn't pass up those gorgeous silvers paired with the matte black. 

Please post swatches when it arrives. I was considering that palette but decided to go with 122 Hanaryuusei and 123 Hikariori. I wanted the light blush but it sold by the time I purchased the palettes.

SUQQU SS19 Sneek Peek!

those cheeks ❤️

so gorgeous

They are, aren't they!?! 👀🖌️

They are, aren't they!?! 👀🖌

Suqqu Holiday 2018 UK Exclusive featuring Designer Color Eyes in 123 and Pure Colour Blush 111.

RE: THE SUQQU THREAD | NEWS & DISCUSSION

The UK holiday collection, coming out 10/4

What do you have your eye on, @Mochapj? Wonder if we migh...

What do you have your eye on, @Mochapj? Wonder if we might get swatches. I'm thinking about 121 The Cosmos Dust, 123 The Moon, and Blush 111 (orange/beige).

Re: What do you have your eye on, @Mochapj? Wonder if we migh...

I haven’t seen any yet @TraceyEB but I’ll be sure to share them when I do. I saw pixiwoo got a pr packet yesterday so i expect we’ll see some soon

i preordered all the quads (because orange) and both blushes because I love their blush formula.

Re: What do you have your eye on, @Mochapj? Wonder if we migh...

Good to know about Pixiwoo receiving PR. I toyed with pre-ordering this collection!

Has anybody purchased any  SUQQU 15th Anniversary items?  They are supposed to go live in the UK, but I can never figure out what time they launch online.  I know it isn't 0000 GMT because I've tried.  Is it worth trying to stalk Selfridges?

@SilverBeet I decided to skip them because I didn't think I'd get much use out of either monochromatic palette.

I noticed Selfridges was much better with stock during the most recent release, so it should hopefully not be too crazy for you.

Product seems to go live some time between 3-5AM UK time (10pm-12am EST). It's never the same from release to release, so I assume that's just when their website runs the batch process to load new items.

@Mochapj - Thanks for the info.  I was skeptical, but I saw a Japanese YouTuber's GRM (I think) videos (she used the palettes in separate videos) and I think that I can make the orange palette work.  If they sell out, I'm not going to pursue it on ebay because like you said, they are not diverse.  I'm a sucker for a warm palette.

Hankyu Umeda exclusive 6th anniversary shades of Glow Touch Eyes:

Screen Shot 2018-09-19 at 4.52.37 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-09-19 at 4.52.32 PM.png

UK Christmas collection

Re: RE: THE SUQQU THREAD | NEWS & DISCUSSION

I was so surprised to see another Holiday collection, @Mochapj!

@TraceyEB I knew one was coming because the UK typically gets an exclusive holiday and an exclusive summer collection but this is a little bigger than I was expecting!

Interesting info on the UK exclusive releases @Mochapj. I'm fairly new to this brand and its launch schedule. Am glad there are multiple eyeshadow palettes in this release so there's a chance to get one. Getting one of the summer UK exclusive quads was crazy. Looking forward to seeing swatches for this collection.

And the pink 15th anniversary palette

209 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos221
  • Designing Color Eyes 1-9
  • 3DFB44CA-0C19-4C69-872B-C86860914AEA.jpeg
  • F286284B-E57F-4AB4-9580-2D757BADC7EF.jpeg
  • 03952BB4-288C-4E6B-A9AA-2D989BEC5A60.jpeg
  • 光輝月 - Koukizuki (liquid shadow 02)
  • 銀空 - Ginzora (liquid shadow 01)
  • 夕茜 - Yuuakane (quad 10)