Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

THE SUQQU THREAD | NEWS & DISCUSSION

I’m a huge Suqqu (and several other Japanese beauty brands) fan. I’m not sure how many other enthusiasts we have on BIC but I thought it’d be nice to have a dedicated space.

Suqqu is primarily sold in the Asian market but a small portion of their inventory seems to make it to the UK as well.

Current release (SS19)

SUMMER 2019 GLOBAL - LADYISH NEON: 

Spoiler

SUMMER 2019 UK:

Spoiler

514627E5-D29E-4069-A88A-B9C957BEE335.png199BDBD9-C176-4EDE-9B3A-23EAB647F033.png81CCD0DE-7D10-4BEC-A5E3-0DDE9409FA7C.png

Swatches of permanent range items:

Spoiler
Designing Color Eyes 1-
8A06053E-B539-4F8B-BD59-DB2FB5DB919E.jpeg

Designing Color Eyes 1-9Designing Color Eyes 1-9

Pure Color Blush 1-958BFDE9A-E33E-441D-AD52-5D9C8FD11ECF.jpeg

3DFB44CA-0C19-4C69-872B-C86860914AEA.jpeg

Gel Eyeliner Pencil 2-5 / Eyeliner Creamy 1-4
F286284B-E57F-4AB4-9580-2D757BADC7EF.jpeg

I mostly decided to maintain this thread because I know how incredibly challenging it's been for me to find information and swatches of upcoming releases without speaking the language. I'm sure there are probably others out there who have this issue too, so hopefully this thread will be helpful to someone.

Please feel free to ask questions and share any upcoming news you might find.

RE: THE SUQQU THREAD | NEWS & DISCUSSION

Spring 19 collection - 2 quads, 3 glow touch eyes, 5 liquid blushes, 5 lip lacquers, 3 polishes, 6 eyeliners and radiant setting powder

Received this just as I was heading out of town. It's absolutely stunning and larger than I thought. (I had to dip my fingers into the palette just to try it over what I was wearing.) The compact has the same kaleidoscope pattern as the outer packaging.

Re: THE SUQQU THREAD | NEWS & DISCUSSION

The colors look beautiful, @TraceyEB!

Closer look at Suqqu new brushes

@Mochapj, do you have any experience with Suqqu's eye bru...

@Mochapj, do you have any experience with Suqqu's eye brushes? I understand the set will be part of the regular line.

Re: @Mochapj, do you have any experience with Suqqu's eye bru...

@TraceyEB yes, I do. I’m going to tag you on something on IG for more details

but also to short answer, these brushes are permanent and will be sold individually as of 11/29. The 3 eye brushes are made of dyed goat hair. To date Suqqu eyeshadow brushes have only been made of squirrel hair so I’m not sure what the quality of these will be comparable to.

it’s said that Suqqu brushes are manufactured by Chikuhodo and Kyureido so I don’t doubt they’ll be well made, I’m just not sure how soft they will be. I am very curious about the short stubby angled one, though.

Suqqu UK Holiday gift set

@Mochapj, is the blush formula in this set the one that y...

@Mochapj, is the blush formula in this set the one that you *don't* prefer?

Re: @Mochapj, is the blush formula in this set the one that y...

@TraceyEB yes, it is. It is the same gelee formula as was released with the Summer collection. Also I’ve seen some comparison swatches and this colour is nearly identical to the pink blush that was in the summer release.

This blush 110 had been released in Japan back in September as part of an exclusive dept store ofreeing along with those 2 glow touch eye shades 102 and 103. I picked up the GTE but passed on the blush due to my dislike of the formula.

The Holiday Collection is live at Selfridges. I found it under Beauty and "Our Exclusives" on left hand side of the page. I bought the eyeshadow palette. Was interested in the red gloss but it had already sold out.

Swatches for the Holiday eyeshaow palette.

C is such a beautiful color, @TraceyEB. It almost looks like an opal.

That shade looks very special, @eshoe! I really like the colours in this palette. How do you like your two blushes from the previous collection?

Oh, I dont own anything (yet) form the Suqqu line, @TraceyEB. I stumbled in the thread looking at brushes and subbed as the makeup collections are so beautiful to look at. I hope they become available in the US at some point, as the shipping is a prohibitive factor!

It arrived today Pure Color Blush 111. It's gorgeous!! 💕 That sheen!! 😍

Gorgeushade on you, @TraceyEB! Looks very beautiful and natural.

Thank you, @eshoe!

UPDATE: Sold out again.

Selfridges has restocked the Pure Color Blush 111 from the UK Exclusive Holiday Collection.

@TraceyEB Looks like it's out of stock again at Selfridges, but both blushes ARE up on the Harrod's site. That shipping charge HURT, but THE BLUSHES ARE MINE!!!! 

Awesome, @MissPuff! So glad you were able to get them! It's too bad Harrod's doesn't have an International Delivery Subscription like Selfridges, but the blushes look well worth it! Do you know what courier Harrod's uses for international deliveries?

@TraceyEB Just got my shipping notification, looks like DHL out of the UK, sometimes DHL then forwards to a second carrier once stateside, I'll let you know when it's safely in my hands 🙂 

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos221
  • Designing Color Eyes 1-9
  • 3DFB44CA-0C19-4C69-872B-C86860914AEA.jpeg
  • F286284B-E57F-4AB4-9580-2D757BADC7EF.jpeg
  • 03952BB4-288C-4E6B-A9AA-2D989BEC5A60.jpeg
  • 光輝月 - Koukizuki (liquid shadow 02)
  • 銀空 - Ginzora (liquid shadow 01)
  • 夕茜 - Yuuakane (quad 10)
  • 澄透花 - Choutouka (lip 108)
  • 8A06053E-B539-4F8B-BD59-DB2FB5DB919E.jpeg