Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

THE SUQQU THREAD | NEWS & DISCUSSION

I’m a huge Suqqu (and several other Japanese beauty brands) fan. I’m not sure how many other enthusiasts we have on BIC but I thought it’d be nice to have a dedicated space.

Suqqu is primarily sold in the Asian market but a small portion of their inventory seems to make it to the UK as well.

Current release (SS19)

SUMMER 2019 GLOBAL - LADYISH NEON: 

Spoiler

SUMMER 2019 UK:

Spoiler

514627E5-D29E-4069-A88A-B9C957BEE335.png199BDBD9-C176-4EDE-9B3A-23EAB647F033.png81CCD0DE-7D10-4BEC-A5E3-0DDE9409FA7C.png

Swatches of permanent range items:

Spoiler
Designing Color Eyes 1-
8A06053E-B539-4F8B-BD59-DB2FB5DB919E.jpeg

Designing Color Eyes 1-9Designing Color Eyes 1-9

Pure Color Blush 1-958BFDE9A-E33E-441D-AD52-5D9C8FD11ECF.jpeg

3DFB44CA-0C19-4C69-872B-C86860914AEA.jpeg

Gel Eyeliner Pencil 2-5 / Eyeliner Creamy 1-4
F286284B-E57F-4AB4-9580-2D757BADC7EF.jpeg

I mostly decided to maintain this thread because I know how incredibly challenging it's been for me to find information and swatches of upcoming releases without speaking the language. I'm sure there are probably others out there who have this issue too, so hopefully this thread will be helpful to someone.

Please feel free to ask questions and share any upcoming news you might find.

Re: THE SUQQU THREAD | NEWS & DISCUSSION

Thanks, @MissPuff! Keep me posted. Selfridges ships direct to customer and almost overnight. My blush 111 arrived this morning. Will post a photo soon. The sheen is magnificent. Update: photo posted above.

RE: THE SUQQU THREAD | NEWS & DISCUSSION

Glow Touch Eyes 102, 103

Re: RE: THE SUQQU THREAD | NEWS & DISCUSSION

Oh my, @Mochapj, those shades are gorgeous, and would be especially beautiful in Spring.

Swatches of Designing Color Eyes 123 Hikariori and 122 Hanaryuusai on lighter skin. I let out an audible gasp when I saw these shadows. The colour scheme, the silky texture, and the pigmented application are quickly making Suqqu eyeshadow palettes among my favourites. The bronze in 123 alone made me swoon. : UPDATED la ook for each palette in the spoiler below.

123 HIKARIORI123 HIKARIORI

122 Hanaryuusei122 Hanaryuusei

Spoiler
Wearing 123 Hikariori, using the bronze shade all over, the coral shade in the center of the lid and diffused to the outer corners, blue to line the eyes, and gold smudged just above it.Wearing 123 Hikariori, using the bronze shade all over, the coral shade in the center of the lid and diffused to the outer corners, blue to line the eyes, and gold smudged just above it.A smokey inspired take on 122 Hanaryuusei.A smokey inspired take on 122 Hanaryuusei.

123 looks beautiful on you Tracey! Are you pleased with the palette overall now having worn it?

Hi @Mochapj, I added a second 'look' in the spoiler, this one for the 122 palette. (Bear with me, I'm terrible at taking selfies.). The bright orange (top left) is wonderfully wearable!! Next, I'd like to try one of the posted looks for this palette.

@TraceyEB I agree, the orange does look extremely wearable on you! Glad you’re enjoying these palettes!!

Thanks, @Mochapj and thanks for introducing me to this brand!

Thanks, @Mochapj. I'm enamoured with the 123 palette. Can't wait to play around with it some more. The pictures don't reveal how beautiful the non-bronze shades looked. When I applied the coral over the bronze, I had a little laugh, it leaned orange!! 🙂

A few quick comparisons to previous quads. I couldn’t really find anything quite comparable to 123, but the others definitely have noticeable similarities. 

B9639260-97F9-4CE8-B7B9-0E2E0133B4E1.jpeg

A646206B-2EA7-4D85-B734-A80215DFCCB4.jpeg

4DAFF06E-2F89-4341-A44B-884CE5D32479.jpeg

30EF3C81-B377-45FD-A56E-C7345E93056D.jpeg

881856C0-F044-41EB-A018-D2266F8ED556.jpeg

EEE28AA2-4533-46A2-9250-4DCC7CBD0029.jpeg

Hi @Mochapj, what a tremendous wealth of information in your posts about this collection and relative comparisons. I was struck by how common the orange and peachy pink shades are in the various releases. I was looking at your previous post on Suqqu blushes in the regular line, hoping for a dupe or two but none are as pigmented, as was noted by another commenter. I'm really curious to see what looks come from the121 'Moon" palette. Would be interested in your assessment of the glittery shadows in particular. ( I noticed some loose pans in the 2 palettes I received.  Though none were coming out, I'm reminded to store these palettes flat.)

@TraceyEB I was a little surprised by how much similarity there was once I pulled them all out to compare. I think Suqqu tends to have a certain range of oranges (in particular) they stick to that their primary market finds attractive and it seems like they don’t veer far from that.

the glitter shades seemed to be of similar texture and quality as was released in the most recent permanent palettes (10 & 11?). Pigmented enough that they *could* be worn alone but seems to be intended as a topcoat, IMO.

I have also noticed my palettes from the last few releases are not as securely pressed down as they used to be. I don’t mind because i depot them anyway but I can see how it would be annoying for those that don’t.

Interesting insight, @Mochapj, on Suqqu's orange shade range philosophy; I'm going to keep an eye on that as I find it tricky to wear oranges with a red undertone.  Appreciate your comments on the glittery shades in 121; looking forward to seeing this palette in use. Yes, depotting the Suqqu palettes might be a good idea!

RE: THE SUQQU THREAD | NEWS & DISCUSSION

Some swatches of the interstellar collection - I thought the blushes looked sort of familiar when I opened them up; they bear striking resemblance to old LE blushes EX01 and 101. Blush 112 actually seems to just be a larger version of the gradient pan in eyeshadow quad 116 from this summer's UK release 🙂

Blushes:

Blush 111 Yuuboshi, 112 Akeboshi (in compact) shown below with EX01 and 101 Kasaneyamabuki and gradient pan from 116 Shakuyousa Designing Color EyesBlush 111 Yuuboshi, 112 Akeboshi (in compact) shown below with EX01 and 101 Kasaneyamabuki and gradient pan from 116 Shakuyousa Designing Color EyesLeft, Right, Mixed of 111 and 112Left, Right, Mixed of 111 and 112Comparisons of 111 to EX01, 112 to 101 and 116 eyeshadowComparisons of 111 to EX01, 112 to 101 and 116 eyeshadow

121 Gekkouka, 122 Hanaryuusai, 123 Hikariori121 Gekkouka, 122 Hanaryuusai, 123 Hikariori

121 Gekkouka121 Gekkouka

122 Hanaryuusai122 Hanaryuusai

123 Hikariori123 Hikariori

Re: RE: THE SUQQU THREAD | NEWS & DISCUSSION

@Mochapj Ooooh, great swatches! I was hoping 112 would be similar to 03, but the two blushes look much more pigmented than previous blushers. 

Looks using the SUQQU UK Exclusive Holiday Collection

Ahh, I missed this is morning/midnight! Blushes are gone 😞 Going to have to set an alarm for when it launches at Harrods...

The online shopping experience was awful, @MissPuff. Selfridges' systems could not handle the demand and it took forever to checkout. One item in my cart was OOS but I didn't know it, so it would process and then stop and repeat. I ended up buying 2 eyeshadow palettes (123 & 122) in separate transactions 1.5 hours after they launched. My takeaway for UK Exclusives is to pre-order.

@TraceyEB @MissPuff the online experience was particularly bad this holiday.

did preorder but although they called me last week to take my CC information, I never got a confirmation email that my order had been processed so I ended up trying to order online last night. I didn't get on the site until around 1am and like Tracey, I had all my items in my cart but it took so long to check out that they started selling out. It wouldn't refresh properly to tell me that was why I couldn't continue the checkout so it took me nearly an hour to process. 

I ended up ordering the full boxed set because I wanted everything except the lip pencils.  Of course when I contacted their CS this morning to find out the status of my pre-order, I was told it would be processed in a few days. In previous years the pre-orders were processed before the launch date. I managed to get them to cancel the preorder, so at least I'm now only getting the boxed set, but what a hassle.

Wow, @Mochapj that's ridiculous! I'm glad you ended up getting what you wanted but what a hassle! The eyeshadow palettes did come back in stock so I nabbed the one I wanted but still crying salty tears over the missed blushes.

Oh my heavens, @Mochapj, I can't believe your experience. I presumed you secured your order by a concierge vs. Selfridges pre-order. How disconcerting to not know if your pre-order was processed for a high demand collection. Good grief. I'm glad you secured the pieces you wanted even though you weren't after the lip pencils.

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos221
  • Designing Color Eyes 1-9
  • 3DFB44CA-0C19-4C69-872B-C86860914AEA.jpeg
  • F286284B-E57F-4AB4-9580-2D757BADC7EF.jpeg
  • 03952BB4-288C-4E6B-A9AA-2D989BEC5A60.jpeg
  • 光輝月 - Koukizuki (liquid shadow 02)
  • 銀空 - Ginzora (liquid shadow 01)
  • 夕茜 - Yuuakane (quad 10)
  • 澄透花 - Choutouka (lip 108)
  • 8A06053E-B539-4F8B-BD59-DB2FB5DB919E.jpeg