Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

THE SUQQU THREAD | NEWS & DISCUSSION

I’m a huge Suqqu (and several other Japanese beauty brands) fan. I’m not sure how many other enthusiasts we have on BIC but I thought it’d be nice to have a dedicated space.

Suqqu is primarily sold in the Asian market but a small portion of their inventory seems to make it to the UK as well.

Current release (SS19)

SUMMER 2019 GLOBAL - LADYISH NEON: 

Spoiler

SUMMER 2019 UK:

Spoiler

514627E5-D29E-4069-A88A-B9C957BEE335.png199BDBD9-C176-4EDE-9B3A-23EAB647F033.png81CCD0DE-7D10-4BEC-A5E3-0DDE9409FA7C.png

Swatches of permanent range items:

Spoiler
Designing Color Eyes 1-
8A06053E-B539-4F8B-BD59-DB2FB5DB919E.jpeg

Designing Color Eyes 1-9Designing Color Eyes 1-9

Pure Color Blush 1-958BFDE9A-E33E-441D-AD52-5D9C8FD11ECF.jpeg

3DFB44CA-0C19-4C69-872B-C86860914AEA.jpeg

Gel Eyeliner Pencil 2-5 / Eyeliner Creamy 1-4
F286284B-E57F-4AB4-9580-2D757BADC7EF.jpeg

I mostly decided to maintain this thread because I know how incredibly challenging it's been for me to find information and swatches of upcoming releases without speaking the language. I'm sure there are probably others out there who have this issue too, so hopefully this thread will be helpful to someone.

Please feel free to ask questions and share any upcoming news you might find.

RE: THE SUQQU THREAD | NEWS & DISCUSSION

@SilverBeet I tried out 101 Teriaka for a few hours yesterday, over primer. I always use primer because of my hooded lids and found this to wear well. It didn’t crease or transfer and dried down. I think the reason the bloggers apply and use a finger is because the product has a viscosity similar to nail polish; applying it with the doefoot alone (IMO) would be much too thick. I applied a dot to each lid and then blended it out to the below using a brush. I think you could probably layer it for further opacity but I haven’t tried that yet. I ended up ordering the khaki one over the weekend and will do a full look and wear trial using both shades tomorrow once the green one has arrived.

Re: RE: THE SUQQU THREAD | NEWS & DISCUSSION

@Mochapj - That looks gorgeous on you!  Thanks for the detailed assessment of this product.  I think that I will order a couple of them since it looks so nice on you.  With hooded eyelids, I'm always apprehensive about any liquid eyeshadow and eyeliner.  Thank you for your input! 

RE: Re: RE: THE SUQQU THREAD | NEWS & DISCUSSION

Thank you @SilverBeet ! With hooded lids I’m always hesitant and skeptical of new products as well but this was a pleasant surprise. It works much better for me than their Deep Nuance Eyes creamy pots did.

Re: RE: Re: RE: THE SUQQU THREAD | NEWS & DISCUSSION

@Mochapj - The Deep Nuance Eyes were a big miss for me.  I purchased 2 of them based on swatches and they ended up being glitter bombs on my eyes, which is why I passed on the Glow Touch Eyes.  If I travel to Japan or Thailand, I want to try some of the foundation & skin care in person.

Re: RE: Re: RE: THE SUQQU THREAD | NEWS & DISCUSSION

@SilverBeet I didn't mind the glitter aspect of the DNE too much but I couldn't deal with the super greasy texture.

Re: THE SUQQU THREAD | NEWS & DISCUSSION

More swatches of the Glow Touch Eyes

Screen Shot 2018-08-14 at 9.22.35 AM.png

05 is so pretty, @Mochapj. It almost looks like it has a bit of an orange shift. Thank you for sharing the swatches☺️

RE: THE SUQQU THREAD | NEWS & DISCUSSION

Swatches of 10 Yuuakane and 11 Fukakaede Designing Color Eyes and 101 Teriaka Glow Touch Eyes

Gorgeous @Mochapj. I really love the Yuuakane palette (if that’s the first four swatches).

@PrettyPaint yes, you are correct, the first 4 are 10 Yuuakane 😉

Thank you @Mochapj

Most of the AW18 collection is still available on Selfridges.com.  I picked up the 120 and new 10 eyeshadow palettes.  I wanted the brownish lipstick but it's sold out.  I'm not heartbroken though because Suqqu's lipsticks aren't HG items for me.  It's just that Suqqu usually makes reds, corals and pinks for their LE releases, so having a brown lipstick is a nice change.

@SilverBeet I was legitimately shocked that almost the entire collection was still available when I woke up yesterday morning.

Typically when I try to buy pieces from Selfridges it's a mad scramble just before I'm going to bed (because of when it goes up on their website). I placed my order as usual and went to bed. Woke up in the morning and realized everything was still available.

Perhaps they are starting to listen to their customers and increase quantities. Or perhaps it's because the majority of the collection is permanent items people aren't feeling as pressured to buy it right away.

I ordered the 120 palette when it released in Japan a few weeks ago and it's really lovely; I hope you like it! 

From Selfridges I picked up 10 palette and the 101 Glow Touch Eyes. I'm really curious about this new product, so I thought I'd start with one and see how I like it.

@Mochapj - I forgot about the launch so I was completely suprised things were still in stock?  Selfridges normally launches when I'm at work and by the time I get home, they are completely sold out.  I agree that Suqqu and Selfridges have responded to customer feedback because even that Isetan exclusive quad (115) is still in stock.  

Would you be willing to give feedback on the Glow Touch Eyes?  I had the green one in my cart but removed it because I have hooded eyelids and I'm not sure how they will wear.  I noticed that some of the Japanese Youtubers put it on their eyes, then use their fingers to spread the product but because I don't understand Japanese, I'm not sure what the reviews are.  If you do not have time, that's okay too.

@SilverBeet I certainly will let you know. My order should arrive Monday so I'll give you some feedback next week. I was also eyeing the green one but my head told me not to buy too many before determining if the formula is any good; especially since the others I was interested in were permanent shades. An IG friend of mine (Wondegondigo) told me she was extremely impressed by them. She doesn't have hooded lids like you or I but she has never had any problem expressing when she didn't like things from Suqqu, so it gives me hope they will be good.

That is true about 115. I bought it from Isetan because I wasn't expecting it to be easy to get in UK and lo and behold, it's still here. Also they've been restocking permanent items much more regularly, which is great to see. Now if only that rumour I heard about Suqqu coming to Canada was true, I'd be the happiest girl in town 😄

Thanks for starting this thread @Mochapj! I only have a few suqqu items but I love love love the few I do have. I was pretty salty about missing out on the UK Christmas 2017 collection in the white packaging. 

I love the Pure Color Blushes with the gradient, I'm surprised to see they went back to the two separate shades for the 2018 AW Collection. 

@MissPuff That’s a fair reason to be salty; their Christmas collections are always lovely!

I picked up the 2 new blushes without really thinking about the fact they were a gelee formula. I’m a bit of a blush obsessive and I count the Pure Color range as one of my absolute favourite formulas but sadly I don’t find these compareable to it at all. I really hope they aren’t planning to continue in this direction.

The highlight sides are glittery, which seems very un-Suqqu. The pink would be lovely if it was easier to use but I have to practically scrape it with my nails to get pigment off, even with the scratchiest brushes. The brown is softer but it’s such an odd colour; too but warm for contour, too muddy for bronzer.

@Mochapj A gelee formula, how interesting! I couldn't tell from the pictures, that might be a pass then, though I must say I'm curious...

@MissPuff If you’ve ever tried Tom Ford’s Moodlight or any of the Sheer Cheek Duos from the Soleil collections, the formula is quite similar. It’s baked and very firmly pressed.

trying both again several times, the brown shade is the easier to use of the two as it’s a little softer but the pink one is so firm that no brush I’ve tried (regardless of how scratchy) picks up much of anything. I’ve had to resort to scraping the surface with a makeup spatula, which isn’t ideal at this price point ☹️

some swatches of the AW18 collection from Beauty Professor:

Screen Shot 2018-08-08 at 4.26.10 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-08-08 at 4.26.17 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-08-08 at 4.26.25 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-08-08 at 4.26.33 PM.png

Thanks for starting this thread @Mochapj. I have very few suqqu products, but I love what I have. I hadn’t seen the 15th anniversary collection yet, so thanks for posting. I too wish the brand was easier to obtain in the US. I have only been able to get things from selfridges and ichibankao.

Conversation Stats
Photos221
  • Designing Color Eyes 1-9
  • 3DFB44CA-0C19-4C69-872B-C86860914AEA.jpeg
  • F286284B-E57F-4AB4-9580-2D757BADC7EF.jpeg
  • 03952BB4-288C-4E6B-A9AA-2D989BEC5A60.jpeg
  • 光輝月 - Koukizuki (liquid shadow 02)
  • 銀空 - Ginzora (liquid shadow 01)
  • 夕茜 - Yuuakane (quad 10)
  • 澄透花 - Choutouka (lip 108)
  • 8A06053E-B539-4F8B-BD59-DB2FB5DB919E.jpeg
  • 58BFDE9A-E33E-441D-AD52-5D9C8FD11ECF.jpeg