Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

THE SUQQU THREAD | NEWS & DISCUSSION

I’m a huge Suqqu (and several other Japanese beauty brands) fan. I’m not sure how many other enthusiasts we have on BIC but I thought it’d be nice to have a dedicated space.

Suqqu is primarily sold in the Asian market but a small portion of their inventory seems to make it to the UK as well.

Current release (SS19)

SUMMER 2019 GLOBAL - LADYISH NEON: 

Spoiler

SUMMER 2019 UK:

Spoiler

514627E5-D29E-4069-A88A-B9C957BEE335.png199BDBD9-C176-4EDE-9B3A-23EAB647F033.png81CCD0DE-7D10-4BEC-A5E3-0DDE9409FA7C.png

Swatches of permanent range items:

Spoiler
Designing Color Eyes 1-
8A06053E-B539-4F8B-BD59-DB2FB5DB919E.jpeg

Designing Color Eyes 1-9Designing Color Eyes 1-9

Pure Color Blush 1-958BFDE9A-E33E-441D-AD52-5D9C8FD11ECF.jpeg

3DFB44CA-0C19-4C69-872B-C86860914AEA.jpeg

Gel Eyeliner Pencil 2-5 / Eyeliner Creamy 1-4
F286284B-E57F-4AB4-9580-2D757BADC7EF.jpeg

I mostly decided to maintain this thread because I know how incredibly challenging it's been for me to find information and swatches of upcoming releases without speaking the language. I'm sure there are probably others out there who have this issue too, so hopefully this thread will be helpful to someone.

Please feel free to ask questions and share any upcoming news you might find.

Re: THE SUQQU THREAD | NEWS & DISCUSSION

Anyone try the new melting powder blushes? I am eyeing them since i came across them in a video. Are they along the lines of PMG sheen? Since they are on cult beauty I’m thinking about ordering but want to be very selective. 

@aviscardi I have only tried one. I wasn’t super impressed, which I believe I am in the minority on.

the formula is quite oil rich, which helps with the melting powder quality of it but it also makes it super prone to hard panning relatively quickly.

i don’t think I would compare it to the PMG blushes, which I find drier and harder than this formula. I’d say it’s closer to the texture of something like guerlain meteorites balls but in a pan shape rather than a ball form, where it’s quite soft and pliable.

Oh good to know. Because of the oils I’ve held off and was concerned longevity wise. Well PMG i meant overall appearance not necessarily the formula but i don’t tend to go for anything cream related. 

Suddenly have an interest in the Fall 2020 (?) Power Blush Compact 101. I am considering getting it from Cult Beauty UK since I let my Selfridges sub lapse. Does anyone have it and would be willing to give a mini review? Anything that makes it stand out / unique? Would love swatches too. @Mochapj I scrolled through this thread and your IG but couldn't find anything. TIA!!

Screen Shot 2021-07-07 at 5.17.09 PM.png

@fiercestpoodle Here are swatches of the 101 palette.

i think it’s fine… it’s certainly better than the 102 palette but I don’t find either of the 6 pans to have the same quality as their single ombré blushes. It’s more along the lines of what you would get from a North American makeup brand (heavy pigment, not as watercolour-y or luminous) and not what I’ve come to consider up to their usual standard.

EF4AB835-014D-4FCF-B549-EBB0455AD568.jpeg

@Mochapj That is so helpful - thank you! I had bought Urushibi at the beginning of 2020 [partly/mostly?] due to your lovely swatches, and I figured there had to be a reason why a limited edition palette would still be available after so much time.

That's too bad that the palette isn't the same quality as the singles - I will be content with the one I have, and the zillion other non-suqqu blushes I have.  😃

Thank you for the swatches - I'm sorry I didn't dig far enough to find them. Hopefully now that life is returning to normal, I'll be more active once again on the boards. Always appreciate your expertise. ❤️

@fiercestpoodle   This palette is the only blush I've ever tried from Suquu.  It ran mostly too warm for me, but I can wear most of it.  There are also little sparkles in the shades, which are visible, if I remember correctly.  If I find it as I organize my things, I'll try it to make sure. 

@Ispend2much6 Thank you for your input! I appreciate it! I made an effort to find my one Suqqu blush this morning and use it today - it is beautiful but I can't say that it "wows" me any more than some of my other blushes.

I'll attempt to stick with the more easily accessible brands when possible!   😃

@fiercestpoodle. Sounds like a plan I need to follow. 😊

RE: THE SUQQU THREAD | NEWS & DISCUSSION

Sneak peek of UK SS20 collection

Swatches of the two global Christmas kits. Kit A (left) and kit B (right)

Spring 2020

Swatches of the Hankyu Umeda collection Tone Touch Eyes 101-104 and blush 116

Re: RE: THE SUQQU THREAD | NEWS & DISCUSSION

@Mochapj, beautiful shades! The green is particularly stunning!

Re: RE: THE SUQQU THREAD | NEWS & DISCUSSION

@Mochapj 😮THAT is breathtaking, where in the UK do you order from?? 

Swatches of the UK holiday collection

Swatches of the new LE tone touch eyes shades launching in October and pure color blush 116

Looks like there might be some LE singles coming soon

More swatches of the holiday kits

More swatches of the Candle Night Christmas kits

209 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos221
  • Designing Color Eyes 1-9
  • 3DFB44CA-0C19-4C69-872B-C86860914AEA.jpeg
  • F286284B-E57F-4AB4-9580-2D757BADC7EF.jpeg