cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

THE DUPE THREAD!!!

A place to help each other find dupes or color match. 🙂

I often find myself looking up products that I wish I could find a dupe for or seeing something and trying to match the color. Thought this be the best place to ask 😉

Re: THE DUPE THREAD!

Thank you! ill check them out 

Looking for a dupe of the discontinued PAPA DONT PEACH from too faced. Not the new formula--their old one was better. Great blush. 

If you're not super keen on the relaunch of the Papa Don't Peach shade, I'd recommend checking out the Love Flush blushes from Too Faced instead. The color I Will Always Love You would come the closest to Papa Don't Peach and has a similar satin finish too. The feel of this blush is pretty soft and smooth when you run your finger over the pan of product. It's not so soft that it immediately crumbles and causes fallout.

Image result for too faced i will always love you

Hey! I am close to running out of my holy grail lipstick. Smashbox Be Legendary in Honey. It is the perfect nude for my skin tone. Does anyone know any good dupes, since the color seems to be discontinued? Thanks in advance 🙂31OYYz24zfL._SY355_.jpg

The color is still carried on Smashbox's site. It's free shipping on their site with no minimum too!

Thank you so much!!! I only thought to check Sephora.

You're welcome! I adore the Honey shade too! I want to say that Smashbox in stores like Ulta and Sephora (even department stores like Macy's and Nordstrom) phased out some shades to make room for different ones, but then Smashbox online launched their full shade range with a ton of online exclusives. Luckily that meant the colors pulled from stores would be available online at least!

Too Faced sweet peach dupes

@sierrafallon  you were looking for a dupe right? nectar was it?

Screen Shot 2017-01-19 at 4.01.05 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-01-19 at 4.01.15 PM.png

Oh, glad I bumped into this!  Some of my TF shadows have been a tad bit underwhelming & I like that Make Up is much more affordable...WIN!

@veronika23  I think some of the new CP pressed shadows, and even some of their older regular shadows might be dupes too.

@makeitup305  cool! Good to know for people who are trying to dupe it! 🙂

I think I have a dupe for Becca Pearl. It's Topshop's new limited edition highlighter in Stardust. It's a cool toned white. I don't have Pearl but from swatches I've seen it looks very close, and it's half the price.

Does anyone know of good dupes for NARS himalia eyeshadow? 

I'd recommend checking out Urban Decay's Moondust shadows in either Diamond Dog or Space Cowboy. Since I know the intensity of the Nars shadow can be turned down or up based upon a wet/dry application and how much it's packed onto lids, the same can be said for the Moondust. Space Cowboy has more of a vanilla cream tone with champagne shimmer while Diamond Dog is more of a taupe based brown, so if you like wearing Himalia more intense/darker, I'd say try DD, but if you like it more subtle I'd opt for SC.

Anonymous Insider

I'm looking for a dupe of the Estee Lauder Pure Color Eyeshadow #47 Nude Fresco.   Would appreciate any assistance with this.  This photo looks very light.  It's a rosey bronze shimmer.  

Thanks for any help!

PicADEgh02n6.png

Anonymous Insider

Going by description, I found an Anastasia eyeshadow, Intense Gaze, but it looks too dark.  Urban Decay's Freelove is in my cart.  Another is an Ulta eyeshadow, Seashell, so I'll try ordering that since it was out of stock at the store.

Any other suggestions? It would be much appreciated.

Try the Sephora Collection eye shadow in Strawberry Macaroon. It's a matte finish versus the slight satin of the EL shade, but I know the satin finish of the EL formula isn't super shiny/reflective so you may be able to get a similar look with a soft matte.

Swatch of Strawberry Macaroon is on the far left:

Image result for sephora strawberry macaroon eyeshadow

Swatches (L-R) Strawberry Macaroon, Smell Of Roses, Romantic Comedy, Girl Talk & Flirting Game

If you did want something with a hint of a satin finish, try Romantic Comedy (also in the Sephora Collection, it's one of their shimmer finishes). In the first swatch pic above it's the third shade from the left, but the lighting there shows it much warmer, below is a pic of it with brighter/cooler lighting so you can see it having that pale, cool pink tone.:

Image result for sephora romantic comedy eyeshadow

Anonymous Insider

@lylysa Do you know what the other colors are in the picture with the swatch of Strawberry Macaroon is? They look really pretty as well.

Swatches (L-R) Strawberry Macaroon, Smell Of Roses, Romantic Comedy, Girl Talk & Flirting Game

I found the image on Beautezine, they did a big article on the Sephora shadows and show images of the actual product and swatches of the other shades as well.

*I've added the names to the above image too now :)*

In case anyone uses the often out of stock MAC Mixing Medium Eyeliner, the new NYX Multitasking Mixing Medium is a pretty good dupe for it! 

So I was googling new NYX products and saw a No Filter powder or something- which looks sort of like the MAC MSF natural powders. Looks like a dupe....lol not that I know if it really is but just appears to be...

4 Replies
testing