Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

๐Ÿ’•THANK YOU Sephora, Glow Recipe, Marc Jacobs, Skinfix, Olaplex, CLEAN, & Velour!

FF8D37DC-E31E-4CAE-8285-0A5976565E7E.jpegWhat do we have here?What do we have here?Ta-da!Ta-da!

I am overcome with gratitude to be selected for my first gratis box, and right before my birthday on top of it! @TeamBIC you have spoiled me beyond belief! Some reviews will have to wait for various reasons, but Iโ€™m thrilled to share some photos and first impressions with you. 

CLEAN RESERVE Reserve - Solar Bloom Travel Spray .34oz/10mLThe brief states that the scentโ€™s intention is to capture โ€œdawnโ€™s radiance as the warmth begins to caress the skin.โ€ Itโ€™s a very vibrant, sunny scent with an interesting touch of minerality. I didnโ€™t expect it, and itโ€™s unlike any other fragrance in my collection. Iโ€™m excited to wear it more!

Marc Jacobs Fragrances Daisy Love Eau de Toilette Pen Spray 0.33 oz/ 10 mL eau de toilette spray This one is immediately up my alley! Sweet and fruity, but not cloying. Playful and feminine.

SEPHORA COLLECTION Hot Line Brush Tip Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner 01 BlackI happened to be in the market for a new brush tip liner, so this showed up at the perfect time! I didnโ€™t use it tonight because I already had a full face of work makeup, but Iโ€™ll update soon. When they describe it as waterproof, they arenโ€™t lying! Below is how it fared after a swipe of micellar water on a cotton pad - no, not a Shay Mitchell โ€œswipe,โ€ but a real attempt at removal! It required a makeup removing balm to disappear completely. 

Post-wipePost-wipeDonโ€™t mind my shaky hand!Donโ€™t mind my shaky hand!

Skinfix Eczema+ Hand Repair Cream 3 oz/ 89 mLWhere was this product in the middle of a Chicago winter?! This immediately relieved dryness on my fingers and a random eczema patch that showed up on my shin two years ago. No greasy residue, no discernible fragrance.

389120B7-F1E6-4C15-8FE6-706C2A9E0627.jpeg

Velour Lashes Effortless - No Trim - Natural Lash Collection Mini Me

Ooooooh lordy, this will be an adventure! Iโ€™ve always made a mess of strip lashes, so the phrase โ€œeffortless, no trimโ€ is music to my ears. I have no lash glue right now, but I held the lashes up to my eye and determined that no trim is needed. Update coming soon! I received these in โ€œNo Drama.โ€

455A0555-8AF0-476D-AACE-D73CBD1BB403.jpeg

OLAPLEX - No. 6 Bond Smoother Reparative Styling Creme:

Everyone and their brother raves about Olaplex, so Iโ€™m excited to try this for myself! I normally donโ€™t use silicones on my naturally wavy hair, but this could be great when I blow it out straight. 

Aaaaaand finally, the highlight! Iโ€™ve had Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Ultra-Fine Mist 2.53 oz/ 75 mLin my cart for over a week in anticipation of the upcoming sale, thanks to @BrendaBT ๐Ÿ˜ The mist is so fine and even; no worries about getting hosed in the face! I love the scent, and can only imagine how great it will feel in the middle of the summer. Iโ€™m going to try this sprayed over my makeup in the coming days and will update here. 

Again, thank you thank you THANK YOU to @TeamBIC@marcjacobs , @GlowRecipe@VelourLashes , Clean Beauty, Skinfix, and @Olaplex for this wonderful opportunity! I couldnโ€™t think of a better birthday surprise ๐Ÿ˜

Re: ๐Ÿ’•THANK YOU Sephora, Glow Recipe, Marc Jacobs, Skinfix, Olaplex, CLEAN, & Velour!

Congratulation on your first Sephora Gratis package, @tastelikewater !

I'm excited to hear your thoughts, especially about the SkinFix product for hands with eczema!

Re: ๐Ÿ’•THANK YOU Sephora, Glow Recipe, Marc Jacobs, Skinfix, Olaplex, CLEAN, & Velour!

@tsavorite I don't have eczema on my hands, but I do have a random patch of it on my leg. The cream provided near-immediate relief! I've already put it in my cart for the spring sale, I like it so much. 

@tastelikewater ,

Thank you!  I really want to try  it.  

Congrats @tastelikewater !

@tastelikewater Congratulations on an awesome gratis!

Congratulations on your first gratis, @tastelikewater, and happy birthday!  Enjoy your goodies!  ๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–

Congratulations @tastelikewater and happy birthday!

Small update: I tried the Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Ultra-Fine Mist 2.53 oz/ 75 mLSEPHORA COLLECTION Hot Line Brush Tip Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner 01 Blackand Marc Jacobs Fragrances Daisy Love Eau de Toilette Pen Spray 0.33 oz/ 10 mL eau de toilette spray

I applied the mist before my skincare, and again after my makeup. It melted beautifully into my powder foundation and didnโ€™t disturb my eye makeup. The smell is just so delicious! I didnโ€™t reapply during the day, so Iโ€™m not yet sure how well it will refresh makeup, but I have high hopes.

The eyeliner applied smoothly and created a crisp baby wing. It didnโ€™t fade or budge during a twelve-hour excursion, which included a rather humid 5-mile jaunt through an arboretum. Iโ€™m a relative novice with liquid eyeliner, so I look forward to practicing with this. 

I found the Marc Jacobs to be more delicate in nature; I didnโ€™t worry about it being overwhelming if I used two spritzes. Because of this, I canโ€™t honestly say how long it lasted. Iโ€™ll try to pay more attention with future uses.

ECB6A6D9-520D-4203-A169-DF9BEEE67F2C.jpeg

@tastelikewaterSo glad the liner worked out for you <333 I also loved this mist!

@tastelikewater sounds like the mist is a winner!

@tastelikewater sounds like the mist is a winner!

Re: @tastelikewater sounds like the mist is a winner!

@lmaster I love so many things about it! 

@tastelikewater   Do you think the glow mist added a pinkish tint to you face when you used it?  It look pretty pink in the bottle.  Thank you!

@Ispend2much6 No change at all! As @pocketvenus mentioned, the mist is incredibly fine, so I think I could douse my face with it and still be ok ๐Ÿ™‚

@Ispend2much6not sure what @tastelikewater 's experience was but the mist comes out soooo fine if there's any pigmentation it's not discernible.

Thanks for the update @tastelikewater!

@tastelikewater Congratulations on receiving this gratis and happy birthday month. 

Thanks @SportyGirly125 !

Awww, what a lovely gratis to receive before your birthday @tastelikewater! ๐Ÿ™‚ So many great products here and how cute is that gift wrapping?!!! Everything in this gratis looks and sounds fabulous. Enjoy your treats! Have a fabulous birthday! โค๏ธ

Thanks so much @itsfi !

Congrats on the goodies @tastelikewater and thanks for your reviews! In the eyeliner swatch pic, I thought you drew a mustache on your hand at first lol

55 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos8
  • Ta-da!
  • What do we have here?
  • FF8D37DC-E31E-4CAE-8285-0A5976565E7E.jpeg
  • Donโ€™t mind my shaky hand!
  • Post-wipe
  • 389120B7-F1E6-4C15-8FE6-706C2A9E0627.jpeg
  • 455A0555-8AF0-476D-AACE-D73CBD1BB403.jpeg
  • ECB6A6D9-520D-4203-A169-DF9BEEE67F2C.jpeg
testing