Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

THANK YOU Sephora, Glamglow, Kate Somerville, Marc Jacobs and Tarte!

What a way to kick off the holidays! ๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ„

I want to say a huge thank you to Sephora, Glamglow, Kate Somerville, Marc Jacobs and Tarte for the wonderful gifts. I was lucky to be selected to receive gratis and to review products from the brands mentioned above.

The products included in this wonderful gift are:

Glamglow Glittermask

Kate Somerville Tight 'N Cryogenic Tightening gel

Marc Jacobs Beauty Le Marc Liquid Lip Crayon

Tarte Foil finger Paints Shadow palette.

I'll be testing these out in the next while and come back to this thread with my thoughts.  Thank you so much Sephora for everything! โค๏ธ๐Ÿ’šโค๏ธ๐Ÿ’šโค๏ธ

017122201.png017122202.png017122203.png

https://www.sephora.com/product/glittermask-gravitymud-tm-firming-treatment-P425726?skuId=2024198

https://www.sephora.com/product/tight-n-tm-cryogenic-tightening-gel-P427725

https://www.sephora.com/product/le-marc-liquid-lip-crayon-P425209

https://www.sephora.com/product/foil-finger-paint-shadow-palette-P425208

Re: THANK YOU Sephora, Glamglow, Kate Somerville, Marc Jacobs and Tarte!

Update time!

Glamglow Glitter Mask

The brush that it comes with is very handy and makes it easy to apply and spread the product.  While applying it felt cold and once it was on my skin was burning.  The burning sensation did not go away while it was on my face.  My skin is not that sensitive.  I want to say that the glitter stars felt cold and then burning like on my skin.  Peeling the mask was easy as well, it was all together and did not pull apart much.  There was minimal residue left on my face.  I expected my skin to feel dry and it actually did not.  By the next morning my skin was not dry and it felt lightly hydrated which was something that i did not expect. After the 2nd and 3rd try I kinda was over it unfortunately. For some reason after the first try it does not fully dry down completely which leaves a lot of residue on my face.  This product is a novelty and more of a "fun" thing to do with some girlfriends.  My face didn't feel firmer after a few tries.  I really do love the scent though, it smells like pineapple fanta.  

Kate Somerville Tight 'N Cryogenic Tightening gel

Tried this twice and couldn't do it anymore.  I got a bunch of little bumps on my skin.  I see that some people had a reaction maybe this product was the culprit?

Marc Jacobs Beauty Le Marc Liquid Lip Crayon

Love this! Wow, i'm blown away by the texture.  It's hard to explain but @ElleElleG has it right, it feels velvety.  Application is smooth and it also feels soft and does last several hours.   Light touch ups after eating.

Tarte Foil finger Paints Shadow palette

I am in love with this palette.  These "paints" remind me of a more luxurious version of the colourpop super shock shadows. The formula feels smooth and the glitter is really fine.  They sure do sparkle. I've only used my fingers to  apply which is effortless. The colors are deep in pigment and after about 3 hrs they do start to crease.  however i just spread the creased product with  a finger on m lids and it's beautiful again.  the strange thing about that is that they do not crease again.  which is great i guess. i do not use eyeshadow primer, i use the smashbox primer water on my face and that's all. The texture of the stargazer shadows are a bit different. They are a bit thicker and require a little more attention to apply.  The sparkle is intense when you use them as a topper of different eyeshadow colors. I highly recommend this palette if you dont mind using your fingers and love to sparkle like a unicorn.

Thank you again to Sephora and all the brands for these genrous gifts. I have enjoyed playing with them and will continue to use some of the products. ๐Ÿ™‚ xoxo

Glad to see your thoughts @darkiceis !!  I still need to try the Kate Somerville but y'all have me a bit nervous, LOL.

Ah love your comparison of the Tarte palette to the ColourPop Super Shock just smoother and a bit more pigmented.  Nice to hear that you didn't need a primer with the shadows either, it's so second nature to me that I never thought to not use one.  Will definitely give this a try!

Thanks for the update @darkiceis. This is really helpful information, as I have very sensitive skin! Iโ€™m totally sold on the Marc Jacobs lip crayon. The texture sounds lovely! 

So I've tested the Marc Jacobs Le Marc Liquid Lip Crayon...

So I've tested the Marc Jacobs Le Marc Liquid Lip Crayon in Fram-Bois! a few times and I have no clue how to describe it. It's far creamier than any lip crayon I've ever tried; it feels almost velvety. Extremely pigmented, easy to apply, and very comfortable on the lip. I found the wear time was a bit longer than a traditional lipstick which I did not expect because of the creaminess. It also transfers but not to the point where it bleeds during wear or you have to worry about reapplying after eating /drinking. One downside, because of how soft(?) the product is, it didn't take long for the product to get off track and start pressing against the tube (similar to pressing too hard on a mini lipstick). Depending on the color selection I will add more to my collection.

Marc Jacobs Le Marc Liquid Lip CrayonMarc Jacobs Le Marc Liquid Lip Crayon

Marc Jacobs Le Marc Liquid Lip Crayon + NYX Espresso LinerMarc Jacobs Le Marc Liquid Lip Crayon + NYX Espresso Liner

Tags:

Re: So I've tested the Marc Jacobs Le Marc Liquid Lip Crayon...

This is gorgeous on you @ElleElleG. I currently have it in my cart! ๐Ÿ™‚

Thank you @PrettyPaint  !  I think you'll enjoy them.  Fingers crossed they add a few more colors to the line.

@ElleElleG Beautiful color on beautiful lips ๐Ÿ˜„ 

You're too sweet, thanks @MSena ๐Ÿ˜˜

@ElleElleG  That color looks fantastic on you!  I don't know if I've ever seen a bad color on you. ๐Ÿ™‚

Aww thanks @Ispend2much6 !  This was a bit brighter than I am comfortable with but nothing a little liner couldn't fix ๐Ÿ˜

I'd like to share my experience with the Tarte Foil finger Paints Shadow palette.  I really, really, wanted to love this, because the shadows looked so pretty. 

They just weren't the right colors for me.  My eyes looked muddy.  And, it was really difficult for me to completely remove the shadows.  By the time I did, my eyes were swollen.

Sorry it didn't work out better for you, @Ispend2much6! I hate it when makeup is too difficult to remove too. 

@quspork  It's okay; I gave it to a good home. ๐Ÿ™‚

Finally some thoughts on one of the items, the Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Foil Finger Paints Shadow Palette

Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Foil Finger Paints Shadow PaletteTarte Rainforest of the Sea Foil Finger Paints Shadow Palette

Top: Natural Daylight, Bottom: Artificial LightTop: Natural Daylight, Bottom: Artificial Light

Photos were taken either yesterday or minutes before posting my review.  My thoughts... 

Packaging: Absolutely love the packaging, particularly the lid of the palette. One frustration is the amount of fingerprints that collect on the mirrored portion and the difficulty to wipe them off. 

Shadows: The shadow formula differs from traditional shadows.  As opposed to being powdery or dry these are very smooth and cream-like.  No fallout whatsoever for the first three shades and they are SERIOUSLY pigmented!  Absolutely adore these. 

The split pan contains two glitter shades where the shade in the left reflects green and orange and the shade in the right pan is pure silver. I found the texture of these two different slightly. Upon touching the pan on the right, you can feel the (sili)cone** in the product that binds the glitter together which makes it easy to apply. In contrast, the green/orange is a little drier and is patchy in swatches. The green/orange shade also looks a bit out of place when considering the shades represented in the palette. 

Application: I was able to apply Sailor's Delight (burgundy) to the outer V using a brush without loss of pigmentation.  Unfortunately neither Gold Coast nor Sea Glass apply any when using a brush, so as the name implies fingers are necessary.   

Wear: I've worn this palette on the eyes twice now.  The shades looked very vibrant when I left for work but a touch more muted when I left only a few hours later. Estimated wear time 5-6 hours when using UD Original Primer Potion.  For the second application I used the NYX Glitter Primer which virtually eliminated all creasing and transfer onto my upper lid.  The color has also remained vibrant and I am on hour # 7.

Overall: I am pleasantly surprised by how much I like this palette. The formula is unlike any other eyeshadow that I have tried (including Tarte) but they work beautifully.   For best application and wear, use of a glitter primer is highly recommended. 

Photos of the 2 looks created with the palette thus far:

Spoiler

Look 1 using Gold Coast, Sea Glass, & Sailor's DelightLook 1 using Gold Coast, Sea Glass, & Sailor's Delight

Used Sailor's Delight in the outer V and deepened it by blending ABH Chocolate on top. Sea Glass on the center 1/3 of the lid and Gold Coast on the inner 1/3.  May not be able to tell from the photo but I had quite a bit of eyeshadow/glitter transfer on top of the lid. 

Look 2- Gold Coast all over the lid + ABH MattesLook 2- Gold Coast all over the lid + ABH Mattes

Gold Coast all over the lid with ABH shadows in the crease and outer V. Used glitter primer, minimal transfer. 

Thanks for such a detailed review, @ElleElleG! Those colors look gorgeous on you!

Absolutely @quspork ! I'm hoping it helps someone that may be interested in the palette ๐Ÿ˜Š

@ElleElleG,

What a thorough Review!  Awesome!

I love your photos, including swatches!  

These look lovely on your eyes.

Thank you for your thoughts and advice!  ๐Ÿ™‚

Thank you @tsavorite ๐Ÿ’™

Thanks for the detailed review @ElleElleG. Those shadows look beautiful on you!

Thanks @PrettyPaint !  I have enjoyed playing with this palette!

706 Replies
Photos52
  • 758CCFF3-619B-4E66-9D70-30776F8B3B32.gif
  • 22EB328F-6843-4EC4-9657-6BF344D5DA4F.jpeg
  • 8FCDEEDE-E0DF-4EDB-9840-5526E42CE5C6.jpeg
  • 01.PNG
  • 02.PNG
  • 03.PNG
  • 6DCD7284-33BC-4984-A319-AAC9D2D1886F.jpeg
  • B2F7AD5C-B053-4B30-89AB-2544884272A1.jpeg
  • 43CD3BB7-7512-4653-BB50-431A7942E155.gif
  • IMG_3172.GIF