Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

THANK YOU SEPHORA, By Rosie Jane, Fresh, Kaja, Living Proof and Viktor & Rolf!

Hello BIC! I was fortunate enough to get a goodie box filled with some new releases thanks to the fairy godmothers over at Sephora HQ! This box included some new brands that have just made their way to Sephora and some well-established brands as well.

By Rosie Jane Leila Lou Perfume Travel Spray 0.25 oz/ 7.5 mL-- this spray is described as having hints of pear, jasmine and fresh-cut grass. Without having even sprayed it, I could immediately smell the "fresh cut grass" they described and it is spot on! The smell is very herbal and if you're a big fan of fresh, herb smells- you're gonna like this one!

FRESH - Vitamin C Brightening Glow Powder--this is a powder-to-foam product that is supposed to refine the skin's texture for a healthy-looking glow. As a big fan of "glowy" products, I know I will be testing this out tonight as soon as I wash my face. I'll try testing it out for a week straight to see if the results are instant.

Kaja Mochi Glow Bouncy Highlighter 01 Toy Alien--a very subtle, bouncy, powder-gel highlighter that can be easily stored in a makeup bag for a quick, highlight application. The texture is similar to that of Stila's putty highlights but a tad bit stiffer.

Kaja Eye Bento Bouncy Eyeshadow Trio Orange Blossom--this is also described as bouncy but I found their formula to be more comparable to NARS single shimmer shadows. The color payoff is AMAZING and the shimmer is just stunning! 

Kaja Cheeky Stamp Blendable Blush 04 Feisty-- the shade I received was actually 01 Coy but it doesn't seem to be available for tagging. This is a very cute, unique, bouncy blush that can be applied with the heart shaped foam applicator provided or can be applied simply with the fingers. For my swatch I applied and blended the product with my fingers without any issues.

LIVING PROOF - Perfect Hair Day Body Builder-- this is described as a body-building hairspray that you use as a finishing spray to give your locks some volume. As someone with very fine hair, I appreciate Living Proof's volume products and am ecstatic to test this baby out!

VIKTOR&ROLF - Magic Liquid Diamonds-  described as having a balance of delicate flower bouquet and velvety white musk. It has a very sophisticated scent that I think would be more suitable for mature people.

VIKTOR&ROLF - Magic Sage Spell-  described as a warm, lavender essence with citrus caviar accord. This also has sophisticated written all over it but I will also add that it smells very fresh and it reminds me of spring.

Viktor&Rolf- Magic Dancing Roses- described as a blend of rose essence and cherry liquor, this one was my favorite out of all 3 because I am a huge roses fan. It smells warm and slightly musky with an overpowering (in a good way) rose scent. 

*lost tagging capabilities at this point in the thread so I was not able to tag this product for now but it is available on the website!

As always, I will be back later throughout the week to update you all on wear tests and selfies using the items!

If you were fortunate enough to receive this box of goodies, please feel free to share your contributions on this thread! ๐Ÿ™‚

IMG_E3314.JPG

IMG_E3315.JPGKaja Cheeky StampKaja Cheeky StampCutest heart stamp applicator!Cutest heart stamp applicator!Kaja Cheeky Stamp in 01 CoyKaja Cheeky Stamp in 01 CoyKaja Beauty Bento Bouncy Shimmer Eyeshadow Trio packagingKaja Beauty Bento Bouncy Shimmer Eyeshadow Trio packagingKaja Beauty Bento Bouncy Shimmer Shadow in 02 Sun Kissed TanKaja Beauty Bento Bouncy Shimmer Shadow in 02 Sun Kissed TanKaja Beauty Bento Bouncy Shimmer Shadow in 03 Baked CinnamonKaja Beauty Bento Bouncy Shimmer Shadow in 03 Baked CinnamonTop to Bottom: 01 Sandy Peach, 02 Sun Kissed Tan, 03 Baked CinnamonTop to Bottom: 01 Sandy Peach, 02 Sun Kissed Tan, 03 Baked CinnamonIMG_E3329.JPGKaja Mochi Glow Bouncy Highlighter in 03 LunaKaja Mochi Glow Bouncy Highlighter in 03 LunaKaja Mochi Glow swatch on left side of hand, Kaja Cheeky Stamp swatch on bottom of handKaja Mochi Glow swatch on left side of hand, Kaja Cheeky Stamp swatch on bottom of handKaja Cheeky Stamp blush blended out with fingerKaja Cheeky Stamp blush blended out with fingerKaja Beauty Bento Bouncy Shadow in 01 Sandy PeachKaja Beauty Bento Bouncy Shadow in 01 Sandy Peach

Re: THANK YOU SEPHORA, By Rosie Jane, Fresh, Kaja, Living Proof and Viktor & Rolf!

Congrats @bakeamuffin! ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰ Such a fun gratis, the Kaja eyeshadow trio you got looks so pretty. โค๏ธ

Re: THANK YOU SEPHORA, By Rosie Jane, Fresh, Kaja, Living Proof and Viktor & Rolf!

Thank you so much @angel7594! ๐Ÿ˜Š I agree, it's just too cute! 

@bakeamuffin Congratulations!! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ™ What a nice surprise!

Thank you @PinkEvergreen! ๐Ÿ˜„

Iโ€™ve had a couple days to test out the Kaja Beauty Bento, Mochi Glow, and Cheeky Stamp Blendable Blush, and want to share my thoughts. Memeboxโ€™s collaboration with Sephora is poised to please the IG crowd, with cuteness overload. I can see how appealing they are based simply on the packaging, but I am more interested in functionality since I wonโ€™t be posting any selfies๐Ÿ˜‰ 

Saucy and sheerSaucy and sheer

First, the colors sent for me to try out were excellent matches for my olive-toned skin. The Cheeky Stamp in 02 Saucy has a similar color in the pot as a few blushes I already use. Online it shows 04 Saucy, described as a dusty mauve, so I believe this is the one I received as 02 Feisty is a cool raspberry. It is quite sheer, with a pretty short wear time for me. It seemed to last longer on my daughter, who has normal skin whereas mine is very dry. It had a very subtle shimmer that I couldnโ€™t quite capture. I did notice that after frequent use (all throughout the day over the past couple of days!) some of the liquid blush was stuck to the sides of the pot rather than in the cushion. I believe this was due to the pressure from the stamp into the pot. I doubt most would use it as often as my daughter did, but itโ€™s worth noting that using a light touch with the stamp is advised. 

Sparkly, glittery glamourSparkly, glittery glamourI tested the Beauty Bento in Rose Water yesterday by only applying shadow base to one eye to test longevity. After application, I was a little hesitant to head out for the day as the shimmer and shine from these shadows is not for the faint of heart! Closeup to show the sparkleCloseup to show the sparkle

By the end of the day, there was a noticeable difference with creasing and lots of transfer on the lid without the shadow primer. I would recommend using base with this to prevent fall-out. The colors are beautiful, lots of green-gold glittery shimmer. The middle color is like foil - pretty impressive if thatโ€™s your thing! The lightest color was somewhat similar to the Mochi Glow highlighter, but with way more noticeable glitter. The darkest color was my favorite, this is one I see myself reaching for the most. I also love that there is a little mirror in the top part of the compact; nice touch. These are gorgeous colors for those who prefer hi-watt beauty!

The Mochi Glow Bouncy Highlighter is indeed bouncy. It has a very soft texture, which feels moldable to the touch. My daily highlight is a very subtle rose-gold powder, so this color, described as sparkling white gold, and formulation were completely new to me. I applied what I thought would be a small amount to the top of my cheekbones and nose, and WOW. My skin looked like like glass in the mirror (from a few feet away, realistically speaking). It was definitely noticeable but not over-the-top so. It  just looked like I knew what I was doing ๐Ÿ˜‚. I love this and will be using it on a regular basis. I was just commenting to someone here that I was searching for another highlighter, even though I am 100% happy with the one I currently use; now I have two that I feel that way about! Keep in mind my highlighter knowledge base is pretty limited; maybe there are 1,000 others out there just as good as this one. I havenโ€™t tried them and I donโ€™t need to look any further. Of all the Kaja products I received, this is the one that I would recommend the most as I really love how it makes my skin look.

Working on the Living Proof now, tried it yesterday and hope to have a solid opinion later this weekend:)

@eshoe Thanks for all the info youโ€™ve provided us with โ˜บ๏ธ๐Ÿ™

Youโ€™re welcome, @PinkEvergreen! Itโ€™s been interesting changing things up to see how the products work/donโ€™t work. The Beauty Bento is almost like a cream version of the Gliter and Glow shadows. I tried the middle color today in my inner eye and it was about the same, but there was a tiny bit of fallout. Not much, but a bit. I know these are going to be right up someoneโ€™s alley. Iโ€™m a bit of a highlighter newcomer as in I havenโ€™t tested more than a dozen. I am looking at another color in this line to pick up though, just because I like the formula.

@eshoe Wow that third shade in the Bento Box is stunning! Glad to hear you loved the highlighter, thanks for your thoughts!

To avoid so many duplicated threads flying around, I will ditch my own thread and post some of my opinions here since @gonerogue   posted first, this will be official thread lol ๐Ÿ˜‚ C0EDAEA1-1DDE-4644-BC5F-99172DD329B2.jpeg

1718016F-1C4C-4867-A02E-572600885184.jpeg

KAJA Cheeky Stamp Blush 01 Coy: how cute is this????

C1EA90F9-AAD4-4BB1-AC68-2D9A26C98846.jpeg

412C2B15-3A8C-4877-9CD5-3B8BB15EA63F.jpeg

KAJA Beauty Bento Bouncy Shimmer Orange Blossom. Bonus: Tom Ford Scott lippie at the bottom ๐Ÿคช

F4BE771E-2F57-41BE-BBA9-FC843A7D89E4.jpeg

All KAJA products on my face plus the help of couple things liked UD Naked 3 and TF Scott74DF87E6-E3C0-4D8A-A477-0C517F91F34B.jpeg

Verdict: I feel liked a teenager playing with makeup for the first time. ๐Ÿ˜ I really like the eyeshadow shimmers. Theyโ€™re fun. I can pass on both the blusher and 03 Lunar highlighter. Theyโ€™re on sheer side for me. Thank you @SephoraBIC again for such a fun gift. 

Beautiful!!!! @blackkitty2014 Congrats again! ๐Ÿ™‚

You enabled my purchase of TF Scott @blackkitty2014. I saw the picture when I was having dinner and I waited until I arrived home to complete the purchase.

I also received the same gratis but I am waiting to try it once I have a couple of days off from work.

Congrat on the gratis @Loretta55. I hope you will enjoy them and Scott ๐Ÿ˜˜

Congrats on getting this amazing and fun Beauty box, @blackkitty2014! I also felt the cheek stamp stamp was much too sheer for actual use, though it is adorable and unique! On the other hand, my highlighter I felt was full-glow and I need a much lighter touch next time I use it. Love the photos and swatches ๐Ÿ’—!

@blackkitty2014 Thanks for your honest opinions on the products ๐Ÿ‘ While some of us might want a bolder blush and highlighter, lots of people still do like more sheer options. 

And, Iโ€™ll be totally honest... Iโ€™m far more interested in checking out Kaja after hearing your thoughts, and those of the other trusted Sephora gratis recipients (@gonerogue@eshoe, @alexasteph, etc.) than if they had gone to a subscriber โ€œinfluencerโ€ box company that requires people to complete tasks to be considered for future product samples. 

Cheers to Kaja for making their presence on Sephora known through great Community members ๐Ÿ’‹ And cheers to the other brands for introducing their new products this way, too ๐Ÿ’‹

@PinkEvergreen, exactly!!! If you like sheer products, these would be your jams.

Congratulations, @blackkitty2014!

Thx you @curlychiquita

I thought that it was only me- I love the smell of Magic Dancing Roses but the scent doesn't linger on the skin. I'll have to try the  By Rosie Jane Leila Lou Perfume 1.7 oz/ 50 mL Eau de Parfum Spray

Itโ€™s not just you, @Tarabotti! If it has a rose scent, I am interested-lip balm, shampoo, body products, and especially perfume. I love this scent! But Iโ€™m just not going to spend $ on a perfume that doesnโ€™t last more than an hour. I tend like like heavier, spicy fragrances while shying away from powdery florals. The Leila Lou is fruity, but somehow weighty as well, which is why Iโ€™m not waiting for spring to wear it ๐Ÿ˜Š I will probably need to buy a FS by then!

Wow wow wow!!!! What a great gratis!!! Have fun with your goodies!!! ๐Ÿ™‚ @gonerogue

The best surprise to come home to, @SchylarR๐Ÿ˜„! Everything has been so much fun to play around with, love discovering new โค๏ธโ€™s, too;)

8 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos73
  • IMG_E3315.JPG
  • Kaja Cheeky Stamp
  • Cutest heart stamp applicator!
  • Kaja Cheeky Stamp in 01 Coy
  • Kaja Beauty Bento Bouncy Shimmer Eyeshadow Trio packaging
  • Kaja Beauty Bento Bouncy Shadow in 01 Sandy Peach
  • Kaja Beauty Bento Bouncy Shimmer Shadow in 02 Sun Kissed Tan
  • Kaja Beauty Bento Bouncy Shimmer Shadow in 03 Baked Cinnamon
  • Top to Bottom: 01 Sandy Peach, 02 Sun Kissed Tan, 03 Baked Cinnamon
  • IMG_E3329.JPG
  • Kaja Mochi Glow Bouncy Highlighter in 03 Luna
  • Kaja Mochi Glow swatch on left side of hand, Kaja Cheeky Stamp swatch on bottom of hand
  • Kaja Cheeky Stamp blush blended out with finger
  • IMG_E3314.JPG
  • 67C67DD6-6401-4C53-9955-01FEF3B8AD09.jpeg
testing