Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

THANK YOU SEPHORA, By Rosie Jane, Fresh, Kaja, Living Proof and Viktor & Rolf!

Hello BIC! I was fortunate enough to get a goodie box filled with some new releases thanks to the fairy godmothers over at Sephora HQ! This box included some new brands that have just made their way to Sephora and some well-established brands as well.

By Rosie Jane Leila Lou Perfume Travel Spray 0.25 oz/ 7.5 mL-- this spray is described as having hints of pear, jasmine and fresh-cut grass. Without having even sprayed it, I could immediately smell the "fresh cut grass" they described and it is spot on! The smell is very herbal and if you're a big fan of fresh, herb smells- you're gonna like this one!

FRESH - Vitamin C Brightening Glow Powder--this is a powder-to-foam product that is supposed to refine the skin's texture for a healthy-looking glow. As a big fan of "glowy" products, I know I will be testing this out tonight as soon as I wash my face. I'll try testing it out for a week straight to see if the results are instant.

Kaja Mochi Glow Bouncy Highlighter 01 Toy Alien--a very subtle, bouncy, powder-gel highlighter that can be easily stored in a makeup bag for a quick, highlight application. The texture is similar to that of Stila's putty highlights but a tad bit stiffer.

Kaja Eye Bento Bouncy Eyeshadow Trio Orange Blossom--this is also described as bouncy but I found their formula to be more comparable to NARS single shimmer shadows. The color payoff is AMAZING and the shimmer is just stunning! 

Kaja Cheeky Stamp Blendable Blush 04 Feisty-- the shade I received was actually 01 Coy but it doesn't seem to be available for tagging. This is a very cute, unique, bouncy blush that can be applied with the heart shaped foam applicator provided or can be applied simply with the fingers. For my swatch I applied and blended the product with my fingers without any issues.

LIVING PROOF - Perfect Hair Day Body Builder-- this is described as a body-building hairspray that you use as a finishing spray to give your locks some volume. As someone with very fine hair, I appreciate Living Proof's volume products and am ecstatic to test this baby out!

VIKTOR&ROLF - Magic Liquid Diamonds-  described as having a balance of delicate flower bouquet and velvety white musk. It has a very sophisticated scent that I think would be more suitable for mature people.

VIKTOR&ROLF - Magic Sage Spell-  described as a warm, lavender essence with citrus caviar accord. This also has sophisticated written all over it but I will also add that it smells very fresh and it reminds me of spring.

Viktor&Rolf- Magic Dancing Roses- described as a blend of rose essence and cherry liquor, this one was my favorite out of all 3 because I am a huge roses fan. It smells warm and slightly musky with an overpowering (in a good way) rose scent. 

*lost tagging capabilities at this point in the thread so I was not able to tag this product for now but it is available on the website!

As always, I will be back later throughout the week to update you all on wear tests and selfies using the items!

If you were fortunate enough to receive this box of goodies, please feel free to share your contributions on this thread! 🙂

IMG_E3314.JPG

IMG_E3315.JPGKaja Cheeky StampKaja Cheeky StampCutest heart stamp applicator!Cutest heart stamp applicator!Kaja Cheeky Stamp in 01 CoyKaja Cheeky Stamp in 01 CoyKaja Beauty Bento Bouncy Shimmer Eyeshadow Trio packagingKaja Beauty Bento Bouncy Shimmer Eyeshadow Trio packagingKaja Beauty Bento Bouncy Shimmer Shadow in 02 Sun Kissed TanKaja Beauty Bento Bouncy Shimmer Shadow in 02 Sun Kissed TanKaja Beauty Bento Bouncy Shimmer Shadow in 03 Baked CinnamonKaja Beauty Bento Bouncy Shimmer Shadow in 03 Baked CinnamonTop to Bottom: 01 Sandy Peach, 02 Sun Kissed Tan, 03 Baked CinnamonTop to Bottom: 01 Sandy Peach, 02 Sun Kissed Tan, 03 Baked CinnamonIMG_E3329.JPGKaja Mochi Glow Bouncy Highlighter in 03 LunaKaja Mochi Glow Bouncy Highlighter in 03 LunaKaja Mochi Glow swatch on left side of hand, Kaja Cheeky Stamp swatch on bottom of handKaja Mochi Glow swatch on left side of hand, Kaja Cheeky Stamp swatch on bottom of handKaja Cheeky Stamp blush blended out with fingerKaja Cheeky Stamp blush blended out with fingerKaja Beauty Bento Bouncy Shadow in 01 Sandy PeachKaja Beauty Bento Bouncy Shadow in 01 Sandy Peach

Re: THANK YOU SEPHORA, By Rosie Jane, Fresh, Kaja, Living Proof and Viktor & Rolf!

It’s time for some thoughts on the final two perfumes. I haven’t give  wear thoughts of Liquid Diamonds or Dancing Roses. 

Liquid Diamonds: This is really light and beautiful, like a subtler version of J’adore. The problem though, is it’s subtle. I put double the amount I usually put on and it barely lasted through the day. I can very very faintly still smell it at the end of the day. I wish the lasting power on this was better, because it’s quite nice. Very feminine and floral in the best way. If this were a bit more pronounced, it’d easily jump up to my top 10. I love it, but it’s just too weak. I am not really one to reapply fragrance during the day, I expect it to last.

Dancing Roses: It’s gunna be a no from me, dawg. It’s too too too sweet. Headache inducing. Of course, this one was strong and lasted. From the bottle it smells really balanced and lovely, but on it was sharp and painful. I needed to wash it off. Not about this one. I think I am just cherry scent averse. I love cherry candy and the flavors of cherries (Cherry Coke is the best Coke, these are true facts), but the scent is just too much. I didn’t get any rose after I applied it. I am not a fan of sweet, so that is part of it. If it’s got any gourmand I need a hefty muskiness to bring it back down. 

Of the four scents, I think By Rosie Jane is the winner as far as scent and longevity is concerned. When the weather comes back around... I’ll be reaching for that baby quite often. I really enjoyed 2 of the 3 V&R scents, I just have to remember to reapply when I wear them. 

Re: THANK YOU SEPHORA, By Rosie Jane, Fresh, Kaja, Living Proof and Viktor & Rolf!

I used my Kaja Eye Bento Bouncy Eyeshadow Trio Rosewaterin Deep Plum again today and I loved it!  I used the darkest color as the base with the lightest on top, and my only other makeup was lipstick (I could have used concealer, though).  It was pretty, and quick and easy!  This is quickly becoming a fast favorite!  This, the blush, and the V&R perfumes are real gems.

I did eventually try the LIVING PROOF - Perfect Hair Day Body Builder.  I have a lot of body already, so it didn't help anything, but it didn't hurt, either.  It rained for two straight weeks here, though, and my hair always get frizzy then.  We should finally be getting nice weather this week, so I'm going to try it again.

THANK YOU SEPHORA, By Rosie Jane, Fresh, Kaja, Living Proof and Viktor & Rolf!

awesome I love to to try out new products. I just made a purchase I bought the too faced mini peach holiday palette and some Marc Jacobs purfume and the travel lock it down travel duo from urban decay.

absolutely   Beautiful   wonderful to have  a fairy godmother   

Enjoy ❤💙💛

Sorry the the delayed review of these products but after heavy thunderstorms in the northeast on Tuesday internet in my area has not been working consistently. I was also getting kicked off BIC.

I received the same colors of the Kaja products as @yankeefaithful. I received 01 Rosewater in the Beauty Bento Bouncy Eyeshadow Trio. I have dry skin but oily eyelids. The first day trying this I used no eyeshadow primer with the shade Champagne Cream on my eyes. It did not last on my eyes through my lunch break at work. The second day I used my favorite eyeshadow primer Smashbox 24 Hour Eyeshadow Primer with the shade Ballerina Pink and what a difference! The eyeshadow was vibrant and it remained on my eyes with no problem. Sephora and Kaja sent me exactly the eyeshadow shades that I would have chosen for myself. For anybody that enjoys glitter eyeshadows like me, I feel these are wearable in a working environment. They are subtle enough but the only negative is that there is major fallout.

The Cheeky Stamp Blendable Blush In Bossy unfortunately was too sheer to show on my checks but it is a beautiful color.

The Kaja Mochi Glow Highlighter in Stardust is a rose gold color. It is a pretty highlighter that is not too over the top. 

I only used the Fresh Vitamin C Brightening Glow Powder once. The smell reminds me of Tang. I enjoyed this product and I do feel that my face looks like it has some “glow” to it after using this.

I have not yet tried the Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Body Builder. I do have thick wavy hair with a fair amount of body so I hope product will enhance my hair. I will update this once I try it.

My husband has become allergic to fragrances so I gifted these colognes to another BIC Community member and I asked her post her review on this thread. Please excuse my poor photo skills and I did not realize that the freckles on my arm kind of blend into the swatches 

From the left Champagne Cream, Ballerina Pink, Plum,Stardust blended and BossyFrom the left Champagne Cream, Ballerina Pink, Plum,Stardust blended and Bossy

All of the productsAll of the products

Second lookSecond look

Congrats @Loretta55!!! Thanks for your thoughts!

@Loretta55. Congratulations on receiving this great gratis too!! You're right, the Kaja eyeshadows are really pretty!! It's fun playing with this trio,  isn't it!! I haven't got to try the Fresh Vitamin c powder,  but the Living Proof Body Builder gave my wavy hair body, but the nozzle was hard to direct the spray. I've only used it once so maybe I need practice!! Enjoy the new products!!😊

@yankeefaithful the fresh mask is so nice, hope you get to try it soon!

@Loretta55, thank you for your swatches!  I'm glad you loved the Rosewater Beauty Bento with primer!  I'm sorry the blush blended away.  It was very nice of you to gift your perfumes!

I was so surprised when UPS came pulling up my driveway when I wasn't expecting a package. Of course,  my husband said "what have you ordered now!!" So I was so happy to see it was from Sephora with a package full of goodies!! Thank you @Sephora, Kaja, Fresh, Living Proof, by Rosie Jane and Victor & Rolf for all the lovely things to play with!!  Sephora has been great about letting BIC community members try new things!!

Spoiler
Spoiler
I was able to try the Kaja Beauty Bento in Rosewater trio. It consisted of Champagne Cream,  Ballerina Pink and Deep Plum. All are very pretty and glittery on their own, and together make a lovely eye look. I have used each alone or with other eye looks. The Champagne Cream gives any eye look a pop of sparkling highlight. Together, they make a pretty eye that could be used anytime but will be great for special occasions and holidays.
I also received the Kaja Cheeky Stamp Blendable Blush in Bossy.(I hope this wasn't a message of some sort!!) In the package, it comes  across as dark orange, but after applying and blending, was a lovely peachy color. Very pretty and looked great with my everyday makeup!
Last from Kaja was the Mochi Glow Bouncy Highlighter in Stardust. A very bronze gold shade that is easy to blend but is a little too gold for me. Would probably look great on darker skin tones. 
The other products I haven't got to try so I could give honest reviews!

The blush Bossy and highlighter StardustThe blush Bossy and highlighter Stardust

Swatches of blush and highlighterSwatches of blush and highlighter

Champagne CreamChampagne Cream

Ballerina pinkBallerina pink

Deep PlumDeep Plum

20180927_152835.jpg

Shadow trioShadow trio

Congrats @yankeefaithful!!! Great pics!!!

@veronika23  Thanks a bunch!! It's always fun to play with new products!!😉

It is! 🙂 @yankeefaithful

Congratulations, @yankeefaithful!  I'm so happy that you received this!  I love the colors that Kaja sent to you!

@curlychiquita  Thanks so much!! The Kaja colors are really nice and it's been great to play with them and the other products!! 😊

@yankeefaithful Yay! Congratulations on this nice surprise 😊

@PinkEvergreen Thanks so much! It was a nice surprise and have really enjoyed playing!!😊

Congratulations @yankeefaithful!! 😄 glad to see you included in this round of Gratis as well 💕☺️ 

@bakeamuffin  Yes, it is nice for Sephora to let some of us to try these nice products!! I was pleasantly surprised with the Kaja products! I'm not sure if I can do credit to the fragrances since so many give me migraines or makes my allergies act up! Wish you had gotten those too! Did you receive the Living Proof product?

I didn’t get the Living Proof @yankeefaithful, it seems that the Canadian gratis typically varries a little bit from the US version. 

Sorry to hear that fragrances don’t always agree with you! That’s a bit of a bummer 

317 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos73
  • IMG_E3315.JPG
  • Kaja Cheeky Stamp
  • Cutest heart stamp applicator!
  • Kaja Cheeky Stamp in 01 Coy
  • Kaja Beauty Bento Bouncy Shimmer Eyeshadow Trio packaging
  • Kaja Beauty Bento Bouncy Shadow in 01 Sandy Peach
  • Kaja Beauty Bento Bouncy Shimmer Shadow in 02 Sun Kissed Tan
  • Kaja Beauty Bento Bouncy Shimmer Shadow in 03 Baked Cinnamon
  • Top to Bottom: 01 Sandy Peach, 02 Sun Kissed Tan, 03 Baked Cinnamon
  • IMG_E3329.JPG
  • Kaja Mochi Glow Bouncy Highlighter in 03 Luna
  • Kaja Mochi Glow swatch on left side of hand, Kaja Cheeky Stamp swatch on bottom of hand
  • Kaja Cheeky Stamp blush blended out with finger
  • IMG_E3314.JPG
  • 67C67DD6-6401-4C53-9955-01FEF3B8AD09.jpeg
testing