Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

THANK YOU SEPHORA, BITE Beauty, Chloe, Farmacy, IGK, and Pinrose!

Hello BIC! I was lucky enough to get chosen for some of Sephora's new releases to test and review! It looks like the focus of this box was holographic/shimmer releases and I'm very excited to test them all out! Here's a list of all of the items I received with some product descriptions. Some product descriptions were taken straight from the letter enclosed in the box so they are not my words but my input will be in there as well. I will link everything down below at the bottom of my post for those of you interested in reading more about the products.

BITE Beauty Prismatic Multi-Stick in Oyster Pearl- a multi-stick that applies like a cream and wears like a powder. The weightless formula can be layered over any eye, lip or cheek color for transformative dimension. This product went on like butter when I tested it on my hand! It was smooth and very easy to blend.

Chloe Nomade Eau de Parfum Travel Spray- a warm, floral scent with notes of oakmoss, freesia, and Mirabelle liquor. I loved this so much I wore it out for date night that very same day! 

Farmacy Honey Butter Beeswax Lip Balm- a nourishing, natural lip balm formulated with Farmacy's Ecinacea GreenEnvy Honey as well as coconut oil, cocoa butter and cupuacu butter. My first impression from this is that it has NO fragrance! I was expecting a honey or beeswax smell but it has absolutely no obvious fragrance for those of you who are sensitive to fragrant lip balms. This dry winter is taking a toll on my lips but I'm hoping that with this lip balm and some time, my lips will be as good as new!

IGK Foamo- a shade-shifting holographic glitter foam which shift as you move in light. I got both colors Moon Rock and Meteor to test out and love how much shimmer is packed into this product!

Pinrose Secret Genius Shimmer Mist- mist with iridescent pink and silver sparkles. Fragrance notes: vanilla, caramel, and sandalwood. I love everything about this! I love the fact that it has some shimmer and I love the warm, vanilla scent! This is definitely one of my favorite products from this box!

Sephora Collection Pro Slanted Buffing Brush #89- this brush is the perfect tool for contouring and blending out harsh lines on small areas of the face. I think the domed shape will be perfect for blending out my cream contour.

Sephora Collection Holographic Face and Cheek Palette- an all-in-one palette of complimentary holographic pearl and beautiful matte blush shades designed to be worn alone or layered on top of one another for a dramatic effect. Off the bat, this palette swatched beautifully. The transformative shades were buttery and stunning and the blush shades were highly pigmented. I'm very excited to test this out as most Sephora Collection palettes are great in quality and in price too.

Thank you again Sephora and for all of your wonderful mods!

I'll be updating this thread with pictures and reviews as I try out each and every product. 

If you received similar products, feel free to post your looks and reviews on here as well!

fbgr1.jpgfbgr2.jpgfbgr3.jpgfbgr4.jpgSephora Collection #89 BrushSephora Collection #89 Brushfbgr6.jpgfbgr7.jpgBITE Beauty Prismatic Multi-Stick in Oyster PearlBITE Beauty Prismatic Multi-Stick in Oyster PearlSwatch of BITE Beauty Osyter PearlSwatch of BITE Beauty Osyter PearlSephora Collection Holographic PaletteSephora Collection Holographic PaletteShades from top to bottom, left to right: Green, Blue, Pink, Warm Rose, Purple, PinkShades from top to bottom, left to right: Green, Blue, Pink, Warm Rose, Purple, PinkSwatches of Green, Blue, Pink highlightsSwatches of Green, Blue, Pink highlightsSwatches of Warm Rose, Purple, Pink blushesSwatches of Warm Rose, Purple, Pink blushesIGK Foamo in Moon RockIGK Foamo in Moon RockPink/Teal iridescent shimmerPink/Teal iridescent shimmerIGK Foamo in MeteorIGK Foamo in Meteorfbgr22.jpgBlue/purple iridescent shimmerBlue/purple iridescent shimmer

fbgr17.jpgfbgr18.jpg 

https://www.sephora.com/product/prismatic-multistick-P427344?skuId=2028272&icid2=products%20grid:p42...

https://www.sephora.com/product/nomade-eau-de-parfum-P428451?skuId=2037380&icid2=products%20grid:p42...

https://www.sephora.com/product/honey-butter-beeswax-lip-balm-P428416?skuId=2042794&icid2=products%2...

https://www.sephora.com/product/foamo-holographic-hair-foam-P427717?skuId=2030732&keyword=foamo

https://www.sephora.com/product/secret-genius-P407369?skuId=1918051&icid2=products%20grid:p407369

https://www.sephora.com/product/pro-slanted-buffing-detail-brush-89-P427355?skuId=1982875&icid2=prod...

https://www.sephora.com/product/holographic-face-cheek-palette-P428692?skuId=2007672&icid2=products%...

Re: THANK YOU SEPHORA, BITE Beauty, Chloe, Farmacy, IGK, and Pinrose!

I kept meaning to come back and report on IGK Mistress Hydrating Hair balm. I have dry color treated hair which tend to fizz a lot without a leave in product. I really like this balm. Applied it to my towel dried hair from mid shaft to the ends, applied a little extra to the ends again and let it air dry. My hair was surprisingly manageable and fizz free and looked hydrated. I think I like this product thoughI’ll use it a few more times before writing a review. 

Hello, again, everyone! I am back with my final thoughts/reviews for all of the products I was sent. I had sufficient time to test everything out and hope that my feedback is helpful for anyone curious about these specific products. I have posted my official reviews on the official product pages as well. Enjoy!

Loved:

Sephora Collection Holographic Face & Cheek Palette- I think this ended up being my favorite product from the entire box! I have been using this palette for blush and highlight almost everyday since I got it. It really is amazing and for the price, you can't beat it. I provided some swatches of *higher end* dupes for two of the highlight shades and one of the blush shades but honestly, it makes more sense to buy this palette than to buy individual blushes and highlights if they are going to swatch the same and wear the same!

Sephora Collection Brush #89- I've been using this brush everyday since I received it. It is the perfect brush to blend my cream contour with and it has replaced my It Cosmetics Bronzer brush since it is longer and easier to hold/handle!

Chloe Nomade Travel Spray- This is the perfect sophisticated scent for people who like warm, vanilla notes in their fragrances. It is also very strong so one spritz is enough to have you smelling great the entire day.

Pinrose Secret Genius Shimmer Mist- This was a great smelling and fun product to test out! The fragrance is sweet and the glitter/shimmer aspect is just fun. I do one spritz on each arm and spread the glitter evenly. While this does not last as long as the Chloe spray, it's still a product I would recommend to someone looking for a fun, fragrance product.

Farmacy Lip Honey Butter Beeswax Lip Balm- This was another winner and it couldn't have come at a better time! This winter has been kicking my butt by drying out my entire body but this lip balm is definitely helping out with my chapped, winter lips this year. I normally use my BITE or Korres lip balm before bed but I have replaced both with this lip balm as it has no scent (to me- others did report a slight scent) and just feels more comfortable.

Indifferent:

IGK Foamo Holographic Hair Foam- while I love the concept around having holographic hair, the color and the glitter transferred more to my hands than to my hair. I thought having blonde hair would be an advantage to seeing the color better on my hair but in the end, only the glitter transferred to my hair so my hair color made no difference. I would not recommend this to someone looking for truly holographic hair but would recommend it for a younger audience looking to play around with color in their hair without the commitment of hair dye.

BITE Beauty Prismatic Pearl Multistick in Oyster Pearl- I really wanted to like this because the color was just a spectacular iridescent purple BUT it fell short as an eyeshadow and didn't wow me as a lip color 😞 The color was not pigmented enough to create a bold eye look with so this would be more suitable for someone looking for something to create easy, quick, subtle looks with. The color was very nice on my lips but I just don't see myself wearing a holographic-like purple on my lips!

Sephora Collection Pink highlight/ Becca Prismatic AmythestSephora Collection Pink highlight/ Becca Prismatic AmythestJouer Ice on left/ Sephora Collection Green highlight on rightJouer Ice on left/ Sephora Collection Green highlight on rightJouer Ice/ Sephora Collection Green highlightJouer Ice/ Sephora Collection Green highlightBecca Songbird/ Sephora Collection Warm RoseBecca Songbird/ Sephora Collection Warm RoseSephora Warm Rose blush on top/ Becca Songbird on bottomSephora Warm Rose blush on top/ Becca Songbird on bottomTrace amounts of glitterTrace amounts of glitterGlitter Overload on my handsGlitter Overload on my handsBecca Lilac Geode/ Becca Prismatic Amethyst, Sephora Collection Pink highlightBecca Lilac Geode/ Becca Prismatic Amethyst, Sephora Collection Pink highlight

Sephora Collection Holographic Palette Pink blush and Pink highlightSephora Collection Holographic Palette Pink blush and Pink highlightBITE Beauty Prismatic Multi-Stick in Oyster Pearl on the lidsBITE Beauty Prismatic Multi-Stick in Oyster Pearl on the lids 

@gonerogue I agree with the mess that is FOMO holographic foam. My daughter wanted to try it when we were in store a few days ago and my hands were all glittery when I applied it on her hair. It was such a mess as it was almost impossible to clean the glitter completely using makeup remover. She still wanted it so I got her one in Meteor. Guess it will be a bit easier to get rid of glitter by washing hands or else she has to apply it herself. There wasn’t any holographic effect but of course she loved the glitter so we ended up with it.

@fatimamummyYES GIRL! Glitter overload! But if your daughter loves it and doesn't mind the cleanup after application, then I think it's perfect! Despite the glittery mess, I'll be using mine when the weather heats up so I can wear it with my hair up so it will show better.

@gonerogue, I love the comparison swatches!  Thank you!

@curlychiquita no problem! Always happy to help ❤️😘

Thanks for the reviews and swatches @gonerogue! I love the looks you were able to create. I'm definitely going to have to take a look at the Farmacy and the Holographic palette. The IGK Foam is intriguing but I appreciate seeing how it performed on your hair. I had the same thoughts about the color possibly working better with lighter colored hair, but if it's mostly just going to add glitter - I think I'm a touch past the targeted age for that, lol. 

@quspork I’m glad I was able to help! I was pretty disappointed with how the IGK foam ended up looking on my hair BUT that new brand Hush just came out with some temporary hair color sprays and I think we might have better luck with that than with IGK. I know I’m going to have to pick up the pink shade.... for science and all 😇 when I end up testing it, I’ll be sure to keep you guys updated to see how that performs in comparison to the IGK foam! 👌🏻

Hahaha--- for science of course!! I'd love to hear what you think of Hush once you try it out, @gonerogue!

Can’t wait to hear what you think of the hush @gonerogue

@gonerogue Thanks for the update!! Great reviews and pics of the products!! You've definitely made me think about the Sephora Holographic palette. It looks so pretty on you. I'm glad you got to try out these products!

@yankeefaithful Thank you! It really is an amazing palette! I hope you get to try it out soon 🙂

Hello, everyone!  I've been meaning to check in on the items I've tried. 

1) Farmacy Honey Butter Beeswax Lip Balm - A little bit stronger version (that smells better) of Burt Bee's Honey Lip Balm.  For the record I have very, very dry lips, this just doesn't work for me very long.  I tried it over night for two nights and had to apply multiple times in the middle of the night. So it is ok for during the day, but not great (for me) for overnight.   I recently purchased Korpari Coconut Lip Glossy from Spehora and that was better for overnight, but I still need something stronger.  I am going to try the Sephora Collection Lip Balm & Scrub in Honey (the yellow one) next.

https://www.sephora.com/product/honey-butter-beeswax-lip-balm-P428416?skuId=2042794&keyword=farmacy%...

https://www.sephora.com/product/coconut-lip-love-P416145

https://www.sephora.com/product/lip-balm-scrub-P415438?skuId=1835362

2. Chloe Nomade Eau de Parfum Travel Spray - A very pretty fragrance that will be perfect for travel.

3. Sephora Collection Pro Slanted Buffing Brush #89 -I love the brush! ♡♡ Love love love it!  I'm something of a Sephora brush junkie, though, so this is the perfect thing for me to get in the box!

I don't see me using the IGK Foamo until Saint Patrick's day, so I will try to come back and give an update then. 🙂

@curlychiquita Thanks for the update! The brush is going on my vib sale wishlist! 😁

@curlychiquita my experience with the farmacy lip balm has been the same.  i've been using it at night for about a week & its just not doing what i need it to do.  i usually apply my nivea essentials before bed and it keeps my lips in check all night.  i found i had to reapply this & that it left a slight film on my lips.  i'm moving it to my morning lip balm to see if it works better that way!

the 89 brush? i'm in LOVE!!! i don't think i've tried a sephora collection brush that i haven't liked but this one is perfect for me! my skin is dry and i've been using more cream products - this works perfectly for cream products!

@curlychiquita I hear you on the dry lips! I like lip balms throughout the day (Kopari is my favorite) but it sounds like you need an overnight treatment. Have you tried Bite's Agave Lip Mask? 

@KatieBT I've been wanting to try Kopari for a while. Is it a petroleum-like consistency or thinner?

@KatieBT, I haven't tried Bite's mask, I will add it to my loves list now for my next purchase!  Thank you!

@curlychiquita  I have dry lips too but my HG lip balm keeps them nice. It's Intelligent Nutrients lip delivery nutrition. If your other options don't work out give that a try. I've been using for years and nothing can compare... I like to try new ones because I love lip balms but this is still my favorite. Can't live without it!

Thank you, @veronika23!  I will definitely try that next, then.  I am on a hunt for a really great lip balm.  My lips are incredibly dry, even in the summer!

254 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos74
  • fbgr4.jpg
  • fbgr1.jpg
  • fbgr2.jpg
  • fbgr3.jpg
  • fbgr6.jpg
  • fbgr7.jpg
  • Sephora Collection #89 Brush
  • BITE Beauty Prismatic Multi-Stick in Oyster Pearl
  • Swatch of BITE Beauty Osyter Pearl
  • Sephora Collection Holographic Palette
  • Shades from top to bottom, left to right: Green, Blue, Pink, Warm Rose, Purple, Pink
  • Swatches of Green, Blue, Pink highlights
  • Swatches of Warm Rose, Purple, Pink blushes
  • IGK Foamo in Moon Rock
  • IGK Foamo in Meteor
testing