Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Studying MUA here!

Studying MUA here!  Hi all!  I am hoping to finish my Certification for Makeup Artistry by next year and loving it.  Any pointers on additions to my kit?  Just picked up Tilbury Foundation to try it out. Thanks Mom-in-Law for the Sephora gift card!!  Excited for this venture and so far I am doing very well!!!  Cheers all!

Re: Studying MUA here!

Thank you for sharing, I like makeup, and people do it, I want to be a professional in this business, now I am still studying, I often attend courses and because of this I do not have time with my homework, but this service always helps me with essays.

@Daspen
for my school we got to get the MAC makeup Starter kit which I thought was cool. You can only get it if you have proof you are attending makeup school. It had everything you needed. I also had a Ben Nye starter kit as well. I say you can always buy drugstore if on a budget and then slowly build your kit up.  You don’t need a lot of shades of foundation because you can always custom mix foundations for the clients. 

RE: Re: Studying MUA here!

@SportyGirly125 what school did you attend?

RE: Re: Studying MUA here!

@SportyGirly125 thanks. I have Paul Mitchell and Mud partner school around me. I kinda feel like mud would be more of the pro choice.

Re: RE: Re: Studying MUA here!

@KNC24 It was my local community college.

The school sent a HUGE kit....but it did not include foun...

The school sent a HUGE kit....but it did not include foundation or mascara. So that I purchase separately. Not aware that MAC did that! I have my student discount number yes. Was just there today! Good to know thank you!

Hello, fellow MUA 🙂 I'd say it's great to have a variety of different eyeshadow palettes (warm tones, jewels, smokey greys, burgundy's pinks etc) Also, different baking powders such as Huda's, or a great drugstore alternative is Marcelle's original loose setting powder. Different eyelashes, tools such as a metal spatula, a metal palette to mix creams/liquids, mascara/eyebrow spoolies, anti-bacterial wipes, alcohol spray to disinfect your makeup in between makeovers, and a cape!

Hello!!!! They actually supplied all.of that! So that helps.

Hello!!!! They actually supplied all.of that! So that helps.

RE: Studying MUA here!

@Daspen what school are you attending. I’m currently looking into a mud parter school

Re: RE: Studying MUA here!

It's a great program, thanks!

QC Makeup Academy and all done from home. plus they month...

QC Makeup Academy and all done from home. plus they monthly payments. Great school!

@KNC24 I took mine at my local community college. 

I am in a program at QC Makeup Academy

All from home. It's a great program! 

RE: Re: RE: Studying MUA here!

@Daspen thank you for letting me know. I’m going to look it up
14 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 22 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing