Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club
|

Staying power recommendations: primer and powder!

Hi all! I have combination skin with an oily T zone (oil develops after several hours), and normal skin elsewhere. Looking for powder recommendations for my skin and setting spray (other than the UD holy grail all nighter spray which I know about). I hate putting a full face on and it vanishes in 4 hours. I put the toofaced powder set in my cart for the sale. Also the ordinary silicone primer- wondering how that one is as well? Any other suggestions for powder or setting spray? I use a beauty blender currently and use Too faces born this way foundation! (And KVD setting powder but it’s almost finished) Thanks.

Re: Staying power recommendations: primer and powder!

HOURGLASS - Veil Mineral Primer

This is the only primer that keeps my oily skin at bay.  It's spendy, but a little goes a long way and it keeps the makeup in place instead of disappearing after 2 hours.  There's a mini version as well.

RE: Re: Staying power recommendations: primer and powder!

Neat!! I need to check this out. Thanks for the recommendation.

RE: Staying power recommendations: primer and powder!

Same boat, here! Welcome aboard! I would say give the Too Faced set a whirl. I used the whole line for a bit, but because I’m weird, I’m trying to get away from owning too much from one brand, and since I’ve already got soooo many TF eye shadow palettes, I decided to branch out. For the last 4 months, I’ve been using the Silk Canvas from Tatcha and just bought the full size Fenty setting powders. I’m pale, pale, pale, so I use the Lavender on the undereye and Butter everywhere else. I have to use oil blotting paper on my nose about every four hours, so at lunch and before leaving the office. But the rest of my face stays nice and matte. I use the setting spray from Supergoop, too. But only at the end of the day, to refresh my SPF. Also, I would add, just embrace it. Oil is there for a reason. It’s there to protect your skin. It breaks down, so you don’t have to. Don’t “treat” it. Use a good, oil based moisturizer at night. Use blotting paper after you’ve but on foundation or concealer.

RE: Staying power recommendations: primer and powder!

Oh those are wonderful recommendations. Yeah I’m excited to try the TF set. Can’t wait for the sale! Now I need to think about the Fenty setting powder as well. I’m broke lol!
4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing