Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Someone please help

Hello, I’m new here and I’m super new to makeup. Sorta... I kinda know basics like primer, foundation, blush. But that’s literally all I know. I want to get more into doing my own makeup. Especially I got so many events going on this year. I was hoping to ask y’all for advice on what I need, what I should get, where can I learn, etc. for a basic natural everyday face. I think that’s what it’s called? I’m sorry I’m so new to this. 

Re: Someone please help

@alirocksmysocks 

For the basics you can't learn better than by watching a pro, but not all pros are good teachers. Lisa Eldridge, at Lisa Eldridge dot com (not allowed to give links!) is an awesome talent and a more awesome teacher. She has videos on all kinds of basics and party/event looks. I recommend her her YT channel & website unreservedly. You learn a lot and her voice & manner are so relaxing and inspire confidence.

Gemma Kidd & Bobbi Brown & Kevyn Aucoin, for starters, have excellent books available at my library at least, with step by step tutorials, too. I grew up & taught myself makeup long before computers were in anyone's home, and books were my main source, outside of watching my mom & older sisters putting on their faces. I love YT, too, but don't ignore the great resource. I still have quite a few books on making up, and I still love looking through & using them. 

For products, a nice neutral eye/face palette with a pop or two of color is good for everyone. Elf New Classics is nice and inexpensive, or ABH Mini Soft Glam, or there's a nice Warm Edit palette from Viseart on sale if you go for warmer tones.

Thank you so much! I appreciate your help and recommendations! ☺️💕

Welcome! It really depends on what looks you're looking to do and your budget; but I have always gone to YouTube first for reviews, tutorials, recommendations. There are a few beauty gurus that I follow, like Emily Noel, she does mostly drugstore stuff or Michele Wang who does mostly high-end luxury reviews. The community here is also suuuuper helpful. 

much appreciated!! 💕 thank you for your recommendations!

@alirocksmysocks Hello, i am actually looking for the same help!! im new to this and i was like let me post and see if anyone can help!! I guess im not alone or the only one having trouble finding the right products!! good luck 🙂

@alirocksmysocks Welcome to BIC! This really depends on your budget and colors you like to use.

Sign up for free masterclasses to learn more about makeup that I post on this thread Virtual Masterclass Thread 

6 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 18 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing