cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Show Me Your Beauty Collections!๐Ÿ’—

Hello, beauties!!!๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’—

We had a fabulous collection thread on the old BT that didn't seem to migrate over to BIC and since I love looking at collections, I thought I'd start a new thread.

This is a space to share your beauty collections - makeup, lipstick, nail polish, perfume, whatever you've got!

I'll start off with a few of my collections.๐Ÿ’—

Pat McGrath:eZy Watermark_10-07-2023_12-52-05-3210PM.jpeg

Too Faced:

eZy Watermark_10-07-2023_12-51-29-7650PM.jpeg

Melt, Huda Beauty, MAC:

eZy Watermark_10-07-2023_12-52-38-9260PM.jpeg

Can't wait to see yours!!!๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’—

Re: you have a great collection @WinglessOne ๐Ÿ˜

Thanks @lmaster!

@WinglessOne, holy moly that is a huge lip collection๐Ÿ‘€ I...

@WinglessOne, holy moly that is a huge lip collection๐Ÿ‘€ I could match any outfit in your fabulous lipstick heaven ๐Ÿ’– I have a question, do you worry about your lipsticks and lip products going bad? Just curious how long they should last? Thanks

Re: @WinglessOne, holy moly that is a huge lip collection๐Ÿ‘€ I...

Thanks @Luvstravel! I do worry about lipstick spoilage sometimes, but mostly with liquid lipsticks since thereโ€™s no way to clean and occasionally sanitize them. The general health advice I always hear is to toss solids/bullets after a year and liquids after 6 months. But honestly, how many of us do that? ๐Ÿ˜„ 

Before my declutter, I had so many lipsticks, I couldโ€™ve worn a different shade every day of the year and then some. But I never wore 95% of my hoard. Iโ€™m now determined to actually use all my lipsticks on a regular basis. Thatโ€™ll help me check periodically for bloom, bad smells, gross texture, etc., and Iโ€™ll get much better use out of my collection. 

Re: Show Me Your Beauty Collections!๐Ÿ’—

Oh, wow, I love seeing your lip collection , @WinglessOne!

Thanks @curlychiquita!

WOW @WinglessOne! That is an amazing lip collection!

Thanks @faeriegirl!

I do the same thing with my in-use lippies @WinglessOne but I've not had to graduate to a carousel yet ๐Ÿ’‹ just a flat acrylic case that's tiered. I wish gloss bomb would fit into the acrylic stands. Thanks for sharing 

Thanks @sonnydee! Hmm, I wonder if the Gloss Bomb will fit in one of my old vertical stands with wider slots... I used to have a few small (28 bullet) acrylic vertical stands that can also be used flat. I gave most of them away but still have one left, in search of a good home. Iโ€™m curious enough to check when I get home. ๐Ÿ™‚

I started with a flat tiered stand. I wound up with several bigger carousels, vertical stands, and a couple shoeboxes. These 2 carousels are a downsize. 

Update: Oh wow, they kinda do fit! This is an acrylic By Alegory stand. Itโ€™ll hold 28 bullets and itโ€™s meant to be used vertically. Cap-first, the Gloss Bomb fits all the way in the slot and easily slides in and out. Bottom-first, itโ€™s a very snug partial fit. Iโ€™m honestly surprised it fits at all! 

Flat/horizontal vs. intended vertical use.Flat/horizontal vs. intended vertical use.

I had several of these vertically stacked on their sides instead of their intended bases (with a strip of non-slip shelf liner between each stand, so they wouldnโ€™t slide off one another). They can also be used horizontally when laid on their backs. By Alegory makes another version for liquid lipsticks, but that one might have narrower slots. 

I mean, not to enable you like the lipstick junkie I am, but you could get a flat lipstick tray with wider slots, like this one, if you wanted to add to your lipstick collection... in fact, Iโ€™d send you this one since I donโ€™t use it anymore. Iโ€™ve given away all the other ones. ๐Ÿ™‚ The only problem with this stand is the base: when used horizontally (or vertically on its long side), the base is a chunk of useless acrylic that takes up space. Oh, and the standโ€™s argyle shaped instead of rectangular. But when used vertically as intended, this is a great stand for small spaces.

I bundled one of these stands with 10 ColourPop Lux lipsticks as a Christmas gift for a teen relative. Now that I know the Gloss Bomb fits (cap-first), I might buy one to add to her gift bundle. Thanks for prompting me to check the fit, @sonnydee

What I thoughtful gift @WinglessOneUnidentified I'm sure she was really happy with it. Oh, that's so sweet of you to send it to me but I have too many as it is and I just bought this huge one. No enabling needed I'm already there15444016774961866687713.jpg

@WinglessOne I love how your Nars Powermatte's spells out Nars ๐Ÿ–ค I actually find Too Faced Melted Matte go sour quite quickly. I really like some of the colours but find I have to replace them 2 or 3 times a year because the scent smells like burnt crayons? 

Thanks @GG84! I love the Melted Matte shade rangeโ€”including one of my favorite matte bluesโ€”but they do turn quickly. Even if they donโ€™t develop a bad smell (though they often do), they become very goopy in the tube. I even had to purge my 4 month old backups. I wonโ€™t buy them again unless Too Faced releases more colors as minis. And even then, Iโ€™d have to use it up fast. 

@WinglessOne Love the organization. I love how your Nars are organized, with the brand name showing up across.

Thanks @naturalooks15! Itโ€™s a bit of clever packaging design and marketing by NARS: the caps entice you to display the spelled-out brand name, and if youโ€™re short a letter, youโ€™re slightly tempted to buy another lipstick to fix that. ๐Ÿ˜„ 

@WinglessOne I love the organization and range of brands...

@WinglessOne I love the organization and range of brands and shades ๐Ÿ˜. I was guessing colors the Bite Beauty Prismatic, Nars and Fenty colors along with various lip liners. Lol. I peeped out that empty spot for the new Fenty Gloss Bomb too. Good to know about the shelf life of the Tom Ford lippies. Thanks for sharing.

Re: @WinglessOne I love the organization and range of brands...

Thanks @IndyQT317! Oh, those are Too Faced liquid mattes, not Tom Ford. For some unknown reason, Iโ€™ve never owned any Tom Ford lipsticks. And each time I decide to browse them in stores, I get distracted by other brand displays. But yeah, the Too Faced liquids seem to have a short shelf life. โ˜น๏ธ If anyone has backups, I suggest checking them soon. 

This is a work in progress. I found the lights at Pier 1 and they are battery operated and have a timer. This is my mini perfume collection and a few others. The first picture is at night, no flash and the second picture has flash. Iโ€™m going to continue the lights into the adjacent cubes. Hopefully, when Iโ€™m done Iโ€™ll have a nice night time display to stare at๐Ÿ˜‚

C6669D1B-3D06-4D3D-9EB8-78BD67C19F0D.jpeg856907FA-BF2C-4079-91F6-425451F58FE5.jpeg

@CAcay, you have a lovely perfume collection!

@CAcay, you have a lovely perfume collection!

What a beautiful collection @CAcay

@PrettyPaint Thank you so much!!๐Ÿ˜€

27 Replies
testing