Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club
|

Setting spray

Hi There. can you reccommend a setting spray for dry skin? 

Re: Setting spray

Hi @JaiJaiGore! I have dry skin, so I hope that I can help you in your search for a good setting spray! I think that to answer your question, it's important to think about what you want your setting spray to do (besides set your makeup, of course). 

For a super dewy, glowy set, my favorite setting spray is Anastasia Beverly Hills Dewy Set Hydrating Setting Spray. This is a great setting spray for days that you're going for a more natural makeup look (like an "I woke up like this" look) - it gives your face a great dewy sheen without looking too shiny. I think that this setting spray pairs the best with lighter-coverage liquid foundations, not heavier powder foundations. It's definitely meant to accentuate lighter-makeup looks. It has a light tropical smell, so if you're sensitive to fragrance, I probably wouldn't go for this product. 

If you want a more lasting setting spray to pair with heavier makeup looks (such as those heavy powder foundations that I was talking about, or layered eyeshadow looks), the crowd-favorite Urban Decay All Nighter Waterproof Makeup Setting Spray Standard Size - 4 oz/ 118 mL is the best. This setting spray is the longest-lasting setting spray that I have ever owned, and when you wear it, your makeup won't budge an INCH. Even though it's so strong, it doesn't dry out my face at all, which is really nice! It does smell a bit weird, so if that bothers you, then I wouldn't buy it. 

If you want a setting spray that's kind of in the middle of the last two (so in the middle of super dewy and super matte), I would go for the MILK MAKEUP Hydro Grip Dewy Long-Lasting Setting Spray With Hyaluronic Acid + Niacinamide 3.38 oz / .... "Hydro" is in the name of the product, since it's actually quite moisturizing and hydrating, especially for a setting spray. It has raving reviews, and it sets your makeup quite nicely about halfway between super dewy and super matte (so you can use it with either liquid or powder foundation!). It definitely works the best in conjunction with other MILK MAKEUP products! This setting spray is definitely quite tacky, like the MILK MAKEUP Hydro Grip Hydrating Makeup Primer with Hyaluronic Acid + Niacinamide 1.52 / 45 mL, so if you don't like that sticky feeling, I wouldn't go for this product.

These products are all mid-range products ranging from $20ish to $40ish for the full size versions of these products, and setting sprays last for quite a long time, at least for me. I'd say that any one of these three setting sprays is a good choice, and it really depends on the makeup looks that you usually go for. I hope that this list helps you!

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing