Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Sephora Firsts: What was your first Holy Grail Product from Sephora?

Sephora_Shopping_Bag (2).jpg

Hi friends! While our team is spending more time at home, some of us have been doing some spring cleaning or just have a little extra time to play around with makeup, but it seems like we’ve all come across products that have been living in our drawers for what feels like decades (or maybe even longer)! This got us thinking and taking a walk down memory lane and reminiscing on our first holy grail products from Sephora.

In a previous thread, some of us have talked about our first purchase ever from Sephora, but we are so interested to hear what was the first “holy grail” product you remember getting from Sephora that you just could not live without? Maybe it was finding that perfect lipstick, or the first foundation that was your spot-on shade match? Or even a primer or skincare product you still swear by!

What’s the first-ever holy grail product you remember getting from Sephora? Show & Tell by replying below!

RE: Sephora Firsts: What was your first Holy Grail Product from Sephora?

Kat von D foundation

Re: Sephora Firsts: What was your first Holy Grail Product from Sephora?

Urban Decay Vice Lipstick 714 !

I really feel my age with this question lol @BrendaBT. There’s a few holy grails but definitely the KVD tattoo liner and the locke it foundation. The ABH brow whiz & definers. Sephora use to carry their own line of nail polish and that was always my polish of choice. Loved their philosophy shower gels and still use them so many years later.

Re: RE: Sephora Firsts: What was your first Holy Grail Product from Sephora?

Yessss I loved walking by their huge nail polish tower and doing little colour swatches on small pieces of paper here and there! I recall buying a couple of them - one aquamarine and a topper with black & white flecks. It’s a shame Sephora got rid of them! @2manyperfumes 

Re: RE: Sephora Firsts: What was your first Holy Grail Product from Sephora?

Two brands i was really sad to see disappear @Guessgal the nail polish and their Tokyo Milk and Tokyo Dark perfumes 😢

Urban Decay 24/7 liners were my first love. In 2012 they released the Ocho Loco set, and I'm embarrassed to admit that I finally decluttered them a few months ago. I wasn't using them anymore, but they were so beautiful that I just didn't want to let go! 

RE: Re: Sephora Firsts: What was your first Holy Grail Product from Sephora?

OG liners and still amazing @tastelikewater 👍. I have quite a few.

Josie Maran Matchmaker Serum Foundation! This was actually my very first trip to Sephora when I was just a kiddo with my mom (by kiddo I mean like, 12-13). These are the best memories! I still love the Josie Maran Argan Oil, but I've progressed to other foundations (although my first one was still wonderful). Thanks for sharing this!

Sephora Firsts: What was your first Holy Grail Product from Sephora?

Belif Aqua Bomb moisturizer it was the first to really work for my skin. I still love & it's still in my rotation but it has alcohol high on the list so I use it when my skin needs a balance. 💙💙💙

I haven't used it in years (and it looks like it's not even available anymore), but I used to always buy benefit's brow zings palette from sephora. I see there's a deluxe version with multiple shades that they still make, but this one had a single color of powder and a tinted wax.

Man, my first holy grail products were:

1. boscia's Tsubaki Cleansing Oil-Gel

2. Korres Pomegranate Pore Blurring Gel Moisturizer 

I had terrible skin all throughout my teenage years and for the better half of my twenties. One day, I was at Sephora with a friend who was shopping for make-up. She kept encouraging me to get a foundation but I didn't feel confident using make-up without first taking care of my skin. One of the Sephora reps did a skin test on me and recommended the above products. They truly were the best things for my combination skin. Within 1-2 weeks, my skin did a complete turn around and seriously, for the FIRST time in my life, I had consistently, clear skin. Wow.

I'm in my 30s now and (just like momma always said) a lot, including my skin, has changed lolol. So I'm using different products now but I always credit my OG holy grail products for my initiation into the world of Sephora.

Definitely the FAB Pure Skin Cleanser! It’s gentle but effective and just sets my combination skin up for the rest of my skincare routine. I love it 💛💛💛

My first holy grail product from Sephora was the Original Beauty Blender. I used to save up every check to replace my beauty blender. It was the only beauty sponge on the market at the time. 

Same. Although every time I try any others, they just suck in comparison. I exclusively use BeautyBlender. 

To be true to the Sephora challenge, I'll say a Sephora product that is truly a holy grail for me: SEPHORA COLLECTION Long Lasting Eyeliner High Precision Brush 01 Black !

Ok, this is tough!! I don’t know about my first HG product, but I do remember my first product purchased from Sephora being a Sephora collection matte red lipstick because I wanted to be like Taylor Swift (we’re the same age, so that’s been QUITE some time ago 😅)!!

My first holy grail from Sephora was a finishing powder by make-up forever.  I used if for many years but have since found other powders that I enjoy using a little better. 

My first holy grail from Sephora was and still is the stila Stay All Day® Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner Intense Black

I've been using it for about 8 years and I'll never use a different one!  I really hope they don't discontinue it

Other holy grail products are the SEPHORA COLLECTION - Luxe False Lash and the SEPHORA COLLECTION - House of Lashes® Eyelash Adhesive (the super glue for falsies!)

My first HG product from Sephora is Buxom Full-On™ Plumping Lip Cream Gloss White Russian The best Nude gloss w/o shimmer for me.

Sugar Rose was my first holly grail product. I loved the color and the way it felt on my list. I still use it today!

testing