Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Sephora Firsts: What was your first Holy Grail Product from Sephora?

Sephora_Shopping_Bag (2).jpg

Hi friends! While our team is spending more time at home, some of us have been doing some spring cleaning or just have a little extra time to play around with makeup, but it seems like we’ve all come across products that have been living in our drawers for what feels like decades (or maybe even longer)! This got us thinking and taking a walk down memory lane and reminiscing on our first holy grail products from Sephora.

In a previous thread, some of us have talked about our first purchase ever from Sephora, but we are so interested to hear what was the first “holy grail” product you remember getting from Sephora that you just could not live without? Maybe it was finding that perfect lipstick, or the first foundation that was your spot-on shade match? Or even a primer or skincare product you still swear by!

What’s the first-ever holy grail product you remember getting from Sephora? Show & Tell by replying below!

Re: Sephora Firsts: What was your first Holy Grail Product from Sephora?

Fresh Soy Cleanser. I got a mini set of Fresh as a B-day gift, I think, and it just clicked with my skin instantly. My skin gets easily sensitized, and the affordable cleanser I'd used for years was giving me rashes. I rotate my skin regimen these days, to avoid the issue, and Fresh is the only thing I can use year 'round if I want, though usually just use it for 2 rotations/yr. And if ever I'm having a rashy phase, i go back to the Fresh Soy to clear it up. 

@heavyhedon FRESH - Soy Makeup Removing Face Wash is not the first product but was the first cleanser I ever got as well and it's still one of my favorites. I also have very sensitive skin and it has always worked for me 🙂

@BrendaBT   -   To be quite honest, I do not recall my first Sephora purchase though I believe my first Sephora EU purchase was in Spain and I picked up some Sephora brand face wipes.  As for HG product status, I would have to say it was a set of four products - DE Lippe, DE Marula oil, DE B-Hydra and DE Peeke Bar.  The reason ther are four - I purchased all four at the same time and they were the first "adult" skincare line I was able to use in two years.  Now, I always have my Lippe with me and my Peeke bar waiting for me when I wash my face in the morning.  I've branched out a bit into other DE products and Biossance as well.  Still use and love B-Hydra and the Marula oil.  

RE: Sephora Firsts: What was your first Holy Grail Product from Sephora?

ABH Brow Powder Duo. On my first ever trip to Sephora in 2014/2015, I got a sample of it and fell in love! Bought it the next week. Been using it ever since.

Re: RE: Sephora Firsts: What was your first Holy Grail Product from Sephora?

@samkeaysxo I love it! Such a good product 🙂

Wow, I’ve been shopping at Sephora for years so this is hard. I’d have to day my very first holy grail was the Urban Decay eyeshadow primer potion. To this day, I’m impressed by how it works. And I still use it. I’ve tried other eyeshadow primers. No product had outperformed this one.

First holy grail product has to be supergoop glow screen! It leaves your skin looking amazing and has SPF in it! What more could you want?! 💛

My very first Sephora holy grail was the dr jarts v7 priming moisturizer!still is one of my holy grails!

agree 10000000%!

I'm not sure if I can say that it is or ever was a holy grail item, but I remember going into a Sephora for the first time while on vacation with family.  My mom and I both picked out a set from bare minerals that had a brush and a powder foundation.  I believe I repurchased it a few times.  Other than that I don't really remember having 'holy grail' products early on.  I was mostly excited to try new stuff.  I did really love the SC body washes that were so bright and colourful in their own shelf display years ago.  I used them pretty exclusively for a while and would love going in to pick out new scents.  I don't have a lot of holy grail products in general, in fact only one is coming to mind, the Nars Pro Prime shadow primer.  I believe I received it in a sample bag/value pack and never looked back. Everyone was busy raving about the Too Faced or Urban Decay and I didn't get the hype.  Still use Pro Prime to this day!

RE: Re: Sephora Firsts: What was your first Holy Grail Product from Sephora?

I think bare minerals was my first Sephora purchase too!

I also love the seawater foundation. It looks good on my face and feels light. It doesn't leave a sticky, heavy feel in my face. It almost feels as though I'm wearing nothing. I for sure recommend this in makeup/foundation category.

Gosh, I can't remember. If I have to choose, I'd mostly likely pick the Sephora lipsticks I ordered when I first joined; unfortunately, when I go to look for those, it says no longer available. Still yet I have managed to find other amazing lip colour.

@CuriousAboutNew Some of my first holigrail products were also sephora collection lipsticks! Such good products for such a good value 🙂

Mine was and still is the Tarte Amazonian Clay Foundation and the NARS matte concealer!

@Kat1738 my first holigrail was also TARTE - Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Foundation SPF 15 I first got it as a sample and was hooked for a really long time. This was my first holigrail along with the SEPHORA COLLECTION #LIPSTORIES Natural Wonders Lipstick 74 Off the Grid. 🙂

The NARS Soft Matte Complete Concealer Biscuit has been my HG concealer since it came out years ago! <333

Liked this, gave each of my somewhat less pale sisters a sample in deeper shades; now it's their holy grail concealer, while I use a variety of different ones for different bases. 

Right! I first tried it about 4 years ago and since then...

Right! I first tried it about 4 years ago and since then I will never purchase a different concealer lol

My first holy grail was definitely the Make Up For Ever HD (and later Ultra HD) foundation. Unfortunately, my shade was discontinued. 😞 

man, i remember it like it was yesterday. i bought the chocolate bar palette and the sweet peach palette by too faced over 2 years ago. i still have the chocolate bar and still love it but i can’t find the sweet peach. same goes with my tarte in bloom palette! like it be nice if i could find them before dropping over 100 dollars lol.
2 Replies
testing