Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Searching For New Products

Hi everyone, I figured it was time to call in the pros. I'm not good at putting on makeup by any means, but I still want to look my best (with my lack of skills). I'm on the hunt for a few new good products:

1. Tinted Moisturizer/BB Cream/CC Cream - I currently use the Urban Decay Naked Skin (which looks like it is no longer sold at Sephora). I really like this one however i'm looking for something a little more matte. I don't want to wear foundation every day, as it feels too heavy on my skin, but I do still want good coverage and colour. Any recommendation

2. Eyebrow Filler - I currently use the tarte Amazonian Clay Waterproof Brow Mousse Medium Brown  , which I love. But since i'm almost empty, I figured I would see if there is something better out there. I don't do a full, structured, draw on brow. I am moreso looking for something to fill in the gaps between hair and just make it look a bit more polish

3. Eyeliner - I currently use the tarte Clay Pot Waterproof Liner Blackened Plum   (wow didn't realize what a Tarte fan I was until right now). I love the precision of this eyeliner and the dark brown colour option, however, it often transfers to my brow bone and upper eyelid throughout the day. Looking for a good precise liner, as well as one that can be a bit more smudged and effortless looking

Thank you everyone. This novice appreciates your time and recommendations! 

Re: Searching For New Products

I just started using KVD Beauty Tattoo Liner Vegan Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner Trooper, let me tell you it is a GODSEND. I always had a problem with eyeliners transferring to my eyelids and fading away.  Plus I would always have to clean it up after wards!!  This creates such a smooth line and it never transfers as long as I use primer. 

@legzzzy Oh my goodness.  I feel the same way.  I purchased this one recently and absolutely love it.  You are correct that it creates a smooth line and never transfers.  Loving this product.  

@DanikaKo  #IT Cosmetics Your Skin But Better™ CC+™ Oil-Free Matte with SPF 40 has great coverage. I got the #Benefit Cosmetics Brow Microfilling Eyebrow Pen a few weeks ago and it works great for filling in gaps.

Hi @DanikaKo!

My favorite brow product is Anastasia Beverly Hills DIPBROW® Waterproof, Smudge Proof Brow Pomade Granite (not this color).  It's good for structured Instagram brows, but also works well to create micro-needle like effect when used with Anastasia Beverly Hills Brush 12 Precision Brow Brush for Pomades & Gels.  I also like their Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz® Ultra-Slim Precision Brow Pencil Ebony for filling in just the sparse areas.  At the end, I'll sometimes top it off with Benefit Cosmetics Gimme Brow+ Blowout! brow-volumizing gel duo 5 to give my brow hairs volume and keep them in place.

Pot eyeliners are more likely to transfer so I recommend a liquid liner like the stila Stay All Day® Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner Intense Black.  It stays on all day, even through my mid day naps 😂

If your eyeliner is still transferring, I would dust a bit of translucent powder on my lids before eyeliner.  On really hot days, I'll dust a bit on after eyeliner.

You can check out the Virtual Masterclass Thread for free classes or find them on the Eventbrite website.  I also like to watch Sephora and MAC IGTV tutorials.  They're great for beginners and I prefer them to Youtubers and IG influencers since they're trained MUA's who give tips for people with all face/eye shapes. 

ABH has free 1-on-1 virtual brow shaping classes.  You can find it on the Virtual Masterclass Thread somewhere.

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing