Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Question

Hi! whats a great hydrating face primer that actually works?

Tags:

Re: Question

Smashbox Photo Finish Primerizer Moisturizing Primer Photo Finish Primerizer @pixiecries is good imo for being non drying but also helping makeup stick. But I also have a very extensive skincare routine I do before applying primer. 

Alternatively, both the Saie Glowy Super Gel Lightweight Dewy Multipurpose Illuminator and the Rodial Soft Focus drops are hydrating and help make dryer full coverage foundations wear better on my skin. I lay down the rodial first and then mix the saie product with my foundations. I usually pair with cream complexion products (i.e. bronzer/blush/highlight). A facial oil can also work in this regard depending on foundation ingredients. 

It just depends on what you're going for and what you're needs are.

Re: Question

@pixiecries --

I'm on my third tube of Purlisse Beauty Matcha Green Tea Antioxidant Priming Moisturizer; you can add as much as you need, it all sinks in and hydrates nicely and is oil-free.

I use it right before making up, after already having my usual face cream on for a while, and I feel it leaves my skin pretty smooth looking and ready for makeup, but note; I don't have a lot of texture and I can't speak to issues of extra makeup longevity since I don't have that problem anyway. I've also used it in the summer as my regular face cream. For reference, I'm in my mid-50s with normal to dry skin. 

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing