Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Primer suggestions please!

I am debating getting a new primer. Which would you recommend between Benefit porefessional original or pearl, Becca backlight or firstlight, Touch in sol no pore problem, or MAC prep and prime. I’m currently loving the OH banana primer I received in my Sephora gratis box but would like to have an alternative. Thank you!

Re: Primer suggestions please!

One more suggestion, @faeriegirl -- CT Wonderglow. I got it as a promo a while ago, and definitely like it. It reminds me a lot of Becca Backlight Primer.

Thank you @ABC345!

I love Becca Backlight Primer! It gives me that lit from within look, and blurs imperfections. I tried the First Light one as well, it's fine, but I prefer Backlight. Both of these will be half price at Ulta on Thursday.

We're so glad you love your BECCA Backlight Priming Filter! Thanks for being a #BECCABeauty! xo

Thank you @ABC345!

@faeriegirl you said combo, so I'm going to recommend one not on your list. It's great for an oily t zone. I hated porefessional because it filled in the pores but you could completely see each pore with the filling. I love the Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer Standard Size - 1 oz/ 30 mL

There's a DS for 100 points in the rewards bazaar. Give it a shot. I was shocked at how well it blurred my pores. I thought "blurs imperfections" was just an ad line but wasn't real. It is with this.

Thank you so much @sprocketta!

@faeriegirl I Have tried TOUCH IN SOL - No Poreblem Primer and MAC Prep and Prime Visage which i both love.  

For the Touch in Sol i found it worked best when i mixed it with the Fenty primer  

At the moment I love Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat Blur Face Primer Blur Primer Gold

I have tried Benefit and Becca as samples and I didn’t like the way it looked on my skin. 

Thank you @SportyGirly125!

@faeriegirl 

What’s your skin type? Any skin concerns?

@gonerogue I have combo/sensitive skin. The main concern I have is covering fine lines.

@faeriegirl 

Have you tried Tatcha The Silk Canvas Protective Primer 0.7 oz/ 20 g? It’s honeslty one of the best primers I have ever tried because of how it smooths everything out and keeps my t zone in control. I don’t struggle with fine lines but since this is a very smoothing primer, I would imagine it would help with your concern. I also have the TOUCH IN SOL - No Poreblem Primerand would still recommend Silk Canvas over this just because Silk Canvas not only smooths but it also helps my makeup stay in place all day.

I haven’t tried Tatcha @gonerogue. I will definitely look in to it! Thank you!

13 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 12 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing