Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Pat McGrath Skin Fetish NYC Sephora Pro Experience

Hi friends!  I have some more info on the new PMG release because I was lucky enough to attend the Pat McGrath Skin Fetish launch event for some of the Sephora Pros yesterday in the Flatiron District in NYC.  There were just 5 of us a honestly it was incredible.  I don't have any pics of the swatches (we were a little unsure if photos were ok at first) but I have loads of the incredible display!  For swatches, please check out the PMG thread here: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Brand-Loyal/THE-PAT-McGRATH-THREAD/m-p/2418816#M21460 

It was at a lovely boutique hotel across the street from Madison Square Park.  We were able to test the products (the palette, all 3 sticks and 2 of the balms) and chatted with the MUAs who brought out 4 models, each with a variation of that signature Pat glow.

Look at them!!Look at them!!

Then Mother herself came out!  I hope my ghost is doing a good job writing because I died.  The chat was so informal and casual I didn't want to ruin the vibe by taking a million photos.  The way Pat and her team spoke with the Sephora team, you could tell that it's a relationship heavily valued on both sides.  The Sephora Pro team brought her a birthday gift!  The sweetest! IMG_7217.jpg

IMG_7220.jpg

IMG_7218.jpg

Launch details courtesy of the lovely @KatieBT:

• 6/18 - 6/27: Palette Rouge Preview
  • 6/21 - 6/27: Palette VIB Preview
  • 6/28: All Collection available to all 

Skin Fetish Deets! The brush is based on the original from the 003 Lab release but elevated.  It's softer, no shedding and beautiful.  The palette is the same incredible quality we're used to from the 003 Lab release plus the new shade, Bronze Nectar 003.  *Mother tip! use all 3 for a lit from within glow she likes to call Golden Honey.  

The most surreal thing happened, while one of the MUAs (I can't remember her name, I'm sorry!) applied the Bronze Nectar highlight to my face while chatting about BIC (don't worry, I made sure to tell her how much we love and adore Pat and all her products!) Mother took over!  I KNOW!  I died again and my ghost was highlighted to the gods.  I have a video but I can't figure out how to share it here.  In the mean time, here is a screenshot of Mother explaining how to roll or dab the product on to get a fingerprint of the color (and blend.  Always blend)

Image-1.jpg

We chatted some more and everyone took a pic with Mother, here's mine!

My new driver's license.My new driver's license.

Here are the important details: Mother smells wonderful.  She's a hugger and cusses just the right amount. Her skin is FLAWless.  Everyone on her team is a dreamboat and a sweetheart.  We were all gifted the palette, the balm of our choice (I went with Bronze since I'm clearly obsessed!) and the brush which was beyond generous!  

A million thank yous to the BIC team who have been working their buns off getting new and cool experiences for us and to Pat and her team.  They were so kind and sweet, even to a rando like me. I can't speak about the Sephora community without smiling like an idiot.  The people and experiences it has brought into my life are incredible.  Please let me know if you have any questions!  I'm going to do some comparison swatches and post below! 

Re: Pat McGrath Skin Fetish NYC Sephora Pro Experience

Hi friends!  I had to step away from BIC for some family stuff for a few days but I'm back and I wanted to say thank you all for the kind words!  I really wanted to share the experience as much as possible.  I deeply appreciate all the kind words and I'm sorry I haven't had a chance to comment directly to all of you!

RE: Pat McGrath Skin Fetish NYC Sephora Pro Experience

@michelleshops I would’ve died too when being at the launch, seeing mother, and having her do my makeup. Congrats on a lifetime experience

@michelleshops wow what an incredible experience! Thank you for sharing all the details of your Pat McGrath experience. It sounds like it was quite the event 🙂

Wow!  This seriously sounds like the most amazing event, @michelleshops!  Thank you for sharing your experience with us! ❤️

@michelleshops  What a fabulous experience for you. I’m so glad you had a great time. Thank you for all the pictures and swatches ❤️  Think you pushed me over into the BUY column!

Finally could both (a) sign in; and (b) find this thread again after seeing it yesterday!  OMG, I'm so amazed at this experience you got through BIC!  Nothing cool seems to happen in Denver (hint, hint, lol)!  So thrilled for you and thanks for sharing.  Wonderful, wonderful!  @michelleshops

I know we're all excited to pick these products up so wanted to let you know that I just found out about the launch timing. 

Updates on timing from the brand: 

• 6/18 - 6/27: Palette Rouge Preview
  • 6/21 - 6/27: Palette VIB Preview
  • 6/28: All Collection available to all 

@michelleshops do you mind editing your post and swapping out with the new dates? 

Updated!  Thank you for getting the correct info @KatieBT

Hi @michelleshops,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share this with us! I felt like I was at the event with you just from reading your post. I'm glad to hear that you had an amazing time. I'm loving your selfie with Pat! You both look absolutely stunning. 🙂

Best Regards,

❤️ Raquel 

RE: Pat McGrath Skin Fetish NYC Sephora Pro Experience

As promised: my haul & swatches! I’m posting through the app so I apologize if things are out of order. Thoughts: powder highlighters are the same as 003 except maybe a tiny bit more subtle when first applied but can be easily built up to megawatt status. Bronze Nectar feels a little drier in the pan than the others. Balm feels a little less glossy than the original which is an improvement to me. It wears so easily and doesn’t feel gloppy and sticky. Cream highlight is the same texture as the originals. It can be muted down with the balm quite easily. Everything is made to go together and you can pile it on without it getting cakey, stick or streaky. Pat put everything on me and it didn’t feel gross or heavy at all! Middle pic is the Bronze highlight, it blended with the balm, Golden highlight, it blended with the balm. Next are the powder highlights, top is original Fine Gold, palette version, original Iridescent Pink, palette version, last is Bronze Nectar. The last pic is the 003 Lab versions next to the new packaging. The palette is the same as the MTHRSHP palettes. The highlight stick packaging is leaps and bounds more luxurious than the Lab version. It’s a gorgeous white lacquer with a nice weight to it and impeccable details. If anyone wants to see something else, please let me know!

Re: RE: Pat McGrath Skin Fetish NYC Sephora Pro Experience

Beautiful! @michelleshops

@michelleshops, thank you for your haul and swatch pictures!  The highlighters look beautiful!

Thanks for the swatches, @michelleshops! Fine Gold and Iridescent Pink both look so pretty! 

@michelleshops the FOMO is real!! I'm so glad you were able to make it and meet MOTHER.

Thank you @LexBT!  It was so surreal.  I'm still floating on air from it 🙂

I forgot to share the most intriguing part: Mother's pic tips!  Use the kirakira app to really capture the gleam and bling ($.99USD in the App store.  Not sponsored).  Use the Snapchat filters for pics but post them on IG (clever Mother).  Have someone take the pics from way up high so you look like a wee angel and always know your best angles!

@michelleshops lol wee angel, I love it!

@michelleshops This is such a great overview, thank you for sharing!! I know you probably wanted to be in the moment and not snap every moment but these photos are great; it’s like we were there with you! 

Love the photo of you and Mother and my jaw dropped when you mentioned that she actually aplied your highlight! If I were you I would never wash that half of my face again 😄 

I am so intrigued by these products, can’t wait to see swatches!

I wore my makeup way later than I normally would @KatieBT and I checked myself out in every window I passed.  I also contemplated sleeping on my back for the rest of my life but my skin would never forgive me!

Ahhh so cool!  Thanks for sharing @michelleshops

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos10
  • Look at them!!
  • IMG_7217.jpg
  • IMG_7220.jpg
  • IMG_7218.jpg
  • My new driver's license.
  • Image-1.jpg
testing