cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|
Anonymous Insider

New!!!!

Looking for an entirely new set of makeup. Already have highlighter, but I'm looking for foundation, setting powder, contouring pallet (cream or powder, as long as powder doesn't look cake-y), mascara, blush, eyeshadow, possibly eyeliner, lip liner, brow pencil and lipstick. I need foundation that can stand dancing for an extended period of time at a wedding. I didn't have a good experience using Urban Decay foundation- so I'm probably not going to buy anything by them. 

Thanks! 

RE: New!!!!

Foundation / Luminous Skill or Dior Forever (Drug store - wet n wild photo focus!!!) Concealer / Nars Creamy Radiant Concealer (Maybeline Age Rewind is fantastic!!) Setting powder/ bronze / blush HOURGLASS!!!! Hourglass powders are next level. Formulas are unmatched and price point is worth it!!! Setting spray - Elf from the drug store!!!!!!! I bought cover fx spray, the pump is a fine mist. But I didn't want to spend $45 on the replacement as I'm go through it so fast. Now I just buy the $5 Elf spray and pour in into the cover fx bottle which has a 10000 times superior pump!! 😇 😘😉

Re: New!!!!

Here are my recommendations 🙂 I hope they help!

Foundation : Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk foundation if you have dry skin and Estee Double Wear or the YSL one.

Setting powder : Cover FX if you have dry skin and Laura Mercier for oily skin.

Mascara : Make Up Forever Excessive Lash

Blush : Tarte ❤️ they are so great! My favorite is Partaaaay (neutral)

Eye liner : Stilla Stay All Day liquid eye liner or Marc Jacobs pencil liner

Brow pencil : ABH Brow Wiz, but the NYX micro brow is the same but like half the price (not sold at Sephora though)

Lip liner : Bite has great lip liners that are super comfortable and so does Make Up Forever Aqua Lip.

Lip stick : Bite has the most comfortable lip sticks and ABH matte lip sticks last really really well.

Anything from the Bare Minerals line is good, but the original line (foundation) is great for all day coverage.  I start with Dr. Jart premium bb balm, then light covering of the BM original foundation. I use blush, bronzer and finishing powder from Hourglass palette (the new one I haven't received yet).  BM eyeshadows are great and the new  BM Bare Natural eye palette is great.  I use Diorshow waterproof mascara because it gives a natural, full lash that doesn't flake.  For eyebrows I use Anastasia line or the brow pencil from IT product line.  I love Dior Addict lip maximizer for lip base, and then different lipgloss (Nars have nice ones). I have combination skin and the BM foundation and Hourglass palette last all day with no change or fading in color.  I hope this helps.

Foundation: I recommend trying the FENTY Profiltr Foundation. I personally have very oily skin that is difficult to tame. I live by my Estée Lauder Double Wear Foundation, but it can get cakey if you are not careful. It leans full coverage. That's why I am so happy with the FENTY foundation because it is a soft matte that dries down. It won't move much and will look really nice throughout the day or when dancing. I recommend getting some samples to find your match. The Too Faced Born This Way Foundation is very nice, however I can only wear it with setting powder or it won't hold up on my oily skin. It will all depend on your skin type. If you have normal to dry skin, the Too Faced will work for you. Eyes: I love any of the Urban Decay palettes. I currently live for my Morphe Jaclyn Hill Palette. Setting Powder: If you don't want to break the bank, the RCMA translucent setting powder is awesome! It's like 12 bucks online. Or you can get the Laura Mercier Translucent setting powder, Dermablend Setting Translucent Setting Powder, or theBareminerals Mineral Veil. For a splurge, get an Hourglass Ambient Lighting powder. Mascara: I love the Benefit They're Real Mascara. Brows: I'm a natural brow kind of gal, so I recommend any brow product from Benefit or Anastasia. I prefer the thin brow pencils, a pomade, or brow gel. If you can afford all three, even better! If I had to choose one, I would pick a thin brow pencil because my brows are not too thick and have some sparse areas. If you have full brows, just get a brow gel and call it a day. Lips: I love BITE Beauty lip products because they are made with natural ingredients. Some do not last long but that isn't an issue for me. It's not hard to reapply lipstick lol. If you want long lasting and don't mind matte lipsticks, I recommend Too Faced matte liquid lipsticks or Kat Von D liquid lipsticks. If you want a matte lipstick, splurge and get a Pat McGrath Matte Trance lipstick. NARS lipsticks are amazing as well! Honestly, there are too many lipstick to narrow down.

Oh btw the benefit brow pencil is my go to.

I too started with urban decay and did not like it. Estée Lauder double wear will last you all day and not get too oily. I also love the Lancôme 24 hour wear. Urban decay has a velvetizer setting powder you can mix into your foundation to make it more matte. I use this every single day. It helps keep the face more matte. I love the cover fx setting spray and my hourglass mineral veil primer. My makeup forever extravagant mascara has been my number 1 mascara for many many years. Not willing to try anything else. Hope that helps

Well pending on the type of skin you have Born this Way from too face is really great. I just started on a "new" make up too. Got a sample and used it for a few days. I like the glow..its med.coverage, but the G.Armani has been well talked about. I set it with Bareminerals powder. My new go to eye platelet is the ABH Modern R. Concealer liquid Nars I just got it today, super excited to try it. Thats as far as I have gotten with my over haul. lol

7 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing