Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Makeup Is Life

New Urban Decay Black Market 24/7 Eyeliner Set Swatches/Comparisons

Urban Decay has released a new 24/7 eyeliner set with 6 liners in the .03 oz. size (full size is .04 oz.). The set says it has five "new" shades, though you will see from my swatch comparisons, that the shades aren't really new, just a smidge different from ones they have previously released. And when I say smidge, I mean nearly identical.

The set contains:

West-  dark brown pearl  (may as well be Corrupt)

Desperation- deep taupe-gray matte (no dupe that I could find)

Black Market- charcoal black satin (identical to Smoke)

Riot- smoky gray matte with violet and fuchsia micro-sparkle (a sparkly Empire)

Apathy- metallic olive green shimmer (may as well be Mildew)

Ink- deep navy blue satin (may as well be Binge)

UD Black Market set.JPGUD Black Market comparisons.jpg

Re: New Urban Decay Black Market 24/7 Eyeliner Set Swatches/Comparisons

They are not sheerer or duller, even if the pic looks that way.

If I wore the previously released version on one eye and the new version on the other eye, no one would even know. That is how similar the colors are.

Very sneaky, Urban Decay...

Hmmm this is interesting. I was excited but I do already own smoke and empire, can't remember if i have corrupt but i prefer that over the West shade. though INK is gorgeous i don't necessarily wear blue liner much. I may be able to pass

Thanks for doing this! I've been so curious ever since it showed up in my Ulta mailer this week. I like the idea of the travel set, but I doubt I would ever use most of them. I have the latest travel set with Zero, Desperation and & Rockstar. They are my first UD liners and I love them. I would get this new set if the blue liner was Sabbath, which is a dark navy blue. The Ink color here looks like a much more bright cobalt.

Thanks again!

Temptalia just posted swatches and a review for this - says Stray Dog is a possible (lighter) dupe for Desperation?  I don't have Stray Dog, so can't say.

I definitely wanted theses! Glad to know I own most of these shades already before buying a set thinking I was getting something new. The one I would want is Ink cuz I don't have binge and it looks like it's a richer tone.

I am wearing ink today, and I must say that the color payoff is much nicer than it is with Binge. Ink is deeper and less sheer (though when you put on a few layers of Binge you can achieve the same look.)

Thanks a bunch for posting these swatches and comparisons!  

Thanks for posting this. I have a lot of their liners and was thinking about getting this, but guess I already have all of the similar colors and don't need to. But it looks like a great set for people just getting into UD liners.

Conversation Stats
Photos2
  • UD Black Market set.JPG
  • UD Black Market comparisons.jpg