Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Need your help - Which palettes to keep?

I went bit overboard with the sale  😐 and now not able to decide which one to keep. I haven;t opened any yet since I don't return if I open something. Please help!!!

1. ABH Soft Glam Anastasia Beverly Hills Soft Glam Eyeshadow Palette

2. Urban Decay Naked Palette

3. Viseart Matt Warm Neutral (not able to link the exact palette here) Viseart Eyeshadow Palette 01 Neutral Matte

4. Viseart Golden Hour VISEART - Golden Eyeshadow Palette

5. Viseart Petite Pro 2 Viseart Petit PRO 2 Eyeshadow Palette 0.28 oz/ 8 g

I would like to keep 2 from these since I am just venturing into eye makeup and these will be my first palette. I am inclined to keep the ABH soft Glam as it was most recommended one. 

RE: Need your help - Which palettes to keep?

Here are my trials with ABH SoftGlam (cross posting from another thread) @kelllllyyyyy Trial with shimmers was in low/bad lighting. I might need to get a diff brush for shimmery shades maybe.

Re: RE: Need your help - Which palettes to keep?

@naturalooks15 You can also use your fingers to apply the shimmer shades or spray your brush with Fix+

Re: RE: Need your help - Which palettes to keep?

@naturalooks15 I think the shimmer shade looks great!

Re: Need your help - Which palettes to keep?

I laughed out loud at "overboard on the sale" :). Good for you for taking a breather and actually doing something about it! 

My gut reaction is definitely keep soft glam and definitely lose the UD naked palette. Sounds like there's a consensus about that.

Out of the VISEART palettes, I would simplify the decision and keep the Golden hour palette just because it's the most different from soft glam. Or the petit pro..? whichever you're feeling more, it's really just a matter of your own taste.

let's post some pics of your makeup looks!

So Soft Glam is a keeper. I opened it so then I am keeping it 🙂

@kelllllyyyyy Yes, I need to get a reality check as I have done eyes like twice this year (once was in a Sephora class) LOL. I bought boat loads of skin care which I don't feel bad about because I use it everyday, Hourglass unlocked & Pat Mcgrath mini trio lips both (Still not opened and thinking which ones of these to keep), few other skincare things but these palettes were mostly impulse purchases.

@naturalooks15 those palettes can be so tempting right? it's like, look at all the colors, such a great deal! I was actually *this* close to buying the hourglass palette, bc I was interested in one of the powders and one of the blushes, but got a reality check when I thought, well, that's still eighty dollars. (It is a great palette though. I just bought a different blush, and a different powder.)

@kelllllyyyyy Yup, my excuse was that I don’t have anything other than the rewards bazaar duo of Nars Laguna/orgasm (been using an old nuetragena blush/Bronx combo forever) so this is a good investment. 

Looks like you grabbed some good stuff! If I were you, I would keep the soft glam for sure. The naked palette was once a holy grail, but I think that there has been a lot of innovation when it comes to formulas etc since it’s initial release, that you probably don’t need it now. I personally would keep the Petite Pro, because the quality is good, plus the colors are reminiscent of the Modern Renaissance palette, and you’d probably get a lot of use out of it! 

@cianni Soft Glam seems to be the winner. Thanks for the suggestion on Petite Pro. Maybe I'll go into the store to see the real colors as I didn't find swatches for that on Sephora website. 

@naturalooks15 I would keep #1 and #2.  Viseart is pretty expensive for a first palette even though it has great pigmentation but the colors are dupable.

Viseart is on sale today and I was able to get it on discount hence the dilemma !! 😐

@naturalooks15 I owned 2 of their palettes one being the warm palette you got but for some reason I never grabbed them to use on a daily.

@SportyGirly125 This is helpful to hear. I am almost certain of keeping the Soft Glam but was thinking if instead of UD Naked, keep a smaller Viseart one which has combo of shimmer & matt. I know that they are much smaller than UD though. 

@naturalooks15 If you wanted a good palette that has shimmer and mattes, I highly recommend URBAN DECAY - Born To Run Eyeshadow Palette.  You can do a lot of looks with it from day to night to natural to smokey.

@SportyGirly125 Will look into Born to Run. Had not heard much about it until I saw few posts from you and another person on this one here last week. Thanks for the suggestions.

15 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 15 replies
  • 24 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
Photos2
testing