cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Need hardcore coverup for cherry angioma

Hi all!

I have a HUGE bright red cherry angioma on my nose of all places. It showed up when I got pregnant a few years ago and has just gotten redder and angrier. I tried to have to treated by a dermatologist but it didn't work and it appears I'm stuck with this huge bright red spot.

I'm looking for serious hardcore concealer that can cover things up and lasts all day. It's really affecting my confidence levels. I'm not that great at makeup in general so any suggestions for products and techniques would be so appreciated.

IMG_6612.jpg

Re: Need hardcore coverup for cherry angioma

@SuziBN have you tried the NARS Soft Matte Complete Concealer?  It's a little thicker but smooths out nicely and has great coverage.

Hi, @SuziBN !  I recommend Dermablend Cover Care Full Coverage Concealer available at Ulta.  Dermablend is known for being able to cover tattoos, birth marks, etc.  I'd also set it with a powder too to be on the safe side.

Thanks so much!

@SuziBN Bummer the Dermatologist didn't manage to eliminate it.  I'd personally go back to them and get them to try another method. But if you're looking for a more cosmetic solution I'd suggest a two fold approach.  First I'd use a green colour corrector.  One with a wand will likely be easiest to use for such a small area.  Lancome makes a green colour corrector as does Givenchy Prisme Libre Skin-Caring Corrector Green .  I'm sure there are lots of drug store versions as well.  I'd pop a small dot on the spot, let it sit for a minute or two then tap it in with your finger without moving it around too much.  Then I'd go in with a concealer.  If you're not wearing foundation or other base make up, you'll want to try to find one that matches your skin tone really well.  I'd use what I'd call a thicker concealer like the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer , apply a touch over the colour corrector and blend out the edges of the concealer into your skin.  Once you're blended I'd use a translucent powder with a puff to set the make up.  

Good Luck and I hope you find something that makes you feel confidant! 

I'm going back for another treatment but the dermatologist can't see me until August (!!!). I've called so many places. Anyway, thank you for the detailed answer and suggestions, I truly appreciate it.

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
Photos1
  • IMG_6612.jpg
testing