Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

My face becomes so oily throughout the day

I have combo skin, and right now i’m Have Born this way foundation from Too Faced,  for primer i use cover fx mattifying and acne treatment. I also use hourglass ambient powder. I tried using a setting powder but it makes my skin look so dry. Throughout the day, my foundation and concealer gets very oily and feels heavy on my face. I’ve tried so many different primers, from hydrating to matte. I use Too Faced born this way hangover setting spray, any advice? I’m not very good at makeup, trying to get better.

Smashbox foundation mixed with aloe vera gel. Then I use elf translucent powder, and do my blush and bronzer. I work outside and my skin gets oily in the summer, my makeup stays the same as when I applied it all day.

@marielrosexoxo what I do, apply foundation, then setting powder, setting spray, wait for it to dry, then bronzer and blush and highlight then finishing powder then spray again. some people spray setting powder after bronzer and blush

Re: My face becomes so oily throughout the day

Consider giving Urban Decay De-Slick Oil-Control Makeup Setting Spray 4 oz/ 118 mLa try! I have the same problem with my combination skin and I've found this to help with it sooo much.

Re: My face becomes so oily throughout the day

I also use Too Faced Hangover Replenishing Face Primer 1.35 oz/ 40 mLunder whatever foundation I'm wearing and it's never exacerbated my oiliness. A primer that has always seemed to dry out my skin a little no matter what I wear over it is Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer Standard Size - 1 oz/ 30 mLYou might be a bit oiler than me allover (I have combination skin), so this could potentially help your skin, might be worth it to ask for a free sample to try next time you're in a store!

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing