From makeovers to personalized skincare consultations

Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life

My Luminous Love Affair with YSL's All Hours Foundation – A Fun & Honest Review!

Hey, beauty lovers! Today, I'm excited to share my thoughts on the #YvesSaintLaurent All Hours Foundation, which claims to deliver 24 hours of luminous matte full coverage. Full disclosure: I received this product as a free sample, but as always, my opinions are 100% honest and my own

First off, let's talk about the scent. I personally adore it, but if you're sensitive to fragrances, beware! This foundation's aroma might be a bit overwhelming for some.

Now, onto the application! This foundation glides onto the skin like an absolute dream, feeling weightless and luxurious. It's perfect for my combo-oily skin friends who have steered clear of luminous products in the past. Fear no more! This foundation leaves your skin with a gorgeous luminous matte finish, and your skin will feel hydrated without looking greasy or oily.

When it comes to coverage, I'd say it's a buildable full coverage, giving you the power to customize your look depending on your mood or the occasion. But let's address those big claims: "transfer-proof, waterproof, and heat resistant." I can confirm that this foundation is indeed waterproof, but my experience with it being transfer-proof was, well, not so great. There could be many factors affecting this, like the primer or setting powder used. It's frustrating that brands don't always provide details on how the skin was prepped or what products were used to support their claims. Aren't we all longing for a truly transfer-proof foundation? As for the heat resistance, I'll have to wait until summer to see how it holds up.

Now, let's discuss the elephant in the room: the color range. With 40 shades available, only 9 of them cater to people with darker complexions. My shade, DN5, is a tad too dark for me, but the lighter option would be way too light. YSL, we need you to do better with your shade range!

Overall, I love the foundation's performance, but I'm hesitant to repurchase as it would require buying two different shades to get my perfect color match.

So, my fabulous friends, that's my take on YSL's All Hours Foundation! If you can find your perfect shade and are not sensitive to scents, give it a go and embrace that luminous matte magic! 💫

Conversation Stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 1 Contributors
testing