Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Monthly Misses: May 2020

Inspired by the Monthly Favorites thread, this is a place for us to share what products missed the mark for us this May.  Maybe it was something new to you, or a product that wasn't effective as it used to be.  

4 Beauty Products You Should Throw Out Immediately | Real Simple

Re: Monthly Misses: May 2020

@greeneyedgirl107 

Great thread idea! I love AMIKA - The Shield Anti-Humidity Spray and Heat Protectant however I use it as a heat protectant. 

Major misses: 

FARMACY - HONEYMOON GLOW AHA Resurfacing Night Serum with Hydrating Honey + Gentle Flower Acids Big no. From the overwhelming scent to the insta-break outs. 
SHANI DARDEN SKIN CARE - Cleansing Serum April purchase but including here. I’ve never used a cleanser that made my face feel dirty until this one. I can’t wait to return it. 
Drunk Elephant Sweet Pitti™ Deodorant Cream 2.0 oz/ 60 mL Just a big no for me. I’ll stick to my Routine Cream. 

Re: Monthly Misses: May 2020

@GG84 Thanks for weighing in on the Amika.  I was thinking of using it as a heat protectant.  So, now that you mentioned it I will give it a go!

I'm sorry the Shani Darden and DE didn't work out for you.  I remember you expressing excitement over SD coming to Sephora, and the new DE product.  What a letdown.  

Too bad about the Farmacy!  This IS a major miss.  I hope your skin has since recovered from the breakout.  Oh my!

106 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos9
  • Such a pretty looking group of nope.
  • B0059ACE-AA0D-4F26-B51D-15E9D2E0FD2D.jpeg
  • GUEST_27e72c9b-cd1b-4b37-8d54-13ae574dbc77.jpg
  • Annotation 2020-05-27 143740.jpg
  • 20200528_143149.jpg
  • 20200528_143017.jpg
  • 20200527_133433.jpg
testing