Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Monthly Misses: June 2020

This is a counterpart to the Monthly Favorites thread.  Since this seemed to be productive in May, I thought it might be a good idea to try this thread out for the month of June.  Did you try any products that just didn't "wow" you?  This is a place for us to discuss such items, or maybe even troubleshoot product issues.

Best Drugstore Makeup 2020 - Budget-Friendly Beauty Products

Re: Monthly Misses: June 2020

I tagged the incorrect item @greeneyedgirl107. I used Briogeo Be Gentle, Be Kind™ Avocado + Kiwi Mega Moisture Superfoods Hair Mask 8.0 oz/ 240 mL. That is the correct item. Sorry about that. Sorry that you had a bad experience with it.

@Loretta55 Thanks for clarifying 🙂

Great idea @greeneyedgirl107 ! I have two misses this month- PATRICK TA Major Brow Shaping Wax Tinted and Natasha Denona Bronze Face Glow Palette. The Patrick Ta brow wax just didn’t hold up my brow hairs for very long. I ended up buying the Makeup Revolution wax and it works much better for me. The ND Bronze palette just didn’t do enough for me. I liked the blush but the rest left me wanting.

What a bummer!! @makeitup305 

Sorry about the Patrick Ta Brow Wax @makeitup305 . I remember that you were talking about how much you were looking forward to trying it. Well everything can now be a favorite.

Sorry, I meant to say that everything we try can not be a favorite.

20200628_131526~2.jpg

Spoiler

I didn't care much for the fab priming moisturizer either @haleyvvvv 😬

Same @lmaster @haleyvvvv 

It is truly terrible IMO, @lmaster.

@haleyvvvv Sorry there were so many misses for you in June!  That VERB - Sea Texture Creamsounded like it would be good!

No worries, @greeneyedgirl107!! I go through deluxe minis fairly quickly and am pretty judge-y, plus now I know I don't like these items.

@greeneyedgirl107  I think it’s such a useful thread. Thank you for starting it. For me this month the biggest misses are some cult favorites: SUMMER FRIDAYS - Jet Lag Mask and KORA Organics Noni Bright 12% Vitamin C Serum 1 oz / 30 mL. I know these products get a lot of praise and I’m sure deservingly so. But for me personally neither worked out albeit for different reasons. I’m glad these were samples and not full sizes given the price point. The jet lag mask is just sooo thick and “buttery”. I almost felt claustrophobic    having this “shield” on my face. It was uneasy to remove too. I used it twice. The results....nothing to write home about. I guess I can get that hydration from other masks that I find much more pleasant. Kora vitamin C serum might be great in terms of effects (I would not know since I only used it once and threw away the rest), but I hated the feeling of extreme tightness and stickiness. I found a few other vitamin C serums that work very well for me without making my skin so uncomfortable. The good thing is I found a number of great products this month but it’s for another thread 😊

My monthly miss for June is IT COSMETICS - Superhero Elastic Stretch Volumizing and Lengthening Mascara - Super Black This turned out to be a sloppy mess for me. The stick on the wand was too long for my liking and it ended up clumpy the second time I tried it.

34 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 34 replies
  • 207 Hearts Given
  • 12 Contributors
Photos1
  • 20200628_131526~2.jpg
testing