Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Monthly Misses: June 2020

This is a counterpart to the Monthly Favorites thread.  Since this seemed to be productive in May, I thought it might be a good idea to try this thread out for the month of June.  Did you try any products that just didn't "wow" you?  This is a place for us to discuss such items, or maybe even troubleshoot product issues.

Best Drugstore Makeup 2020 - Budget-Friendly Beauty Products

Re: Monthly Misses: June 2020

I know it's July lol but I'm adding it here so I don't forget @greeneyedgirl107 MILK MAKEUP Watermelon Brightening Face Mask 1 oz/ 30 g terrible beyond words! The actual product was dried a bit and when I twisted it up a chunk was stuck to the clear lid and it was very hard to apply 😣 im having terrible experiences with milk makeup skincare for sure!

June was pretty good, my "miss" is that I missed the size on the 100 pt Dior Show Backstage Primer.  It is ttttinnnyyyy.  Should have checked before redemption. 

I have found that to be the truth soooo much lately, they’re shrinking! Lol

I think I have just one for June. Strangely, I thoroughly enjoyed the GWP of MARC JACOBS BEAUTY - At Lash’d Lengthening and Curling Mascara however when I ordered the Full Size it was a completely different story. Full Size = Clumpy, stuck together, flakey lashes. GWP = lengthened, fluttery, flake free lashes. 
It was certainly strange. 

@GG84 I've found this to be true with other brands as well! So odd 

@lmaster 

Incredibly strange! 

What a bummer, @GG84!  The wand looks really nice on it but that's too bad that it didn't perform well.

I can not say that I had any misses for the month of June @greeneyedgirl107 . If I can remember any I will post.

@Loretta55 Then you had a good month!  🙂

Still need to try the Briogeo products that I received earlier in the week @greeneyedgirl107. Overall I had a good June. I still need to compile my favorites.

I didn't think I had a monthly miss for June, then I remembered that I tried Briogeo Be Gentle, Be Kind™ Avocado + Kiwi Mega Moisture Superfoods Hair Mask 8.0 oz/ 240 mL.  I posted a detailed analysis based on my first impressions on the masking challenge thread.  Basically, I liked the texture and how it detangled my hair.  However, my daily conditioner makes my hair look sleeker/smoother and feel softer.  I guess I shouldn't have bought into the hype.  I hope it works for others on BIC, though.  Since it's a GWP, I expect to read some more input 🙂

I tried the new Briogeo Be Gentle, Be Kind™ Avocado + Kiwi Mega Moisture Superfoods Hair Mask 8.0 oz/ 240 mL and I have to say my experience was different! I loved it! I don't know if I found the mask did much for the overall health of my hair, but I noticed my frizz was much less, and my hair was incredibly soft, much softer than any other conditioner or mask I've used. And I loved the scent! I'm very sensitive to scents, and this one didn't bother me, and it was very nice. 

I will be trying that mask over the weekend @greeneyedgirl107. I purchased mine from Briogeo direct. I hope that my results will be positive.

@Loretta55 Looking forward to hearing about it!

I tag you once I review it @greeneyedgirl107 .

@Loretta55 me too! I saw Kathleen Lights talk about it and was interested. I really enjoyed DEVACURL - Melt into Moisture Matcha Butter Conditioning Mask but ever since the whole debacle I'm hesitant to repurchase.

I feel the same way @makeitup305. I am done with DevaCurl products.

I am happy to report that Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair!™ Deep Conditioning Hair Mask 8 oz/ 237 mL is now my go to hair mask @greeneyedgirl107 @makeitup305. The scent is divine. My hair feels so soft and is shiny. This will be a repurchase.

@Loretta55 oh good to know! I’ve been using the Not Your Mother’s Apple Blossom mask and that one’s pretty nice too! Once I’m done with that one I might give the Briogeo a shot, thanks!

Conversation Stats
  • 34 replies
  • 207 Hearts Given
  • 12 Contributors
Photos1
  • 20200628_131526~2.jpg
testing