Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Makeup remover

I am looking for a makeup remover that isn’t outrageously expensive but removes makeup. I currently am using just the simple brand makeup remover from target and I still have makeup on after using it. 

Re: Makeup remover

@bball3316 I use Bioderma Sensibio H2O and then MAC wipes to take off my makeup. 

@bball3316 I like double cleansing, with first massaging an oil cleanser or balm (a little goes a long way, melted between fingers first) onto dry skin to remove makeup and sunscreen, add water and massage to emulsify, then follow with your regular cleanser to wash it all away. I find that using wipes / cotton rounds are more wasteful and too rough for my skin but I did include a micellar water rec. 

Some oil cleansers / balms:

CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm Makeup Remover 3.8 oz/ 125 mL

The Ordinary Squalane Cleanser - balm in a tube!

Hada Labo Gokujyun Makeup Removing Cleansing Oil

BANILA CO Clean It Zero Cleansing Balm Original - contains fragrance

Tatcha The Camellia Oil 2-in-1 Makeup Remover & Cleanser 5.1 oz/ 150 mL - Could be used as a 2 in 1 oil cleanser and regular cleanser since I find that it doesn't leave a film after use

Micellar water:

Bioderma Sensibio H2O

@bball3316  I have super sensitive skin and I really like TATCHA - The Deep Cleanse Exfoliating Cleanser

and Tatcha The Camellia Oil 2-in-1 Makeup Remover & Cleanser 5.1 oz/ 150 mL

both remove all makeup and leave my skin feeling smooth and calm. 

@bball3316 I like the Sephora Collection cleansing wipes and the SEPHORA COLLECTION Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover 4.2 oz / 125 mL

Makeup remover

Are you double cleansing? First step is to remove makeup, second step is to wash your face. I use the sephora brand supreme cleansing oil first and then any cleanser I have on hand, sephora brand are great, philosophy purity, fresh soy cleansers, even cetaphil or Cerave from the drugstore.

Hi @bball3316,

I highly recommend the Farmacy Green Clean Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm. I personally have pretty sensitive skin and this one leaves my skin hydrated and melts away all of my make up. The standard size also lasts a long time as a little bit goes a long way!

https://www.sephora.com/product/green-clean-makeup-meltaway-cleansing-balm-P417238?icid2=products%20...

❤️ Melissa

@bball3316 @melissabt @CookieGirl1 

I also recommend the Farmacy.  I love it and it doesn't cause breakouts.  Sephora makes a nice eye makeup remover as well.

@bball3316 @melissabt totally second the Farmacy.  I just recently started using it myself--my first foray into cleansing balms--and while it took a time or two to get used to using a balm, I really like it now!  It leaves my skin feeling so clean and it smells absolutely amazing--like a sweet lime candy scent :).

@CookieGirl1,

I am glad that you enjoy it! It totally smells like that:) The scent reminds me of my favorite lime sherbet ice cream, it is the best.

❤️ Melissa

I have sensitive skin, CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm Makeup Remover 3.8 oz/ 125 mL

has been fine, my stubborn spf comes off. Personally, I don't like wipes, too much for my skin, as it's a form of exfoliation. Or a makeup eraser, I have the Sephora version, but can be too much if used daily.

@bball3316 

@bball3316 

If you’re open to makeup removing wipes, I would recommend you check out SEPHORA COLLECTION - Cleansing & Exfoliating Wipesor Neautrogena’s makeup removing wipes (found at drugstores and Ulta).

If those are still too pricey, you can try CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Makeup Remover For Lids, Lashes & Lips 4.2 oz/ 125 mL

or CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm Makeup Remover 3.8 oz/ 125 mL

as they come in pretty big sizes and will last you quite a long time. If Clinique is out of your price range, I would suggest you check out Garnier’s Micellar Water as that is pretty good at removing makeup and it’s a very cost friendly product.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any more questions and I’ll be more than happy to help 😉

I am open to makeup wipes I just want something that will remove the makeup and is geared towards sensitive skin. 

13 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 13 Hearts Given
  • 11 Contributors
testing