Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Makeup must haves for MTF?

Been crossdressing for a while but always paid someone for a makeover. Thanks to Covid that is not an option 

what do I need to have to try to get myself 1/2 as good looking as she used to 🙂

thanks all

Tasha

Re: Makeup must haves for MTF?

Hi!

I am still newer to makeup too (Ive not learned to contour!) but some things you'll want are some nice brushes! They don't have to be expensive, you'll just want something that can blend nicely! I also recommend starting with a few products:

~ Primer, this will help your foundation stay in place and look nice and smooth. I also always suggest using an eye shadow primer as well, it makes the colors look so much more vibrant!

~ Foundation. Whether you want a liquid or powder, full or light coverage depends on you and what you're looking for. I'm a fan of Born This Way from Too Faced, for me I can use a small amount for lighter coverage and it still looks really nice and just helps to even out my skin tone just a little bit.

~ Concealer, very useful for things like dark circles. I have very prominent dark circles and concealer really helps to brighten things up!

~ For lips, I absolutely recommend starting with a lip liner, it helps to keep your lipstick looking nice and clean!

There are other things as well that you'll probably be interested in getting, like an eyebrow pencil and definitely get some eye shadows and play around. The best thing you can do is practice! Watch a lot of tutorials on youtube, there are tons out there that can help you shape your eyebrows and help you learn to contour if you're interested in it!!

Good luck and have fun!

Re: Makeup must haves for MTF?

Thank you so much!  Truly appreciate it!

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing