Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Makeup advice

I have a lot of redness in my face due to rosacea. I also have lines from 100 lbs weight loss. Is there anything you all would recommend to cover the redness that won’t settle into my lines and look cakey? Any suggestions on what my undertones are would be appreciated. Everywhere always tries to put my in a cool/pink due to my redness. Thanks in advance for any help. 

4F04F65B-4FAF-4290-9F16-CCAB069D59EB.jpeg

Re: Makeup advice

Hi, @lots2luv !  @lmaster hit the nail on the head!  Your skin tone (and hair color) look just like mine.  I'm definitely a neutral undertone.  I also feel you on people trying to shove you into the cool/pink category!  I don't have rosacia, but I've had severe and cystic acne and broken capillaries.  I love the Dr. Jart+ Cicapair Color Correcting Treatment SPF 30 1.7 oz/ 50 mL .  If that doesn't work or you just need a spot correction or touch up, you can try a color corrector.  I personally like a yellow color corrector, but green works too.  It's really personal preference.  The color corrector I use is discontinued, so I don't have one to recommend at this time.

BTW, congratulations on your weight loss!  Truly awesome! 😎👍

How would you recommend applying this? I’ve tried the IT redness color corrector but unfortunately it was to dark for my skin. Thank you for the response. 

@lots2luv - I apply the Dr. Jart Cicapair Color Correcting Treatment using a nylon brush.  It's a light green color that changes to a beige color when it dries.  The idea is not to conceal your redness, but to neutralize it.  Once you add your foundation on top, the redness should be virtually unnoticeable. 

@lots2luv  The other two ladies did a great job advising you!  I just tried the Dr. Jart cream for my red spots, and it's wonderful.  I just dab my finger into the pot and pat it on my red areas.  It's thinner than the IT Cosmetics corrector.  And, because it's a light green shade, it won't just cover the red, it diffuses the redness by counteracting it with the green.

I was going to say you have neutral toned skin also.  One of the ways that is recommended to check is to look at the skin behind the ears or upper chest (an area that is not exposed to the sun.)  If you have green veins, you are warm-toned.  If you have blue or purple, you are cool-toned.  If you have a mixture of both, you are neutral-toned.  That may be a simplification, but it worked for me.

@lots2luv I personally feel you have neutral undertones. I would recommend a filling primer like tarte Mini Timeless Smoothing Primer 0.25 oz/ 7.5 mL to help fill in lines and pores. Dr. Jart+ Mini Cicapair™ Tiger Grass Color Correcting Treatment 0.5 oz/ 15 mL you could apply on the redness to even your skin tone

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 17 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
Photos1
  • 4F04F65B-4FAF-4290-9F16-CCAB069D59EB.jpeg
testing