Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Makeup Neglect

What are some items So good that you Neglect to use other similar type items in your collection. I have a ton of Urban decay Nakeds, Too Faced chocolate bars and Peach palettes, KVD, Bobbi brown, Lorac, ect  and they are all neglected. I tossed around the idea of the 28 pan Natasha Denona palette (Pre Sunset days) for over a year. I wanted it so bad but did not want to pay that price. Watched a zillion youtube videos and reviews, entranced but the swatches! Finally I caved and got it and so so so much more... Viseart mattes (Their shimmers just dont compare to Auntie Pat's or Natasha Denona's) , 95% of Natasha Denona's palettes and all of Pat Mcgrath's and now I never touch my other eye shadows. What about you? Share the addiction 

Re: Makeup Neglect

Lancôme L’Absolu Lacquer glosses have made me neglect all other glosses I own. In fact, they’ve made me declutter several other glosses that don’t perform nearly as well. 

MUFE and Nars liquid mattes have made me neglect all other brands’ liquid mattes for a year now. Some of my other liquid mattes were the first lipsticks I decluttered when I started downsizing my collection this summer. 😄 

Viseart has spoiled me with their matte shadows. I tend to buy more single shadows than full palettes anyway, but my 2 Viseart matte palettes are used far more often than the mattes from any other palette, or any other matte singles. 

As for other shadow finishes: as much as I love many shimmers/metallics/etc. from my Juvia’s palettes, I rarely reach for them anymore. Instead I mostly use my MUFE singles. Soon I’ll depot the Juvia’s shadows I want to keep and get rid of the rest. I never reach for the 2 Urban Decay palettes I own anymore (well, technically I own 3, but I don’t like to acknowledge the 3rd one), so I need to get rid of them. There are a few other palettes I can ditch. 

My eyeshadow palettes for sure.  I always run out of time in the morning and I am not willing to get up earlier (maybe when my son sleeps through the night more consistently my mind will change).

I can think of a few current examples:

-Last year's holiday Hourglass highlight palette made me forget about every other highlight in my collection. I won't stop until I've hit pan!

-I wore Urban Decay Born to Run almost exclusively for the first month that I owned it.

-Bobbi Brown's 500-point lip set convinced me for a while that I don't need to buy from any other brand.

@Sephora85Maven I just have way too much makeup where it's hard to choose from everything.  Sometimes I'm in such a hurry that I only use my go to palette.  I guess the struggle is real when having to choose from a variety.

I completely understand its like a handful of standout things I reach for all the time and a bunch of things I generally pass over. I need to learn some shop my stash techniques 

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing