Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Makeup Madness Challenge: CHAMPION REVEALED - Check out the winner and Community Favorite makeup products!

BIC_MakeupMadness_ThreadImage.png

Finally, a sport we can all get behind... MAKEUP MADNESS! In the spirit of March, we’ve put together the ultimate battle of the beauty favorites – bracket style! – and it’s YOUR turn to vote! Each week, we’ll have a new showdown, pitting tried-and-true makeup categories against each other until we narrow it down and crown the Community Champion makeup product category… and hopefully get some all-star recs along the way! 😊

Makeup Madness Champion Revealed.png

TO VOTE, hit the reply button below and TAG a product you love that represents the category you’re voting for. For example, @AlexBT can’t live without her signature cat eye, so in the battle between Mascara vs. Eyeliner, she might reply with “EYELINER! Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Liner 0.08 oz/ 2.4 mL😼

Each new round of voting starts Fridays at 2pm PT, and ends the following Thursday at 2pm PT:

• ROUND 1 (3/3-3/11): Mascara (👑) vs. Eyeliner 
  • ROUND 2 (3/12-3/18): Lip Gloss vs. Lipstick (👑)
  • ROUND 3 (3/19-3/25): Brow Gel vs. Brow Pencil (👑)
  • ROUND 4 (3/26-4/1): Bronzer vs. Blush (👑)
  • ROUND 5 (4/2-4/8): Mascara (👑) vs. Lipstick 
  • ROUND 6 (4/9-4/15): Brow Pencil (👑) vs. Blush
  • FINAL ROUND (4/16-4/22): Mascara (👑) vs. Brow Pencil 
  • CHAMPION REVEALED (4/23): 👑 Mascara 👑

Click the “Reply” button below and vote for your favorite product (Mascara or Brow Pencil!) use the “#” sign to tag a specific one you love, then check back for the results and the next round of voting!

UPDATE 4/23/21: Thank you to everyone who participated in Makeup Madness 2021! This year’s champion is mascara - BIC, we respect your commitment to the lash game. 🙌 Here were Community members’ top-tagged mascaras from your votes throughout this challenge:

1. ILIA Limitless Lash Lengthening Clean Mascara After Midnight 
  2. MILK MAKEUP KUSH High Volumizing Mascara 0.27 oz / 8 ml 
  3. Benefit Cosmetics Roller Lash Curling & Lifting Mascara Black 
  4. Lancôme Monsieur Big Volumizing Mascara Standard Size Black - 0.33 oz/ 10 mL 
  5. Yves Saint Laurent The Shock Volumizing Mascara 

While mascara took home the crown this time, you all showed lots of love for all the other makeup categories in the bracket! Here were the most-tagged products in some of the other categories:

We thank you again for playing, BIC! See you later for the next beauty challenge… 😉

Re: Makeup Madness Challenge Week 6: Brow Pencil vs. Blush

For this round, I choose blush! My long standing fave is Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush Collection but I also frequently reach for CLINIQUE Cheek Pop Blush

I absolutely love blush...however, I don't have any eyebrows.  BROW PENCIL for me.  (Technically, brow gel, but that's not an option!)

Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz® Ultra-Slim Precision Brow Pencil (in taupe)

Anastasia Beverly Hills DIPBROW® Waterproof, Smudge Proof Brow Pomade (in taupe)

Anastasia Beverly Hills Ombre Effect Long Wearing Brow Powder Duo (in taupe)

@TeamBIC --

BROW!

Even though blush is my favorite part of makeup & doing my cheeks is my fave thing; even though I can and often do my eyebrows without one, I have to go with Brow Pencil, as the anchor of my brow routine and the set-up factor for my whole face. 

I have about 6+ different pencils, at least, but ABH Wiz in taupe is always good. 

Brow Pencil.

Brow pencil for me! I have mild rosacea, so my cheeks don't need any help 😂

Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz® Ultra-Slim Precision Brow Pencil 

Okay so, to be fair I actually haven't ever used an eyebrow pencil. But I do adore blush. I mostly like stick blushes.

Brow pencil all the way! I feel undone if I don't have my brows

YES! @Ande13 BROWS for the win!

Blush for me @TeamBIC because I can use it as a lippie as well! 😆 Two I find work well as both are MERIT Flush Balm Cream Blush Raspberry Beret (thank you again for the gratis!) and. Westman Atelier Baby Cheeks Lip + Cheek Cream Blush Stick Petal

Definitely a great argument in favor of blush @itsfi ! 😁

Hahaha @Sunnysmom! I do love that I can use these cream blushes as a lippie. 😍 

One could say it could make the case for also having an extra lippie @itsfi because you can of course use it vicey versy on the cheek also 😂.

Yes!!! So true @Sunnysmom; so true! Then I definitely don’t need any more lippies or blush. 😆 

No @itsfi ! 😩

Fret not @Sunnysmom! That’s never really stopped me from picking up more. 🤣 It’s a given that lippies will be in future hauls and it seems blush too with all the pretty new releases. 😉 

@itsfi Do I need a shade of the westman stick in my life? Tell me the truth. 😅 

@lnum, our skin types are different so I don't know if it will perform the same on me as on you, but I say "yes!" 🛍  I'm not a big blush wearer - or I wasn't until late last year when I picked this up, and I like it!

Cream blushes perform well on my dehydrated dry cheeks. I do like to layer a powder blush over it occasionally for longer lasting power. This WA blush has a slightly drier texture than the Merit blush. Not to say WA is dry, but the Merit is creamier in my opinion. I also like the portability aspect of the WA and its fast and easy peasy to use, which I need. I was excited to see it come to Sephora and I contemplated picking up other colors earlier this month - my basket keeps changing though . . .

Here's what Petal looks like:

WA Petal.jpg

Hope that helps a little. If you have questions about it, let me know.

Tagging @curlychiquita and @Sunnysmom, both of whom have experience with WA blushes (and others as well!)

@itsfi My cheeks tend to be more normal most days. I used to avoid all other blushes except powder and preferred matte everything, until I started using blush on bare skin and decided I like a dewy glow there, just not my tzone 😂. Now I’m trying all the blushes to see what I like. The color Westman Atelier Baby Cheeks Lip + Cheek Cream Blush Stick Poppet caught my eye. I was blessed with a neutral medium-light skin tone so I can wear a lot of colors aside from pastels/greys/nudes that make me look dead. 

@lnum I'm light-medium also and most blush colors look good on me.  I have oily skin and I like the Westman Atelier blushes. Some, like the Fenty cream blushes, get shiny on me after awhile, but the WA is slightly thicker. I still want to try the Melt cream blushes though, to compare.  The shade I wanted, Sandy Cheeks, was already sold out before the sale.

@curlychiquita @Sunnysmom @itsfi Thank you! I’m going to put this in my cart and see if I still want it once my sale order comes in because I did pick up four other cream/liquid blushes. I read that many of the westman products have coconut oil but I don’t think I saw that on the ingredient list for these blush sticks, hopefully there isn’t any!

@lnum, I looked at my box for the Petal blush and coconut oil is not included in the ingredients list. The oil used in the blush is jojoba (organic).

5 Replies
testing