Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Makeup Madness Challenge: CHAMPION REVEALED - Check out the winner and Community Favorite makeup products!

BIC_MakeupMadness_ThreadImage.png

Finally, a sport we can all get behind... MAKEUP MADNESS! In the spirit of March, we’ve put together the ultimate battle of the beauty favorites – bracket style! – and it’s YOUR turn to vote! Each week, we’ll have a new showdown, pitting tried-and-true makeup categories against each other until we narrow it down and crown the Community Champion makeup product category… and hopefully get some all-star recs along the way! 😊

Makeup Madness Champion Revealed.png

TO VOTE, hit the reply button below and TAG a product you love that represents the category you’re voting for. For example, @AlexBT can’t live without her signature cat eye, so in the battle between Mascara vs. Eyeliner, she might reply with “EYELINER! Anastasia Beverly Hills Waterproof Matte Liquid Eyeliner 0.08 oz/ 2.4 mL😼

Each new round of voting starts Fridays at 2pm PT, and ends the following Thursday at 2pm PT:

• ROUND 1 (3/3-3/11): Mascara (👑) vs. Eyeliner 
  • ROUND 2 (3/12-3/18): Lip Gloss vs. Lipstick (👑)
  • ROUND 3 (3/19-3/25): Brow Gel vs. Brow Pencil (👑)
  • ROUND 4 (3/26-4/1): Bronzer vs. Blush (👑)
  • ROUND 5 (4/2-4/8): Mascara (👑) vs. Lipstick 
  • ROUND 6 (4/9-4/15): Brow Pencil (👑) vs. Blush
  • FINAL ROUND (4/16-4/22): Mascara (👑) vs. Brow Pencil 
  • CHAMPION REVEALED (4/23): 👑 Mascara 👑

Click the “Reply” button below and vote for your favorite product (Mascara or Brow Pencil!) use the “#” sign to tag a specific one you love, then check back for the results and the next round of voting!

UPDATE 4/23/21: Thank you to everyone who participated in Makeup Madness 2021! This year’s champion is mascara - BIC, we respect your commitment to the lash game. 🙌 Here were Community members’ top-tagged mascaras from your votes throughout this challenge:

1. ILIA Limitless Lash Lengthening Clean Mascara After Midnight 
  2. MILK MAKEUP KUSH High Volumizing Mascara 0.27 oz / 8 ml 
  3. Benefit Cosmetics Roller Lash Curling & Lifting Mascara Black 
  4. Lancôme Monsieur Big Volumizing Mascara Standard Size Black - 0.33 oz/ 10 mL 
  5. Yves Saint Laurent The Shock Volumizing Mascara 

While mascara took home the crown this time, you all showed lots of love for all the other makeup categories in the bracket! Here were the most-tagged products in some of the other categories:

We thank you again for playing, BIC! See you later for the next beauty challenge… 😉

Re: Makeup Madness Challenge Week 5: Mascara vs. Lipstick

@Titian06   Yeah!!!!!! Team red!   🙌

Yes 👍 👍❤️🌹💄for team red @Titian06 

This one is tough but I'm going to have to go team Mascara @TeamBIC . There's just something about if you can only put on one product quickly mascara just ties your look together. Plus you don't have to reapply it throughout the day. Laura Mercier Caviar Volumizing Mascara Glossy Black Hourglass Caution™ Extreme Lash Mascara Anastasia Beverly Hills Lash Brag® Jet-Black Volumizing Mascara 10ml/0.34 fl oz 

Mascara especially while wearing mask! 🙊 

Mascara everyday! Benefit Cosmetics BADgal BANG! Volumizing Mascara 

Do I just love all the underdogs or something? Or is there a conspiracy going on?

CLEARLY going with mascara here. I can just put mascara on and feel like it's a whole vibe. Eyes are the window to the soul 😉

giphy

tarte Big Ego Mascara 0.23 fl oz/ 7 mL Too Faced Better Than Sex Volumizing & Lengthening Mascara stila Huge Extreme Lash Mascara Black 

@TeamBIC, lipstick for me! 💄 On days when I'm not going out (and so not having to wear a mask), I'll wear lipstick (or lip gloss or lip balm or some combination) around the house! 😉  Hmmm . . .  faves??? 😉 How to even narrow it down to a few handful of favorites . . . 😂

Gucci Long Lasting Satin Lipstick 25* Goldie Red (gratis and a favorite red)

SEPHORA COLLECTION Cream Lip Stain Liquid Lipstick 23 Copper Blush 

Victoria Beckham Beauty Posh Lipsticks - Pose and Sway

@itsfi   Oh yes!! The Gucci lipsticks are divine on and thé tube feels good in the hand.  Darn it shouldn’t have tried them😣(but really glad I did) 

I know what you mean @heartsmyface! They’ve become a bit of a weakness! 😆 

Ooo the Copper Blush shade looks pretty! Adding that to my wishlist! Coincidentally, I’m also wearing a shade from the same SC line today: SEPHORA COLLECTION Cream Lip Stain Liquid Lipstick 12 African Violet because I needed a pop of colour to match the beautiful sunny day 🤗 @itsfi 

Oooh, African Violet is perfect for a sunny spring day @Guessgal♥️💜 Gorgeous color. Yay for sunshine! 🌞 

I have to go mascara. I can feel put together without lipstick, I cannot feel put together without mascara. Also... you don’t need to reapply it throughout the day and no matter how awesome your lipstick is, you will likely have to do a small touch up at some point. 

Lipstick. Doesn't matter what else is in lipstick's bracket. No contest. Also doesn't matter that I can't wear lipstick under fabric masks. That doesn't change my love for lipstick. Besides, I finally found some good FDA-approved KN95s and discovered I can wear lipstick under them, hooray! But even if I couldn't, I'd still love lipstick. No pandemic's gonna end my love for lipstick. ❤️ Have I ever mentioned I'm a lipstick addict? (Rhetorical question.) 

I think I tagged a PMG MatteTrance in my last vote, so... hmm... let's tag Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Mattemoiselle Plush Matte Lipstick Violet Fury . Could've also tagged Flamingo Acid, Candy Venom, F'n Black, and several other shades. And I wish Sephora had the more fun colors of GUERLAIN Rouge G Refillable Lipstick and NARS Audacious Lipstick Charlotte (though I do like Charlotte) so I could tag those. 

@WinglessOne  Same.  when at home and passing by a mirror I want to see color!!!  Plus there’s something wonderful about applying it that mascara just doesn’t offer.  

@heartsmyface  Totally agree! I kinda don't like applying mascara; there's nothing enjoyable about the application to me (vs. the results). But applying lipstick is a pleasure. 

lol @WinglessOne I never had a doubt where your vote was going to land!

@missjeanie TeamBIC could've just posted a lipstick vote in my absence this round. 🤣 I didn't have to think about this one at all. If lipstick wins this round and goes up against brow pencil, I'll still choose lipstick, even though brow pencil is truly the only makeup item I never leave home without. 

It probably doesn't help that 95% of mascaras on the market irritate the heck out of my eyes, and some of the remaining 5% perform poorly (too much flaking, smudging, or clumping). But honestly, mascara's never a *need* for me. I'd rather have invisible lashes than no lipstick. 

@WinglessOne -- I get that. I still can't wear many waterproof mascaras, myself. A very gentle one to try is 100 Percent Pure's Fruit-pigmented mascara, Very good for sensitive eyes. I like the Blackberry & Blueberry shades best but the Black Tea one is nice too.

Thanks @heavyhedon , I'll check that out—especially the blueberry shade, as I've had trouble finding a blue mascara that doesn't kill my eyeballs. My usual mascaras are Charlotte Tilbury Legendary Lashes Vol. 2 and Ilia Limitless Lash, plus occasionally Wander Beauty Mile High Club on my lower lashes (never my upper lashes)—though I often leave my lower lashes bare. 

lol... we're so opposites @WinglessOne !

@WinglessOne I knew we could both be counted on for lipstick votes. I feel the same, I'll vote lipstick over anything!

testing