Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Makeup Madness Challenge: CHAMPION REVEALED - Check out the winner and Community Favorite makeup products!

BIC_MakeupMadness_ThreadImage.png

Finally, a sport we can all get behind... MAKEUP MADNESS! In the spirit of March, we’ve put together the ultimate battle of the beauty favorites – bracket style! – and it’s YOUR turn to vote! Each week, we’ll have a new showdown, pitting tried-and-true makeup categories against each other until we narrow it down and crown the Community Champion makeup product category… and hopefully get some all-star recs along the way! 😊

Makeup Madness Champion Revealed.png

TO VOTE, hit the reply button below and TAG a product you love that represents the category you’re voting for. For example, @AlexBT can’t live without her signature cat eye, so in the battle between Mascara vs. Eyeliner, she might reply with “EYELINER! Anastasia Beverly Hills Waterproof Matte Liquid Eyeliner 0.08 oz/ 2.4 mL😼

Each new round of voting starts Fridays at 2pm PT, and ends the following Thursday at 2pm PT:

• ROUND 1 (3/3-3/11): Mascara (👑) vs. Eyeliner 
  • ROUND 2 (3/12-3/18): Lip Gloss vs. Lipstick (👑)
  • ROUND 3 (3/19-3/25): Brow Gel vs. Brow Pencil (👑)
  • ROUND 4 (3/26-4/1): Bronzer vs. Blush (👑)
  • ROUND 5 (4/2-4/8): Mascara (👑) vs. Lipstick 
  • ROUND 6 (4/9-4/15): Brow Pencil (👑) vs. Blush
  • FINAL ROUND (4/16-4/22): Mascara (👑) vs. Brow Pencil 
  • CHAMPION REVEALED (4/23): 👑 Mascara 👑

Click the “Reply” button below and vote for your favorite product (Mascara or Brow Pencil!) use the “#” sign to tag a specific one you love, then check back for the results and the next round of voting!

UPDATE 4/23/21: Thank you to everyone who participated in Makeup Madness 2021! This year’s champion is mascara - BIC, we respect your commitment to the lash game. 🙌 Here were Community members’ top-tagged mascaras from your votes throughout this challenge:

1. ILIA Limitless Lash Lengthening Clean Mascara After Midnight 
  2. MILK MAKEUP KUSH High Volumizing Mascara 0.27 oz / 8 ml 
  3. Benefit Cosmetics Roller Lash Curling & Lifting Mascara Black 
  4. Lancôme Monsieur Big Volumizing Mascara Standard Size Black - 0.33 oz/ 10 mL 
  5. Yves Saint Laurent The Shock Volumizing Mascara 

While mascara took home the crown this time, you all showed lots of love for all the other makeup categories in the bracket! Here were the most-tagged products in some of the other categories:

We thank you again for playing, BIC! See you later for the next beauty challenge… 😉

Re: Makeup Madness Challenge Week 2: Lip Gloss vs. Lipstick

I loved reading through this @WinglessOne !  I remember hearing you rave about the MAC Liptensity line and bought one right as they were discontinuing.  I do quite enjoy it, even though I rarely wear lipstick anymore.  And I have a handful of the Nars Audacious that I haven't even looked at in so long.... might need to wear some round the house today! 

Thanks @missjeanie ! The longer that list got, the more brands I realized I was leaving out: Illamasqua, Becca, By Terry, Chantecaille, Sephora Collection, Givenchy... plus other lipstick lines by the brands that did make it onto my list. Some brands I didn't list because their lipsticks failed my performance standards (*coughABHcough*). 

I'm glad you like the Liptensity shade you bought! And yes, wear those lipsticks around the house! 🙂 I go through bouts of doing that. It helps me spot check bullets for signs of spoilage and reduces my "look at all the pretty lipsticks I can't wear out anywhere" sadness. 

@WinglessOne I put on a hot pink this morning lol.... Still in my bathrobe, pre shower (Pandemic has seriously altered my routines to where I now shower at lunch) with hot pink lipstick.  I've been working through quite a few smaller glosses this way, and this was a good kick to get going through a bullet or two to check for quality decline.

I personally would not mind seeing your list of your favorite lipsticks @WinglessOne.

@WinglessOne same here. Lipstick all the way!!!

I think I have the perfect compromise:  a moisturizing, slightly shiny, slightly sheer lipstick.

Bobbi Brown's Nourishing Lip Color in Claret, which is a wine shade.  When I use it to top Bobbi Brown Lip Color in the shade Brown, it makes a perfect intense red for me.

Ok I'm glad mascara won for Week 1! 

Between Lip Gloss and Lipstick, I'm team Lip Gloss for sure! I've been especially loving the LAWLESS Forget The Filler Lip Plumper Line Smoothing Gloss Rosy Outlook , but Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Gloss Bomb Universal Lip Luminizer Fenty Glow is always a solid choice as well!

I gotta go lipstick 100%. Lip gloss is something I’m very hot and cold on, but I’ll wear lipstick over a gloss all day day. It’s hard to choose a favorite, because I have different categories of favorites when it comes to lipstick. If I was told I’m only allowed to ever only wear one lipstick the rest of my life, however, I’d have to go with a red shade. My favorite red shades are LE and unavailable to purchase again (so I saaaaaave them), but my fave generic still available red is CLINIQUE Clinique Pop™ Lip Colour + Primer Lipstick in Cherry Pop. Frankly it’s just a solid, perfect red. 

@alexasteph Cherry pop was my very first red. I'll never forget the fateful day I walked up to the Clinique counter and said I wanted to try a red lipstick. Beginning of a love affair.

@sprocketta I think Clinique products have done that for a lot of people! They don’t get the attention they deserve sometimes. But I also sort of like they’ve stuck to their roots and the Clinique I remember from 20 years ago is the Clinique I know now. You want a good product to get you started, go with Clinique. You just need something that works and don’t wanna deal with how overwhelming everything has become. Clinique. I learned makeup in my teens with Clinique and in my 30’s I’ve found myself increasingly going back to their products. 

@alexasteph it was exactly the same for me with Clinique. I had so much fun strolling up to the counter and finding something new. 

It didn't hurt that my favorite Clinique rep was a total doll and lived across the street from me. His makeup looks made me feel so special. Clinique is underrated and a great starting point.

@TeamBIC I'm team lipstick.  One that I keep coming back to is Givenchy Le Rouge Interdit 24H Hydrating Lip Balm .

@greeneyedgirl107, I don’t know how this lippie escaped me. The shades look so pretty. 😍 Is there a color from the collection you’re partial to? 

@itsfi Yes - Violine Troublant!  I pretty much only buy mauves.

@greeneyedgirl107 ,

I Love Mauve Lippies!  💕

@greeneyedgirl107   I second this shade. 🙂

“I pretty much only buy mauves.” Nothing wrong with that in my mind @greeneyedgirl107! 😍 Violine Troublant is a beauty! Easy to see why you love it! ♥️

I need to check that one out @greeneyedgirl107 . 

Team lipsticks 💄for sure. My favorite brands are Tom Ford, PMG and Chanel. 

Lipstick, I never wear gloss. GUERLAIN Rouge G Refillable Lipstick is my favorite followed by TOM FORD Boys & Girls Lip Color Lipstick .  

Ooooh this is an easy one, lip gloss! Although I suspect lipstick will win this bracket, I am team Lip Gloss all the way ☺️

To pick just one seems almost impossible, but I really love Marc Jacobs Beauty Enamored Hi-Shine Lip Lacquer Lipgloss 310 Taboo!

672 Replies
testing