Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Makeup Madness Challenge: CHAMPION REVEALED - Check out the winner and Community Favorite makeup products!

BIC_MakeupMadness_ThreadImage.png

Finally, a sport we can all get behind... MAKEUP MADNESS! In the spirit of March, we’ve put together the ultimate battle of the beauty favorites – bracket style! – and it’s YOUR turn to vote! Each week, we’ll have a new showdown, pitting tried-and-true makeup categories against each other until we narrow it down and crown the Community Champion makeup product category… and hopefully get some all-star recs along the way! 😊

Makeup Madness Champion Revealed.png

TO VOTE, hit the reply button below and TAG a product you love that represents the category you’re voting for. For example, @AlexBT can’t live without her signature cat eye, so in the battle between Mascara vs. Eyeliner, she might reply with “EYELINER! Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Liner 0.08 oz/ 2.4 mL😼

Each new round of voting starts Fridays at 2pm PT, and ends the following Thursday at 2pm PT:

• ROUND 1 (3/3-3/11): Mascara (👑) vs. Eyeliner 
  • ROUND 2 (3/12-3/18): Lip Gloss vs. Lipstick (👑)
  • ROUND 3 (3/19-3/25): Brow Gel vs. Brow Pencil (👑)
  • ROUND 4 (3/26-4/1): Bronzer vs. Blush (👑)
  • ROUND 5 (4/2-4/8): Mascara (👑) vs. Lipstick 
  • ROUND 6 (4/9-4/15): Brow Pencil (👑) vs. Blush
  • FINAL ROUND (4/16-4/22): Mascara (👑) vs. Brow Pencil 
  • CHAMPION REVEALED (4/23): 👑 Mascara 👑

Click the “Reply” button below and vote for your favorite product (Mascara or Brow Pencil!) use the “#” sign to tag a specific one you love, then check back for the results and the next round of voting!

UPDATE 4/23/21: Thank you to everyone who participated in Makeup Madness 2021! This year’s champion is mascara - BIC, we respect your commitment to the lash game. 🙌 Here were Community members’ top-tagged mascaras from your votes throughout this challenge:

1. ILIA Limitless Lash Lengthening Clean Mascara After Midnight 
  2. MILK MAKEUP KUSH High Volumizing Mascara 0.27 oz / 8 ml 
  3. Benefit Cosmetics Roller Lash Curling & Lifting Mascara Black 
  4. Lancôme Monsieur Big Volumizing Mascara Standard Size Black - 0.33 oz/ 10 mL 
  5. Yves Saint Laurent The Shock Volumizing Mascara 

While mascara took home the crown this time, you all showed lots of love for all the other makeup categories in the bracket! Here were the most-tagged products in some of the other categories:

We thank you again for playing, BIC! See you later for the next beauty challenge… 😉

Re: Makeup Madness Challenge FINAL ROUND: Mascara vs. Brow Pencil

Not even a question- Team Mascara. Loves: Lancôme Monsieur Big Volumizing Mascara Standard Size Black - 0.33 oz/ 10 mL Wander Beauty Mile High Club Mascara Jet Black ILIA Limitless Lash Lengthening Clean Mascara After Midnight 

Of course  I’ll vote Brows. Here I am going to list all the brow products I have in my stash and a new one in transit that @Mcakes enabled me to buy when heaven k wow I don’t need no more brow products.

Hourglass Arch Brow Sculpting Pencil Warm Brunette 

Anastasia Beverly Hills DIPBROW® Waterproof, Smudge Proof Brow Pomade Medium Brown 

#Anastasia Beverly Hills brow powder duo Medium brown

Benefit Cosmetics Goof Proof Brow Deal Pencil Set 4 

Anastasia Beverly Hills Medium Hold Clear Brow Gel Clear 

Charlotte Tilbury Brow Lift Eyebrow Pencil Kit  

#sephora collection retractable brow pencil 05

@fatimamummy lol whoops! Actually thinking if getting a backup of it before the sale ends. At this price, practically stealing it anyway 😛

I’m voting mascara all the way for this round stila Huge Extreme Lash Mascara Black 💛

I honestly feel like doing my brows is to much work but I love mascara. My favorite is the MILK MAKEUP KUSH High Volumizing Mascara 0.27 oz / 8 ml 

i also really like the elf & glossier.

I'm casting my vote like @pocketvenus ,

Brow pencil! Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz® Ultra-Slim Precision Brow Pencil Dark Brown  But in perpetuity: lipstickSmashbox Always On Longwear Matte Liquid Lipstick Girl Gang or Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Stunna Lip Paint Longwear Fluid Lip Color Uncensored 

@danielledanielle Love a good liquid lippie! 💋💋💋

Team MASCARA for this round.  And likely any round lol.  I find that no matter what else I do with my 'look' be it simply a tinted SPF or a full face, mascara is what pulls it together and makes me look like I've actually got my s**t together.  Love me a big natural bristle brush and almost any formula is better after it's been open for a few days. 

Charlotte Tilbury Legendary Lashes Volume 2 Mascara Black Vinyl Vol 2 

Yves Saint Laurent The Shock Volumizing Mascara 

MILK MAKEUP Mini KUSH High Volumizing Mascara 0.13 oz/ 4 mL 

Marc Jacobs Beauty Mini Velvet Noir Major Volume Mascara 

Brows but really, LIPSTICK

Yves Saint Laurent Lip Showroom Lipstick Vault 

Love your answer, @pocketvenus! That's a beautiful lipstick set! 

@pocketvenusthat YSL vault is stunning!!! 😍😍😍 

@itsfi I loooooove YSL's packaging for lipstick, I wish they did refills

YSL-Volupte-Tint-In-Balm-Review

@pocketvenus!!! Yes!!! 🙌🏼 And, I love, love, looove that particular silver YSL lipstick packaging the most! 🥰 I would be completely on board if they made their lippies refillable. Here’s hoping! 🤞🏼 There was a period where I must have gone through 5 bullets, and I kept them for the longest time trying to find a way to repurpose them. 

@itsfi I saw some YouTube videos where ppl repurposed high end lipstick tubes by extracting a lip balm from its original tube and placing it in the high end one. They put it in the fridge first to ensure it was firm enough to transport over and visually estimated that the 2 holders were around the same diameter so that it would fit. 

Oooh, very good to know @Guessgal! Thank you!!! I’ll check out YT!

@itsfi ahhhhhhhhhh me too! The silver is hands down my favourite design. I can't bring myself to toss them. Thank you @Guessgal, I am going to give this a shot! <333

Come one mascara , tho I will forever be shattered that it wasn’t lipstick! 😅

My true favorite is ByTerry Lash Boost but I also love Wander original Unlashed formula because it is natural but amped up and not too wet. Also in rotation would be Victoria Beckham Beauty and Nars Climax Extreme Volume and Lorac Pro Plus Fiber. 

Wander Beauty Unlashed Volume &amp; Curl Mascara Black 

NARS Climax Extreme Volumizing Mascara Uncensored Black 

Wow I can’t believe it came down to brows and mascara’ 

i have to go brow! 

Benefit Cosmetics Precisely, My Brow Pencil Waterproof Eyebrow Definer Anastasia Beverly Hills Medium Hold Clear Brow Gel Clear 

@TeamBIC  Definitely mascara for

me! Even though I do like to use a brow pencil, my eyebrows aren't too bad on their own and I feel like mascara just makes me look more awake and alert. 👀
Since I have allergies that cause my eyes to constantly water, I have to use waterproof mascara and there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of waterproof options. Lately I've just been using Covergirl Lash Blast 😉

testing