Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Makeup Madness Challenge: CHAMPION REVEALED - Check out the winner and Community Favorite makeup products!

BIC_MakeupMadness_ThreadImage.png

Finally, a sport we can all get behind... MAKEUP MADNESS! In the spirit of March, we’ve put together the ultimate battle of the beauty favorites – bracket style! – and it’s YOUR turn to vote! Each week, we’ll have a new showdown, pitting tried-and-true makeup categories against each other until we narrow it down and crown the Community Champion makeup product category… and hopefully get some all-star recs along the way! 😊

Makeup Madness Champion Revealed.png

TO VOTE, hit the reply button below and TAG a product you love that represents the category you’re voting for. For example, @AlexBT can’t live without her signature cat eye, so in the battle between Mascara vs. Eyeliner, she might reply with “EYELINER! Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Liner 0.08 oz/ 2.4 mL😼

Each new round of voting starts Fridays at 2pm PT, and ends the following Thursday at 2pm PT:

• ROUND 1 (3/3-3/11): Mascara (👑) vs. Eyeliner 
  • ROUND 2 (3/12-3/18): Lip Gloss vs. Lipstick (👑)
  • ROUND 3 (3/19-3/25): Brow Gel vs. Brow Pencil (👑)
  • ROUND 4 (3/26-4/1): Bronzer vs. Blush (👑)
  • ROUND 5 (4/2-4/8): Mascara (👑) vs. Lipstick 
  • ROUND 6 (4/9-4/15): Brow Pencil (👑) vs. Blush
  • FINAL ROUND (4/16-4/22): Mascara (👑) vs. Brow Pencil 
  • CHAMPION REVEALED (4/23): 👑 Mascara 👑

Click the “Reply” button below and vote for your favorite product (Mascara or Brow Pencil!) use the “#” sign to tag a specific one you love, then check back for the results and the next round of voting!

UPDATE 4/23/21: Thank you to everyone who participated in Makeup Madness 2021! This year’s champion is mascara - BIC, we respect your commitment to the lash game. 🙌 Here were Community members’ top-tagged mascaras from your votes throughout this challenge:

1. ILIA Limitless Lash Lengthening Clean Mascara After Midnight 
  2. MILK MAKEUP KUSH High Volumizing Mascara 0.27 oz / 8 ml 
  3. Benefit Cosmetics Roller Lash Curling & Lifting Mascara Black 
  4. Lancôme Monsieur Big Volumizing Mascara Standard Size Black - 0.33 oz/ 10 mL 
  5. Yves Saint Laurent The Shock Volumizing Mascara 

While mascara took home the crown this time, you all showed lots of love for all the other makeup categories in the bracket! Here were the most-tagged products in some of the other categories:

We thank you again for playing, BIC! See you later for the next beauty challenge… 😉

Re: Makeup Madness Challenge FINAL ROUND: Mascara vs. Brow Pencil

@Shosh85, allergies = ugh!!! It's a pain. Have you tried Lancôme Mini Monsieur Big Waterproof Mascara 01 Waterproof Big is The New Black, or any of Lancome's waterproof mascaras? 

@itsfi  Oh, I think I actually remembering liking the Monsieur mascara, but I don't think I noticed that there was a waterproof option! Thanks for the suggestion! I really like the Lancôme Cils Booster XL Super-Enhancing Mascara Primer .18 oz / 5.5 ml and I think those would make a great pair 😃👌

@Shosh85, my wimpy lashes send a huge "thank you" 👍 for the reminder about the Lancome mascara primer. I have an unopen DS that can be put to good use! 😃

@TeamBIC -- any given day it could go either way. But if I had fuller brows it would be no contest. Therefore, Brow Pencil!  I just walked out of the house the other day with brows and concealer. It works. 

My newest new favorite brow pencil is Sugar Cosmetics in Taupe, but I'll take IT Cosmetics Brow Power Micro Universal Taupe any day, too. 

Mascara all the way!!!

My mom has the Two Faced Better Than Sex mascara and even though it's a bit dry now, I have used it and it is still amazing!

I am going to repeat last week’s answer of brows. I use a couple of brow pencils. 
Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz® Ultra-Slim Precision Brow Pencil in Caramel

IT Cosmetics Brow Power Universal Brow Pencil 

Benefit Cosmetics Big Brow Love Value Set 5 

I have a huge stash of the Brow Wiz that I am trying to work my way through!

I was hoping the Final Round would be LIPS  💋  (Lipstick or Lip Gloss) versus EYES  👀  (Brow Pencil or Mascara or Eyeliner).  However, we have Eyes versus Eyes.  I thought about how to choose between Brow Pencil and Mascara.  🤔  If I want sexy eyes, I cannot use one without the other.  They work together for the look I want.  If I am going to wear sexy high heels, would I wear just one shoe; I think not. 💃 👠  My solution was to flip a coin.  🤣  Mascara won the coin flip.  🦄  I still love my Brow Pencil, and Lipstick should have won it all!  😍 👄 💄

Eyes.jpg

@NiKay08 you are stunning!!!!

Thank you!  You are too kind!  All the wonderful people here are bringing a smile to my face!  🤗😙🤗😙

@NiKay08  Beautiful! I love the pinks you used! 

Thank you!  Pink is my color!  😍  I wear pink!  I sometimes use pink hair dye!  If something comes in pink, I buy pink!  I think pink!  🤗😙🤗😙

@NiKay08 -- Oh, I think your eyes would be sexy with either, but are def stunning with both here!

Thank you!  You are making me blush!  😍  And I already put some on!  🤗😙🤗😙

What a stunning photo @NiKay08!

Thank you!  You are too kind!  🤗😙🤗😙

Mascara. 100%. It can be worn on it’s own, and no eye look is complete without it. It’s the only uncompromisable step in any makeup routine in my opinion. 

Alright, almost none of my picks made it to the next round and neither of the finalists are my choices. 😡

I choose mascara, it really makes my small eyes pop. Current fave is Lancôme Monsieur Big Mascara Set . I prefer the travel size mascaras with shorter handles. I also love Lancôme Définicils High Definition Lengthening Mascara for a more natural look. 

@lnum, I've only picked one winner this whole time - mascara. I'm hoping it comes through for me again. 😂

@itsfi If mascara doesn’t win I’m boycotting brow pencils until the next makeup madness  challenge. 😂

1 Reply
testing