Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Makeup Madness Challenge: CHAMPION REVEALED - Check out the winner and Community Favorite makeup products!

BIC_MakeupMadness_ThreadImage.png

Finally, a sport we can all get behind... MAKEUP MADNESS! In the spirit of March, we’ve put together the ultimate battle of the beauty favorites – bracket style! – and it’s YOUR turn to vote! Each week, we’ll have a new showdown, pitting tried-and-true makeup categories against each other until we narrow it down and crown the Community Champion makeup product category… and hopefully get some all-star recs along the way! 😊

Makeup Madness Champion Revealed.png

TO VOTE, hit the reply button below and TAG a product you love that represents the category you’re voting for. For example, @AlexBT can’t live without her signature cat eye, so in the battle between Mascara vs. Eyeliner, she might reply with “EYELINER! Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Liner 0.08 oz/ 2.4 mL😼

Each new round of voting starts Fridays at 2pm PT, and ends the following Thursday at 2pm PT:

• ROUND 1 (3/3-3/11): Mascara (👑) vs. Eyeliner 
  • ROUND 2 (3/12-3/18): Lip Gloss vs. Lipstick (👑)
  • ROUND 3 (3/19-3/25): Brow Gel vs. Brow Pencil (👑)
  • ROUND 4 (3/26-4/1): Bronzer vs. Blush (👑)
  • ROUND 5 (4/2-4/8): Mascara (👑) vs. Lipstick 
  • ROUND 6 (4/9-4/15): Brow Pencil (👑) vs. Blush
  • FINAL ROUND (4/16-4/22): Mascara (👑) vs. Brow Pencil 
  • CHAMPION REVEALED (4/23): 👑 Mascara 👑

Click the “Reply” button below and vote for your favorite product (Mascara or Brow Pencil!) use the “#” sign to tag a specific one you love, then check back for the results and the next round of voting!

UPDATE 4/23/21: Thank you to everyone who participated in Makeup Madness 2021! This year’s champion is mascara - BIC, we respect your commitment to the lash game. 🙌 Here were Community members’ top-tagged mascaras from your votes throughout this challenge:

1. ILIA Limitless Lash Lengthening Clean Mascara After Midnight 
  2. MILK MAKEUP KUSH High Volumizing Mascara 0.27 oz / 8 ml 
  3. Benefit Cosmetics Roller Lash Curling & Lifting Mascara Black 
  4. Lancôme Monsieur Big Volumizing Mascara Standard Size Black - 0.33 oz/ 10 mL 
  5. Yves Saint Laurent The Shock Volumizing Mascara 

While mascara took home the crown this time, you all showed lots of love for all the other makeup categories in the bracket! Here were the most-tagged products in some of the other categories:

We thank you again for playing, BIC! See you later for the next beauty challenge… 😉

Re: Makeup Madness Challenge Week 5: Mascara vs. Lipstick

@TeamBIC  Definitely mascara for me! Eye makeup is really the only makeup I wear these days 😷 I go back and forth with mascara but usually use Covergirl Lashblast. 😉

definitely mascara all the way!! although i do love lipstick mascara just makes my eyes look so good even without a full glam look Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Full Frontal Volume, Lift & Curl Mascara Cuz I'm Black 

@TeamBIC   Lipstick wins everytime over mascara.  I love a clean looking face in with a powerful lip!  MAC Cosmetics Matte Lipstick Russian Red   You can’t argue with a classic.  

6E9A8228-0F00-4575-BEDB-96B775846507.jpeg

Oh @heartsmyface  love the lipstick and the hair

@heartsmyface @Gorgeous lippie

Gorgeous @heartsmyface! 😍

@itsfi   Thank you!  lipstick HAS to be the winner!  It’s instant glam!  

@TeamBIC --

Didn't even have to think about this one. Put me on Team Mascara every time. Mascara alone does so much for me, and I love having a mascara wardrobe of many colors and textures. Blue, teal, burgundy, brown, blackest black...

Faves: Eyeko, L'oreal's Bambi Eye, MAKE UP FOR EVER Excessive Lash Arresting Volume Mascara Black 

I had to think about this for a long while. On the one hand, I do wear mascara everyday when I go out because it makes me look and feel more alert, but if I had to choose between living without mascara or lipstick, I'd have to keep lipstick! Without mascara, I could go for eyelash extensions, but lipstick is irreplaceable! 😁❤️

Since I shared a fav lipstick in a previous round, I'll share different favs this time (yaaay!) PAT McGRATH LABS MatteTrance™ Lipstick Guinevere previous gratis from @TeamBIC and Ofra Cosmetics liquid lipstick in Ipsy Unzipped

I’m not lipstick hoarder I’m not lipstick lover... yet I have 100+ lipglosses, lipsticks and lip balm combined. I only have about 3 unused mascaras so as much as I try to deny it....Lipsticks 💄💄💄💄all the way

@blackkitty2014, no hoarding with you! You're a lippie afficianado! 💖 You have to have a certain variety of lippies in order to compare them and share your thoughts. It's all very necessary. 😉🤗

Yes it’s all for science purposes @itsfi 😘😂🤣

Indeed @blackkitty2014! The sample pool matters in science, so it seems you need to expand that pool of lippies!!! 🛍💄😆

@itsfi @blackkitty2014   I wholeheartedly agree and use this argument myself.  plus you need to get your lipstick right to go with an outfit.  Mascara no matter what goes with everything so you don’t need as many. 

Oh my goodness, yes @heartsmyface @blackkitty2014! 👊🏼 The lippie 💄 can make or break an entire ensemble!! 😉 I mean, sure, maybe it only matters to me, but, is that not enough?!! 😆 

I have to go with mascara on this one. While lipstick may be more fun, I can leave the house without it- not the case for mascara! I need something to make my lashes show up! 

I tagged the Lancôme Monsieur Big Extreme 0.33 oz/ 10 mL before and it's still a favorite but I'll also add on my favorite for summer since that is fast approaching-- Wander Beauty Mile High Club Mascara Jet Black 

Oooh, even though I'm team lip, I do love that mile high club mascara @quspork , it's so good

Absolutely, @danielledanielle- it's not clumpy, adds nice length, and stays put! 

@TeamBIC - I'm on Team LIPSTICK!  Red of course!  💋💄

@Titian06 amen to that!

4 Replies
testing