Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Makeup Madness Challenge: CHAMPION REVEALED - Check out the winner and Community Favorite makeup products!

BIC_MakeupMadness_ThreadImage.png

Finally, a sport we can all get behind... MAKEUP MADNESS! In the spirit of March, we’ve put together the ultimate battle of the beauty favorites – bracket style! – and it’s YOUR turn to vote! Each week, we’ll have a new showdown, pitting tried-and-true makeup categories against each other until we narrow it down and crown the Community Champion makeup product category… and hopefully get some all-star recs along the way! 😊

Makeup Madness Champion Revealed.png

TO VOTE, hit the reply button below and TAG a product you love that represents the category you’re voting for. For example, @AlexBT can’t live without her signature cat eye, so in the battle between Mascara vs. Eyeliner, she might reply with “EYELINER! Anastasia Beverly Hills Waterproof Matte Liquid Eyeliner 0.08 oz/ 2.4 mL😼

Each new round of voting starts Fridays at 2pm PT, and ends the following Thursday at 2pm PT:

• ROUND 1 (3/3-3/11): Mascara (👑) vs. Eyeliner 
  • ROUND 2 (3/12-3/18): Lip Gloss vs. Lipstick (👑)
  • ROUND 3 (3/19-3/25): Brow Gel vs. Brow Pencil (👑)
  • ROUND 4 (3/26-4/1): Bronzer vs. Blush (👑)
  • ROUND 5 (4/2-4/8): Mascara (👑) vs. Lipstick 
  • ROUND 6 (4/9-4/15): Brow Pencil (👑) vs. Blush
  • FINAL ROUND (4/16-4/22): Mascara (👑) vs. Brow Pencil 
  • CHAMPION REVEALED (4/23): 👑 Mascara 👑

Click the “Reply” button below and vote for your favorite product (Mascara or Brow Pencil!) use the “#” sign to tag a specific one you love, then check back for the results and the next round of voting!

UPDATE 4/23/21: Thank you to everyone who participated in Makeup Madness 2021! This year’s champion is mascara - BIC, we respect your commitment to the lash game. 🙌 Here were Community members’ top-tagged mascaras from your votes throughout this challenge:

1. ILIA Limitless Lash Lengthening Clean Mascara After Midnight 
  2. MILK MAKEUP KUSH High Volumizing Mascara 0.27 oz / 8 ml 
  3. Benefit Cosmetics Roller Lash Curling & Lifting Mascara Black 
  4. Lancôme Monsieur Big Volumizing Mascara Standard Size Black - 0.33 oz/ 10 mL 
  5. Yves Saint Laurent The Shock Volumizing Mascara 

While mascara took home the crown this time, you all showed lots of love for all the other makeup categories in the bracket! Here were the most-tagged products in some of the other categories:

We thank you again for playing, BIC! See you later for the next beauty challenge… 😉

Re: Makeup Madness Challenge Week 5: Mascara vs. Lipstick

@fatimamummy   The brush on the Ilia mascara is very unique; I don't think I've ever seen one like that before.  Does it help prevent clumping well?

#mascara

Probably will have to go with mascara here, because I was not naturally blessed with thick, long lashes. 

currently using PAT McGRATH LABS Dark Star Volumizing Mascara 0.43 fl oz / 13 mL 

Hmmm...choosing mascara because although my lips sometimes have enough natural color, my eyelashes never stand out on their own.  Hourglass Unlocked Instant Extensions Lengthening Mascara 

Lipstick for sure NARS Velvet Matte Lipstick Pencil Cruella Charlotte Tilbury Mini Pillow Talk Lipstick & Liner Set Pillow Talk  

Eeks how to choose a favorite child! Love and need mascara but of course it has to be lipstick!! Red, shocker. 💄So many favorites. Most in rotation include Gucci, Kosas,  Lisa Eldridge, Rouje, MAC, Chanel, LaBouche Rouge, Serge L, Pat M, TF, Dior, Rituel d Fille , LM, Givenchy, UD , WA, and Bite - I miss you!  (and because it isn’t officially mascara, ByTerry Growth Boost (because it’s a serum. 🤓) TOM FORD Satin Matte Lip Color Stiletto , Givenchy Le Rouge Lipstick 37 Rouge Graine , Kosas Weightless Lip Color Lipstick Darkroom Gucci Long Lasting Satin Lipstick 506 Louisa Red Dior Rouge Dior Refillable Lipstick 975 Opera Matte Urban Decay Vice Lipstick Love Drunk Westman Atelier Lip Suede Lipstick Palette Les Rouges 

Between you @Sunnysmom , @WinglessOne and @sprocketta , I think I would have been gobsmacked if you didn't vote lipstick 😂

😂 @danielledanielle ! So predictable! Ugh. 

Heh, no! @Sunnysmom   You say predictable, I say "staunch advocate."

😀much better word yes @danielledanielle ! 

My eyelashes are pretty long but light at the ends so I feel that I look okay without mascara so lipstick will be my choice of product even if nobody will see it. I love a blue red lipstick or a nice and bright berry/pink lipstick. I am looking forward to the day that I can leave my house without wearing a mask and feeling safe. Armani Beauty Lip Maestro Notorious ( not being allowed to tag #400 four hundred red), PAT McGRATH LABS MatteTrance™ Lipstick Divine Rose also Executive Realness. These days with mask wearing I need to tag a couple of tinted lip balms and masks tarte SEA Jelly Glaze Anytime Lip Mask Strawberry Jelly tarte Maracuja Juicy Lip Balm (all colors) Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez Stay Vulnerable Glossy Lip Balm in Nearly Mauve.

Love your choices here @Loretta55 -- There is something about that Tarte Sea Jelly Glaze I have liked lately, it took me awhile to get into it; but now I'm very happy with the texture and feel.

I agree with your statement @heavyhedon

@Loretta55 You’ve gotten me peeking at those Maracuja lip balms! I’m really liking the look of that Raspberry shade! You’ve tried all the colours already?? 😯❤️

I have all of the shades of tarte Maracuja Juicy Lip Balm with the exception of guava and clear @Guessgal . There is a strong coconut scent but it does not linger.

Mascara! Specially in this Covid-19 

Charlotte Tilbury Legendary Lashes Volume 2 Mascara Black Vinyl Vol 2 

Yves Saint Laurent The Shock Volumizing Mascara 

Lipstick for sure! No competition. I have not bought mascara in years, free samples last me forever. But without new lipstick, it’s not fun! Charlotte Tilbury Mini Pillow Talk Lipstick & Liner Set Pillow Talk Medium 

I'm going with mascara!! HUDA BEAUTY LEGIT LASHES Double-Ended Volumizing and Lengthening Mascara 2 x 0.28 oz/ 8.5 ml has been impressing me here recently

Mascara! It wakes up your eyes 👩‍🎨

Benefit Cosmetics They’re Real Tease: Mascara & Mini Liner 

Benefit Cosmetics Roller Lash Curling & Lifting Mascara Black 

I am definitely on team lipstick!  Lipstick was the first makeup I tried.  Lipstick was the first makeup I used regularly.  Lipstick was the first makeup I wore in public; and I have never looked back!  💄💋

672 Replies
testing